Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching the HHH doc, he said about the Mania weekend Takeover gate taking having not too much to do with it being Mania weekend due to its growth as a brand. Got me curious as to how this one did as think it's the first one on a non PPV weekend.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Does Shayna want to go to the main roster given the atmosphere there and the way the most recent nxt call ups have been treated ? I'd say people in nxt are trying to stay there as long as they can. I watched some of the performance centre combine on the network and the mood there is very family like.

Got me started watching the Combine now. Actually enjoying it, which isn't a good thing since it's a long watch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

That was ok.

The first two matches were great, really well paced but everything after it felt like everyone was just taking it handy.

Breeze/Dream was sort of boring and it looked like Breeze was missing a step for some reason. Dream is great but i'm dreading his call up because he will be made into a joke and he'll get no chance to show off how good he is.

Shayna/Io was the usual Shayna outing and she works that one match really well but i don't really get why they are bothering to bring in new talent to build them up just to lose to her. They need to move her up because she is just making the rest of the division irrelevant. Io can do so much better.

I'm sort of over face Gargano at this stage so i'm happy with Cole being the champ as long as they don't tie him up in a back-and-forth thing with Gargano for the next few months.

NXT is kind of bittersweet now anyway. You'll find people you like who are great workers, you'll love the Takeover matches and you're just dreading the day they get called up to sit in Raw catering.

Also, the crowd mics were turned up as high as i've ever heard them at a WWE event. The wrestlers may as well have been wearing body mics, so many calls clear as day on the broadcast. I presume that and the darkened crowd was done to cover up a less than stellar attendance?

The rapper in Coles entrance was cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

There wasn't a bad match on the card eye em oh, and I don't usually get on with Strong or Riddle.

Cole's entrance was:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

NXT taping spoiler...
    They turned Io heel. She had a cage match with Shayna for the belt which she lost (some awesome spots judging from the recap I read). Candice came out to help with the horsewomen but Io beat her up after the match and suplexed her on a chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NXT Breakout Tournament, which starts next week, is a great idea. 8 guys who haven't been on TV are in a single elimination bracket. I like that they added their known names in parenthesis also, that was a nice touch.

Humberto Garza aka Garza Jr
    Bronson Reed aka Jonah Rock
    Cameron Grimes aka Trevor Lee
    Dexter Lumis aka Sam Shaw
    Jordan Myles aka ACH
    Joaquin Wilde aka DJZ
    Boa
    Isiah ''Swerve'' Scott aka Shane Strickland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Omackeral wrote: »
    NXT Breakout Tournament, which starts next week, is a great idea. 8 guys who haven't been on TV are in a single elimination bracket. I like that they added their known names in parenthesis also, that was a nice touch.

Humberto Garza aka Garza Jr
    Bronson Reed aka Jonah Rock
    Cameron Grimes aka Trevor Lee
    Dexter Lumis aka Sam Shaw
    Jordan Myles aka ACH
    Joaquin Wilde aka DJZ
    Boa
    Isiah ''Swerve'' Scott aka Shane Strickland

Anytime i catch NXT tv its doing simple but great stuff for all the complaints we have about raw and smackdown (rightly so as well) most people dont actually watch NXT other than the takeovers

sky88 wrote: »
    Anytime i catch NXT tv its doing simple but great stuff for all the complaints we have about raw and smackdown (rightly so as well) most people dont actually watch NXT other than the takeovers

All I watch now is NXT and NXT UK. I don't forward through either of them. An hour is palatable. No stupid buzzwords, no crap wildcard rule that we're meant to keep track of and then forget. Just good wrestling, decent characters and a few coherent stories. It's enjoyable.

Yeah the Breakout tournament, along with the match between Xia and Taynara, shows they're not relying too much on the same people. They've had lesser seen women before, but was usually just so the Horsewomen could beat them down. Taynara and Xia did still seem a bit green.

I'm guessing Dexter Lumis's name is a combination of Dexter Morgan and the various Loomis characters from Scream, Halloween and Psycho

Just thinking, wasn't there talk of NXT moving off the network to television?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just thinking, wasn't there talk of NXT moving off the network to television?

Fox confirmed their deal with WWE also included wrestling content besides Smackdown Live. They didn't say what they'll be showing but you'd hope it would be NXT on something like FS1.

