Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure will use this or 2019 as well?

So who are we meant to be cheering on between Bianca and Shayna?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shayna is evil but I just don't like Bianca for whatever reason.

Safe to say I never thought I would see Rebel in a WWE ring. But I was proven wrong this week.

Takeover card is:
    Ciampa vs Black
    Gargano vs Ricochet
    Baszler vs Belair
    War Raiders vs Undisputed Era
    Riddle vs Ohno.

Out of those I'm not sure how that women's match will go as Bianca is still quite green and Shayna is very ground and pound.

Adam Cole was saying they plan on having all the gold so got me thinking who could they have join to try for the women's title. I remember they had Taynara Conti help before.

Nevermind Sasha and Bayley, Kairi and Io for the tag belts...

https://www.twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1088249103170134018

And Rebel was the one receiving.
    I was wondering if they would be taking part in the tag title match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They brought back the duce and domino gimmick for some new tag team

I do quite like the biker gang and they could do very well on the main roster if they ever get that far

Was thinking of Deuce and Domino when I saw them as well. No Cherry though.

Yeah, the Forgotten Sons look good.

Balls thought pre show was 12 but main card is 12-2.30 with the paige doc on after it

Great match

War raiders have finally arrived

Really is puzzling why the main roster, Raw specifically, treat the tag division like garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Bloody fantastic

The tag title matches almost always delivers at Takeovers but that was something else

I thought Killian Dane was a big man who shouldnt be able to move like he can, but Hanson is something else holy hell

I dont knw would the bare feet attaire for Riddle work on the main roster

Both these men could be massive stars

When I hear HHH talk about NXT being a brand rather than developmental, I’d imagine he wants the likes of Gargano, Ricochet and Ciampa to be the centre of the brand

So long as they’re treated like this I don’t mind where they are

Going too say that long haird guy is not in the front row but he is in fancy dress I think

The way Roberts was talking on the pre-show and the commentary now, Belair is surely winning this.

I hope not though.

It was sort of like how they were playing down Balors chances against Brock on Raw, doing it to excess

Cant see it though, Bayzler has more to give as champion yet

Baszler is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Wish they didn't think main events have to be 30 minutes. These two should just be beating the pi*s out of each other for 16 minutes. See also New Japan

Great event

Deff between The tag match and Gargano vs Ricochet for match of the night

So I guess we might be getting A DIY reunion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Held on to the death in hope big Johnny could come out. The smile on my face when he did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Typical disclaimer; don't watch weekly, just tune in for the monthly PPVs.

I thought it was ok. Like...great in terms of WWE standards, but only ok for a Takeover show.

Outside of Gargano/Ricochet (which absolutely was incredible), I felt the other matches felt a bit predictable. The tag match was really great wrestling, but War Raiders felt an obvious choice to win. Bianca screamed "filler opponent" for Bayzler (when the ref bumped and she started screaming like a spoiled kid, I lost all investment into her as a babyface). Riddle/Ohno was fine, designed to keep Riddle looking good. I way preferred their last match on PPV in that it only lasted seconds but it 100% showed how dangerous Riddle was.

I felt the Ciampa/Black match was a bit underwhelming for a main event, and I adore both guys. It just felt, though, as if it was a bit routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Definitely felt it was the weakest Takeover in a while but by no means bad.
    Maybe a little predictable. The tag match and Gargano/Ricochet were fantastic.
    • Women's match was fine, Shayna doesn't really need an entourage but I guess they didn't want a completely clean win against Belair. Wonder who her next opponent will be now. Io?
    • Riddle match was good and stiff, he needs to move on from Ohno now so this is a good platform to launch from.
    • Black and Ciampa was a bit underwhelming, not bad but just lacked intensity. Which I guess was always going to be the case when he's been feuding with Gargano for so long. Maybe a bit more technical than expected.
    • Don't know if this leads to a heel DIY or a title vs title match eventually. Could see Velveteen/Undisputed Era (specifically Cole)/ Aleister Black popping up on main roster. Who knows with so many people on the roster right now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

That was the first take over where I was bored.

It wasn't a great card admittedly, advancing the Gargano/Ciampa saga was the only thing I took from it other than new tag champs.

The women's match didn't do much for me. Bianca was a strange choice and even stranger given the match seemed like filler until the last 5 mins or so where they put Bianca over big time. I like Bianca and she has potential but she's a way to go yet. Would rather see someone like Kai in there if they won't go with Sane/Io Shirai.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Tag match and gargano/riccochet were great matches

Ohno riddle was decent

The rest was kinda meh. Not really a fan of black that much in ring wise

sky88 wrote: »
    Tag match and gargano/riccochet were great matches

Ohno riddle was decent

The rest was kinda meh. Not really a fan of black that much in ring wise

I think Black will go the same way as Naka on the main roster unless they have a serious plan for him.

They've been getting him to talk more lately which makes me think that they are trying to get him ready for a call up.

They should play to his strengths and have him as a silent destroyer should he get a call up.

I can watch Black easily enough. Nakamura is a chore to watch. Thought the match was decent and a loss possibly means a call up soon?

Tag match was great. UE really sell the Raiders' power. And when they get to the main roster, they need titles quickly so Kyle has something to play guitar on.

I'm just waiting for someone to do a Die Hard on Riddle and place tacks or something in the ring. That happen in any of his indie matches?

Women's match wasn't great and too long, but if you'd told me this time last year that Shayna could pretty much carry a match, I would've laughed. But she has come a long way. Bianca is still too green and I'm curious why Sam said what he did. I doubt it was his opinion, but considering he's basically the face on the panel it seemed strange. I think it was to build her as the underdog and then how she lost seems to be trying a face build. His comments about not being worthy were one thing but "waste of a match" was really harsh.
    But a couple things for that match:
    Bianca may be asked to hold back on the ponytail after the mark it left on Shayna. Not sure if it drew blood but it was close.
    Duke and Shafir interfering helps no one. Shayna didn't really need them before and now it just makes them look the equivalent of the Singh brothers.
    When did they stop the drop of the arm 3 times to see if someone is out?

Garagano and Rick O'Shea was great as well. Good to see Gargano finally gettting a singles title. Think he's fought the most Takeovers. Wonder if Paul isn't letting him go.

Yeah I really don't know why they put Bianca in that position. To be brutally honest there's so many other stars in the division that deserved the rub more of continually breaking out of Baszlers submission.

Better performers than Bianca were treated like absolute jobbers in the same position.

• Advertisement

Yeah I really don't know why they put Bianca in that position. To be brutally honest there's so many other stars in the division that deserved the rub more of continually breaking out of Baszlers submission.

Better performers than Bianca were treated like absolute jobbers in the same position.

Not really a fan of hers but it was a cool spot. I don't think any of the other girls would make it look believable, Bianca is jacked and has the physicality for it. Remember Kairi won the title from Shayna by reversing her finisher so it's been done before.

Also, Kairi won female and overall NXT competitor of the year. Yay.

And Sam Roberts was definitely being fed those lines. He was awkward as hell while listening to them.

Advertisement