Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Omackeral wrote: »
    So 29 is the cut-off point. Glad we covered that. Never mind fellas that reach their primes in their mid 30s or anything.

I'd argue the NXT titles have all been historically booked and handled excellently (War Raiders vacating aside) and are as prestigious as fake wrestling belts can be.

Anyway, quick question. Why do you watch WWE productions it if you think it sucks so badly?

I don't watch it. I read re-caps on another forum because it's fun to laugh at terrible ****e and i'm not going to miss out on witnessing another WCW style cratering.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I don't watch it. I read re-caps on another forum because it's fun to laugh at terrible ****e and i'm not going to miss out on witnessing another WCW style cratering.

Ok. You don't watch at all. Kind of renders your own opinion irrelevant. Somewhat sad that you'd invest so much time reading up other people's reviews and recaps just to hate on something so vehemently. Kind of odd behaviour!

Besides all that, you are in the NXT thread, a brand and show which is pretty much considered a critical success by nearly everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Ok. You don't watch at all. Kind of renders your own opinion irrelevant. Somewhat sad that you'd invest so much time reading up other people's reviews and recaps just to hate on something so vehemently. Kind of odd behaviour!

Besides all that, you are in the NXT thread, a brand and show which is pretty much considered a critical success by nearly everyone.

I'm able to read fairly quickly so it doesn't take all that long to keep up to date. Thanks for your concern.

NXT has been stagnant for the past year or so. They put on comparatively good shows in relation to the rest of WWEs garbage but they aren't exactly setting the world on fire. The other shoe has dropped with people because they know not to get too invested in NXT call-ups because they'll usually be buried on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I'm able to read fairly quickly so it doesn't take all that long to keep up to date. Thanks for your concern.

NXT has been stagnant for the past year or so. They put on comparatively good shows in relation to the rest of WWEs garbage but they aren't exactly setting the world on fire. The other shoe has dropped with people because they know not to get too invested in NXT call-ups because they'll usually be buried on the main roster.

Genuine question....If you hate the wwe so much...why are you even here? Surely this is borderline trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Genuine question....If you hate the wwe so much...why are you even here? Surely this is borderline trolling.

For that post in question I wouldn't disagree that NXT has lost a bit of it's shine and purpose in my eyes. Having said that, that's exactly why I don't watch anymore.

Only reason I'm still paying for the network is the ppv......which I don't watch anymore either really. Starting to wonder now could that money be put to better use elsewhere.

Edit cancelled it there. Have had enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I actually miss my network subscription because i used to love watching NXT each week ha , once i get back to fulltime employment ill prob sign back up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

For that post in question I wouldn't disagree that NXT has lost a bit of it's shine and purpose in my eyes. Having said that, that's exactly why I don't watch anymore.

Only reason I'm still paying for the network is the ppv......which I don't watch anymore either really. Starting to wonder now could that money be put to better use elsewhere.

Edit cancelled it there. Have had enough.

I don't watch it either, I get the updates from here and the website itself. I used to watch it, but I couldn't be arsed committing to the Sports channels for it.
    But, I have seen that poster, repeatedly disembowel them over and over again.

At the end of it all, they will still have their viewers, and the wheel still turns. Vince will make his millions irregardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is the title shot the breakthrough winner gets just for NXT? Or any brand?
    I know we have the Mae Young Classic, but they seem to have enough women at the PC to do a breakthrough tournament as well.

On another note, I know he'll probably get more time in the manager role, but wonder why Robbie E became a manager. Though previous managers have been for those who didn't speak English well, so surprised Robbie was put with
    Riddick Moss and Dan Matha
    at house shows

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Except it’s not borderline. But everyone keeps feeding the Filthy, Disgusting, Dirty, Brutal, Busted, Bottom Feeding, Trash Bag Troll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loughc wrote: »
    Except it’s not borderline. But everyone keeps feeding the Filthy, Disgusting, Dirty, Brutal, Busted, Bottom Feeding, Trash Bag Troll.