But the fear is that if it moves to television, Vince will want a more active role

Fox confirmed their deal with WWE also included wrestling content besides Smackdown Live. They didn't say what they'll be showing but you'd hope it would be NXT on something like FS1.

Could be 205 Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm all aboard for heel Io.

https://streamable.com/xukme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »

absolute a great heel turn and angle

J. Marston wrote: »

It's nice that they are giving her a character other than "is Japanese" which was all she had up until now.

That Greek jobbers ring gear was absolutely hilarious looking.

The cage in NXT is so different from the main shows. Clearly allows for more activity on top of it. Fair play to Candace not even thinking twice before she jumped off. And Shayna placed herself well for Io

So Killian Dane back to NXT.

Surprised at this week's Breakthrough winner. Figured Strickland was the better known.
    Speaking of, I know it's for naming rights reasons, but dunno why they renamed everyone. Like I and others have heard of Strickland and Lee so signing them then removing the name association seems strange

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Killian Dane back to NXT.

Surprised at this week's Breakthrough winner. Figured Strickland was the better known.
    Speaking of, I know it's for naming rights reasons, but dunno why they renamed everyone. Like I and others have heard of Strickland and Lee so signing them then removing the name association seems strange

Wrestling fans already know who these guys are but they don't want the casual fans looking them up under their old names and seeing them do more than 5 moves a match in another organization.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Wrestling fans already know who these guys are but they don't want the casual fans looking them up under their old names and seeing them do more than 5 moves a match in another organization.

Like Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura and Lio Rush and Bobby Roode...

Anyway, they were all introduced under their more known names in the week before the tournament began so your point can be challenged fairly easily.

• Advertisement

Like Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura and Lio Rush and Bobby Roode...

Anyway, they were all introduced under their more known names in the week before the tournament began so your point can be challenged fairly easily.

Three of those guys are probably going to finish their careers with WWE so their naming rights won't matter to them after that and Lio Rush is a moron.

A handful of casual fans would have seen that video package with the original names.

None of them are particularly big names anyway so it's not a massive deal. DJ Z and Samuel Shaw aren't gonna be main eventing PPVS anytime soon.

They also let KUSHIDA keep his name and gimmick and he was on that very show.

They also let KUSHIDA keep his name and gimmick and he was on that very show.

Another guy that will be using the WWE Catering Division as his retirement plan.

Another guy that will be using the WWE Catering Division as his retirement plan.

Ok. So if they keep their name, it's just because they're retiring. Matt Riddle and Keith Lee just about to hit the unemployment line too I take it?

Ok. So if they keep their name, it's just because they're retiring. Matt Riddle and Keith Lee just about to hit the unemployment line too I take it?

Both in their 30s and probably signed to a 5 year deal.

Both in their 30s and probably signed to a 5 year deal.

Ha ha your excuses are gas.

DJ Z, Sam Shaw are in their 30's and got name changes. Why bother if they're out to pasture soon?

Adam Cole. Kept his name, current NXT Champion. In his 20's.

Key players Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa have been corner stones of NXT and kept their names. Ricochet, current United States Champion has his name. Current WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak has kept his name.

Your anti-WWE gimmick is wearing very thin by the way. I don't know if it's a 'work' or a 'shoot' but either way it's getting real old already.

Ha ha your excuses are gas.

DJ Z, Sam Shaw are in their 30's and got name changes. Why bother if they're out to pasture soon?

Adam Cole. Kept his name, current NXT Champion. In his 20's.

Key players Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa have been corner stones of NXT and kept their names. Ricochet, current United States Champion has his name. Current WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak has kept his name.

All the guys you've listed are in their 30s and Cole is 29. They'll probably do their 5 years and then retire to start their own schools or WWE will offer them another 5 years to do nothing.

Also, none of the belts in WWE have any prestige attached to them so who cares if they are champion?

• Advertisement

So 29 is the cut-off point. Glad we covered that. Never mind fellas that reach their primes in their mid 30s or anything.

I'd argue the NXT titles have all been historically booked and handled excellently (War Raiders vacating aside) and are as prestigious as fake wrestling belts can be.

Anyway, quick question. Why do you watch WWE productions it if you think it sucks so badly?

Advertisement