Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Would happily never see a canadian destroyer again. Also this is the second time Gargano has cost himself a match by being too violent or whatever. So are we supposed to believe he learns from his mistakes or is just a true moron? anyway I'll never complain about guys taking crazy bumps and hitting each other with weapons. Enjoyable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cian68 wrote: »
    Would happily never see a canadian destroyer again. Also this is the second time Gargano has cost himself a match by being too violent or whatever. So are we supposed to believe he learns from his mistakes or is just a true moron? anyway I'll never complain about guys taking crazy bumps and hitting each other with weapons. Enjoyable enough

Maybe it's time for him to be called up

He could be a star but call ups and been used properly dont seem to go hand in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gargano managed to use the Sledgehammer properly. Crowd seemed disappointed at the bag not having thumbtacks or something similar.
    Going by the post match video posted by WWE, it seemed like that was Johnny's last match in NXT

Mia and Shayna lost the crowd for a bit.

Thought UE would win the first match to set up the possibility of a clean sweep. I see they made a typo with the Street Profits on the scrolling LED boards around the arena. Spelt the name as "Street Proffits"

Did I see Stone Rockwell as one of the security guys trying to hold Riddle back?

Another great Takeover overall.

Post show talk with HHH

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Io in her match might be the best women's performance I've seen. Thought she was amazing. Candice made her look incredible too, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Great Takeover, the build to this one has been wonky. Had heard they needed to record more in advance than usual so weren't entirely sure where they were going so a lot of the build was done in promos or online stuff, it showed but the matches mostly delivered.

Street Profits vs. TUE was pretty great, I'm starting to find the booking of the Undisputed Era weird cause they basically always come up short aside from Adam Cole and they never make a big deal of it. Think it was fairly obvious SP were winning this one, Montez Ford is impressive.

Io vs. Candice. Brilliant match, hope this means they do a bit more with Candice too as they have really dragged their feet with her on NXT. Io finally came off like the star she should be, heel look and entrance have really helped that. One of the best women's matches this year and surprising ending.

North American Triple Threat. As great as you expected it to be, Strong is an absolute animal, would have liked to see him get a title on him at some point. Great chemistry from all 3, hope Dunne sticks around on NXT for a while as was rumoured.

Shayna vs Mia. Very lazy build to this, I like both overall but this match was nothing phenomenal. Shayna being the forever champ is starting to hurt the division IMO. The only one I could see making a decent run at her would be Io but probably too soon. It feels like Shayna should have been called up by now and they didn't. Fine match but I'm over Shayna as champ now.

Cole vs. Gargano. Great match but a little too long and a bit too busy. I love how Regal got to pick the fall and was like, "Death", a weaponised cell. Lots of kick-outs and they used every weapon, it was great and really entertaining but it sort of ruins my immersion when I know they have to get through every weapon there. Seemingly the end of Gargano in NXT, I feel he is unfortunately doomed on main roster.

Final notes, I wonder is this going to be the last of classic 'NXT', presumably the next Takeover will be post Fox and NXT could be on TV or 2 hours by then so interesting to see where it goes. Also, I agree with the network running worse, mine was totally out of sync with audio for the whole thing and this was on catch-up not live.

• Advertisement

Meant to say, Johnny hitting Adam's head off the back of the chair looked painful. I'm guessing he missed the seat part, but Adam seemed okay.

I think NXT is turning into Kerrang!

Thought Fandango was meant to be dropping that gimmick or changing it

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Cole is so over with the crowd... I was in New York at Mania and he was over everywhere... at Takeover, Axxess, Mania, queing into mania, trains to and from mania, subway to barclays, outside barclays before raw. I thought for sure him and TUE where gonna be brought up to the main roster for raw and the reaction would have been epic.... I still dont know what they are waiting for as they would have plenty of scope as a stable now that wyatts and shield are both gone....

Great Takeover.... if not as good as previous Takeovers but def holding the upperhand over the 'Main Roster' on Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cole is so over with the crowd... I was in New York at Mania and he was over everywhere... at Takeover, Axxess, Mania, queing into mania, trains to and from mania, subway to barclays, outside barclays before raw. I thought for sure him and TUE where gonna be brought up to the main roster for raw and the reaction would have been epic.... I still dont know what they are waiting for as they would have plenty of scope as a stable now that wyatts and shield are both gone....