Loughc - read the mod warning you thanked in the news thread again, it now applies to you also. The above post would equal a ban most of the time on most forums here on boards. You being a regular here without issue for so long means I am only warning you but such posts will not be tolerated. The poster you are referring to has also been warned and should their actions continue (just like should you continue to post posts like the one above) mod action beyond a warning will be taken so please leave it be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc - read the mod warning you thanked in the news thread again, it now applies to you also. The above post would equal a ban most of the time on most forums here on boards. You being a regular here without issue for so long means I am only warning you but such posts will not be tolerated. The poster you are referring to has also been warned and should their actions continue (just like should you continue to post posts like the one above) mod action beyond a warning will be taken so please leave it be.

Will do! :)

So back on topic am I right in thinking this undercard tournament ends with the finals taking place at takeover?

Next Takeover is August so with 4 matches left, the timing would probably be right. Will need to see who goes the Pete Dunne route and takes on the heel role. Dexter Loomes(Sam Shaw) seems likely

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Next Takeover is August so with 4 matches left, the timing would probably be right. Will need to see who goes the Pete Dunne route and takes on the heel role. Dexter Loomes(Sam Shaw) seems likely

That initially U.K. tournament was unreal. Made Pete Dunne a star over the course of two nights.

Exactly. The problem with the Cruiserweight Classic was a lack of heel. Uk tournament rectified that. First Mae Young Classic kinda had a heel in Shayna, but they didn't have her commit. Second one was Io vs Toni final. So none there.
    As seen with Pete Dunne, this could be used to let people know who they are, even if they lose

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Heel Io Shirai is a smokeshow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Heel Io Shirai is a smokeshow :eek:

Digging her new theme and entrance.

https://streamable.com/re73u

So they're using the Troubles for Killian Dain's character. Was reading he keeps politics out of his public life, so I'm surprised.
    Surprised they didn't use this week to have his first match back, if that's the case
    I never knew he was married to Nikki Cross.

As for Io, I'm glad for the heel turn. She never really took off in NXT and was overshadowed by Kairi.

Does Dexter just use the Stranger Things theme as his entrance? And not blinking once the whole way to the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought the Killian Dain video last week and the attack on Riddle this week were really well done, hopefully he gets a good singles run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Does Dexter just use the Stranger Things theme as his entrance? And not blinking once the whole way to the ring.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

So 205 Live this week had 2 NXT guys. Not sure if full call ups or not.
    Raul Mendoza looks like a call up, teaming with Humberto Carrillo against Lucha House Party
    Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, aka Killshot, aka Shane Strickland against Drew Gulak. This seemed more like just a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Ciampa too return at the end of the title match at the summerslam weekend takeover ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw Tegan nox returned to in ring action over the weekend. She's had a ****ty time in WWE so far given as she tore her acl before the first mae young classic and then in the second destroyed other knee. I saw a picture and she looks like female Steve Austin with the double knee braces. From what I see online she's really well liked by everyone in nxt and hopefully she'll never be seriously injured again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will they end this Gargano/Cole feud on Saturday and the loser moves on to the main roster ???

Could we see all UE members lose and they debut on Raw together on Monday and become a top stable

Still think we will see Ciampa appearing in the main event attacking someone

Matches for Takeover
    Adam Cole (c) vs. Johnny Gargano - Two-out-of-three falls match for the NXT Championship
    (There will be a stipulation for each fall. The stipulations for the first two falls will be a Street Fight (chosen by Gargano) and a singles match (chosen by Cole). If there is a third fall, NXT General Manager William Regal will decide the final stipulation.)

Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) (c) vs. The Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

Velveteen Dream (c) vs. Pete Dunne vs. Roderick Strong - Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship

Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Mia Yim - Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

Candice LeRae vs. Io Shirai - Singles match

They also said the Breakout tournament final will be on NXT next week. So that means it'll be recorded this Saturday as well.
    I also expect something with Riddle/Dain

Enjoyed the video packages for the matches

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shayna must be moving up soon, yeah? She would be an interesting challenger for Becky. Kinda Ronda's second-in-command.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

One of the weaker looking takeovers on paper, hopefully it's a decent show, the three way should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

One of the weaker looking takeovers on paper, hopefully it's a decent show, the three way should be good.

i feel like we all say it a lot and then they knock it out of the park

With the number of appearances Street Profits have been putting in on the main shows, I can see them losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

With the number of appearances Street Profits have been putting in on the main shows, I can see them losing.

i think were getting a pose at the end of the show with undisputed era with all the belts

Then ciampa returns and attacks them

Advertisement