Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about scopes.

• 03-04-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. I came home from lamping Friday night. Had my rifle hanging from its strap over my shoulder. I was try to take my gear out of the booth and the rifle slipped down and bumped the top of the scope. No marks or scratches but it did get a good thud. Went out tonight to check my zero and sure enough it had moved by about 3inches up and right. I reset my zero and it’s pretty good again. However is it likely to keep moving now. It’s a Simmons 8 point. 3x9x50. Was thinking about a new scope anyway so maybe now i have to. I am a bit ocd about caring for my gear and this is bugging me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

....try to put you at ease....

It shouldn't be an issue, the scope was returned to zero and your happy with results. If you have that nagging feeling then check it out over the next few outings, if it continues to perform as was prior the the 'bump' ... No worries.

Believe me I've found every hole, slip, trip and fall around my permissions and have twanged my set up good on occasion and most times it's good to go and sometimes I need to rezero.

Now if you need an excuse to purchase another scope that's another story.....but remember there's only one valid excuse to buy kit and that's because 'you want to'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Larry60

My 2c worth is that losing zero after a knock is more about the mounts than scope.
    Back when I first started shooting and had little money I "saved" money by buying cheap mounts and wondered why I was constantly having to re-zero. I since got sense and now pay the money for decent mounts and have far less of an issue with losing zero. But yea.. a new scope is always nice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Hunter456

buy once cry once you'll be saving alot more money if you buy decent mounts than having to be pumping money into buying bullets constantly re-zeroing. same goes for buying a decent scope.

Advertisement