Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,876 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A wrestlemania equivalent ? Stop it WWE. Oh Io Sharai I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Next takeover is in Canada could be saving a Tyler win for a hometown victory

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thay priest guy will be the new allister black type character I'm guessing

I like shayna but it’s time to move on from her reigns

Shayna getting the survivor series 1997 entrance.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Shayna getting the survivor series 1997 entrance.

Wonder will goldberg get this in Saudi next week ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thay priest guy will be the new allister black type character I'm guessing

Punishment Martinez, basically seems like Baron Corbin before he shaved his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tyler is 31. He shouldn't be treated like and getting called a veteran.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tyler is 31. He shouldn't be treated like and getting called a veteran.
    This

I don't think him coming down to NXT purely to put over talent works for anyone, again I'll hold off on judgement early days yet but still. Doesn't feel right.

Shayna wins again :(

He has been with wwe for 10 years I’d call that being a veteran

• Advertisement

Io is fúcking great.

sky88 wrote: »
    He has been with wwe for 10 years I’d call that being a veteran

True but he has't been relevant in much of his tenure including recently. Aliyah has been signed for Six and a half years, much longer than Bianca Belair would anyone consider Aliyah putting her over as a veteran. I don't think a lengthy tenure is all it takes to be considered a veteran in wrestling.

Also Stephanie McMahon just pointed to a Macho Man t-shirt, enjoy internet.

Announcement is NXT UK Takeover Cardiff Sat 31st Aug

Ireland playing Wales the same day over there in a world cup warm up game

Tempting ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Adam Cole vs captain marvel!

Gargano and his Marvel cosplays are one of my wrestling pet hates. Every single Takeover he does it.

Same day as AEW's All Out in Chicago.
    Didn't see a venue mentioned, hope it does well but not sure if NXT UK moves many people's needle.

BAYBAY!

Great main event

And of course another great takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

"The King Ghidorah of NXT."

"The 3 headed dragon."

Just love that man.

Not sure if the deafening support of Velveteen is a tribute to his talent or a warning to what can happen when you go to the main roster.

• Advertisement

**** sake.....still Baszler. Thought that was the right time for Io.

Edit well at least that post match attack was something....hope they're not going to do some bull**** injury angle to let Baszler drop the title they already did that with Asuka.

Wow. Crowd is overwhelmingly behind Adam Cole.

**** sake.....still Baszler. Thought that was the right time for Io.

Edit well at least that post match attack was something....hope they're not going to do some bull**** injury angle to let Baszler drop the title they already did that with Asuka.
    Sets up a stipulation match which should be great. Probably a cage match to keep the other two out.

Still think it was the wrong decision to have Io tap though, have her pass out if anything. The crowd were on the brink of erupting when she almost had the rope break plus Shayna should be on the main roster by now.

Sets up a stipulation match which should be great. Probably a cage match to keep the other two out.

Still think it was the wrong decision to have Io tap though, have her pass out if anything. The crowd were on the brink of erupting when she almost had the rope break plus Shayna should be on the main roster by now.

Does Shayna want to go to the main roster given the atmosphere there and the way the most recent nxt call ups have been treated ? I'd say people in nxt are trying to stay there as long as they can. I watched some of the performance centre combine on the network and the mood there is very family like.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Does Shayna want to go to the main roster given the atmosphere there and the way the most recent nxt call ups have been treated ? I'd say people in nxt are trying to stay there as long as they can. I watched some of the performance centre combine on the network and the mood there is very family like.

But main roster is where the money is and Shayna is quite old by women wrestlers standards. Plus with Ronda more or less gone you'd think WWE would want a legit MMA destroyer to replace her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ThePott wrote: »
    Same day as AEW's All Out in Chicago.
    Didn't see a venue mentioned, hope it does well but not sure if NXT UK moves many people's needle.
    Also the same day as the NJPW show in London. This is no coincidence.

But main roster is where the money is and Shayna is quite old by women wrestlers standards. Plus with Ronda more or less gone you'd think WWE would want a legit MMA destroyer to replace her.

I was wondering about this - I assume the additional money comes from increased appearances due to house shows and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, was thinking Kyle will be sore today.
    And was just checking why Bobby had the sling. Seems it was just precautionary.

Post show Q&A with HHH. There are technical difficulties during it but half works from 4:18-5:55 then properly from 15:25 til the end. Lots of praise for Strong and addresses the NXT UK/AEW date. (Around the 31:40 mark)

Basically says the arena was booked months ago and they just didn't want to be announcing 6 months in advance.

Wonder how they're going to use Damien Priest. Will he do as well as Alister Black, who lost his debut match as Tommy End before becoming more successful as Black. Martinez lost his debut match and is now being rebranded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gargano and his Marvel cosplays are one of my wrestling pet hates. Every single Takeover he does it.

So he gets to mix one of his other interests into his wrestling gear every Takeover, I don't see the problem.

Advertisement