Great Takeover.... if not as good as previous Takeovers but def holding the upperhand over the 'Main Roster' on Summerslam

Probably the fact that all 4 members are child sized, if you debut them against any of the top lads they're gonna look ridiculous

RIP NXT as we know it now

Vince coming in for the gig when it moves to live on Weds nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

How many people were actually watching nxt weekly tv tho I mean we all love the takeovers but I generally only look at tv if I hear something great on it like io and candace angle

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »
    How many people were actually watching nxt weekly tv tho I mean we all love the takeovers but I generally only look at tv if I hear something great on it like io and candace angle

Not me. I don't watch it all but I do love the Takeovers. Best wrestling content around for me but the video packages and Reddit clips tell me all I need to know.

I watch weekly and enjoy it. I've said before that it works better than the main shows as they don't have to have the same people on every week

Finally they give Shayna the North American title.

Really hope it doesn't change too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

sky88 wrote: »

Well that's a real shame.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Finally they give Shayna the North American title.

Really hope it doesn't change too much.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1163821562442612744?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it'll be on a day later on the network and the Takeovers will still be on the network live(where were they going to go ?). Given some of the stupid crap they've done at times, that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I'm clueless about the number of people who watch nxt on the network and the numbers they're expecting on USA but I'm pleased for some of the talent that they can get a larger audience on a show that will present them like top stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Doesn't airing it the next night on the network kind of defeat the purpose. Surely most people will just watch AEW live and then catch NXT when it's uploaded to the network. Well those that have the network at least and international fans.

• Advertisement

Doesn't airing it the next night on the network kind of defeat the purpose. Surely most people will just watch AEW live and then catch NXT when it's uploaded to the network. Well those that have the network at least and international fans.

Could they do TV exclusive matches that wont appear on the network ??

Will Sky show this live on Thursday morning 1am-3am ??

That means it's a day later on the network.
    Wonder how NXT UK will be affected. Does it air on its own on Wednesday?

I guess this also means we shouldn't really expect any call ups any time soon, since this is basically the same now. They'll want to keep UE and Shayna. Not sure about Gargano after how he left Takeover.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could they do TV exclusive matches that wont appear on the network ??

Will Sky show this live on Thursday morning 1am-3am ??

I thought they'd keep the one hour NXT show for people who wouldn't make it to the live NXT shows. Also wonder what happens with 205 live now, will they keep it the way it is now or merge it with NXT live.

Unless Sky pay them more money for the rights I doubt it, especially when it moves to BT in a few months.
    I guess this also means we shouldn't really expect any call ups any time soon, since this is basically the same now. They'll want to keep UE and Shayna. Not sure about Gargano after how he left Takeover.

Doubt Gargano will be going anywhere, when you think of NXT you think of him. He's basically Mr NXT so I doubt they'd be letting him move brands with the show going live and Ciampa will probably return at the first live show. Plus didn't HHH say something like the Takeover stuff was more people showing appreciation for Gargano rather than a goodbye.

205 Live is exclusively on the WWE network so can continue having that after Smackdown.

How long until we get Wild Cards appearing? I know we sometimes get appearances of guys like Gulak

Speaking of 205 Live, they had another callup this week. After former Breakout tournament competitor Isaiah Scott previously, now they get another competitor in Angel Garza. Isaiah was there as well.
    10 Man elimination match that lasted the entire episode.

Anyway, was thinking if they want to launch NXT on USA with a bang, could have that Goldberg/Riddle match. :)

Speaking of 205 Live, they had another callup this week. After former Breakout tournament competitor Isaiah Scott previously, now they get another competitor in Angel Garza. Isaiah was there as well.
    10 Man elimination match that lasted the entire episode.

Anyway, was thinking if they want to launch NXT on USA with a bang, could have that Goldberg/Riddle match. :)

Goldberg and Riddle will probably happen, he's been talking about him for the last few years. But the way he's talking about him now seems to me as WWE setting the wheels in motion for a match. Probably see them meet in the Rumble match.

NXT goes live on USA next month, Raw and Smackdown are both on the USA network for the time being, wonder if USA asked for some of the NXT guys to appear on Raw and Smackdown over the next couple weeks to get them exposure with the casuals. Undisputed Era face off with FTRKO or whatever name they'll go by. O'Reilly, Fish or Strong would put on an excellent match with Dash and Dawson.

So the next Takeover will be November? Or wonder will the new deal change things? Just seems to be setting up for a couple of the same or similar matches from the last Takeover. And with the shift to 2 hours, stories will play out quicker

This week's NXT
    Must be weird Street Profits having their titles on Raw when the NXT shows are taped weeks in advance.
    So Shayna vs Rhea at Takeover or triple threat. Though that Takeover is a good while away

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So Shayna vs Rhea at Takeover or triple threat. Though that Takeover is a good while away

They could do it at the first Live Takeover on USA Network.

• Advertisement

this weeks episode was tremendous

Advertisement