Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, never thought of that. 3 weeks away.

I just see now that all live shows seem to be in Full Sail

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rhea has a great look. Big, jacked rocker chick. She is definitely ending Shayna's reign....surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rhea has a great look. Big, jacked rocker chick. She is definitely ending Shayna's reign....surely.

Hopefully but wouldn't be surprised if the reign of terror continues. She's been down there too long to the detriment of the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Enzo and Cass on there way back to NXT according to reports this evening for USA debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Enzo and Cass on there way back to NXT.

After recent pics of Cass looking jacked AF I thought it wouldn't be long before they bring him back for another run but the lads dull as dishwater so needs a mouth piece and whatever people think of Enzo there's no denying the lad can talk.

His time in the cruiserweight division was probably one of two times I was interested in the cruiserweight division.

• Advertisement

Why are they bringing them back? There is plenty of talent in NXT that can carry a 2 hour show. I'm assuming it's just a publicity stunt.
    Last I saw them was that weird run in at the G1 Supercard

Enzo and Cass were so over on NXT probably the most over stars they had on NXT since it started.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why are they bringing them back? There is plenty of talent in NXT that can carry a 2 hour show. I'm assuming it's just a publicity stunt.
    Last I saw them was that weird run in at the G1 Supercard

Didn't they do good merch sales? There might be plenty of talent that could carry a two hour show but as AC pointed out they were two of the most over guys in NXT ever and could get the crowd hyped up on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's being reported now that there's no interest in bringing them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hope it doesn't come to this but the hurricane heading towards Florida on one of the tracks(it may miss Orlando) is going to hit orlando at category 4 strength and both the PC and full sail where they tape NXT are in or around Orlando.

• Advertisement

Dexter Lumis can barely contain his excitement

Was trying to think how they do the first USA show.
    Open with a montage of the main roster guys that have come through NXT, including title holders like Seth, then have Triple H and/or Regal open. If it's Regal on his own, I expect Undisputed Era to interrupt to get the show started.

Was trying to think how they do the first USA show.
    Open with a montage of the main roster guys that have come through NXT, including title holders like Seth, then have Triple H and/or Regal open. If it's Regal on his own, I expect Undisputed Era to interrupt to get the show started.

Would probably be the best way to do it. Have Cole issue an open challenge match for his title or for a future title shot which could be a returning Ciampa or if some ex NXT guys are backstage can issue a challenge to one those. Champion Vs Champion, the current NXT champion Vs the first NXT Champion.

It's a weird place for them. It will have to pretty much be a soft relaunch but, unlike Smackdown moving to Fox, they won't be bringing in legends. Unless, as you say, we get former NXT guys.
    The problem with bringing in those guys is who wins? If it's one of the bigger names, they're unlikely to lose.

It's a weird place for them. It will have to pretty much be a soft relaunch but, unlike Smackdown moving to Fox, they won't be bringing in legends. Unless, as you say, we get former NXT guys.
    The problem with bringing in those guys is who wins? If it's one of the bigger names, they're unlikely to lose.

Shenanigans. With it being the first night on live TV I'd have a couple of ex people on the show, while HHH said they've got 100+ guys in development to use it would be foolish not to use someone like Rollins for one night only. Even if it's to just have the likes of him and Paige out on stage with the current crop given they were the first ever champions.

I'd still go with Undisputed Era interrupting the opening of the show, cutting off whoever is given the speech and challenge Rollins to a Champion Vs Champion which leads to shenanigans and have Ciampa save the day with both him and Rollins standing tall.

Could also do a open challenge match for a future title shot as a way to bring back Ciampa. I assume they'll go straight into new storylines for live TV or will they just carry on whatever storylines started after the last takeover, if so I'll have to catch up with NXT.

The current storylines are mostly continuing the Takeover feuds.

The current storylines are mostly continuing the Takeover feuds.

So Gargano and Cole are still feuding for the title or have they moved on from that?

They only had 2 proper episodes since so not all storylines have continued. But Mia is still after Shayna, Street Profits just dropped their titles to UE and after Jordan Myles won the breakout tournament he's going after the NXT title. Think Strong is still after the NA title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Dream/Strong NA Championship match and Shirai/Belair/Yim triple threat announced for first NXT on USA.

Title match should be good, the womens match is a bit meh, Omega + Bucks/Jericho + most likely Boricuas would have my interest over either of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rhea Ripley should be in the triple threat over Mia Yim from a logic standpoint surely.

• Advertisement

I'd say if Rhea doesn't win next week, it'll be due to interference leading to a fatal 4 way for the no. 1 contender spot

The TV show will be going head to head with one hour of NXT and one hour of Suits for the first few weeks.

WWE's rush to get NXT on the USA channel was so rushed both the WWE and USA forgot about the final season of Suits was on.

So NXT will do an hour on USA and a second hour on the Network till Suits finishes.

That messes things up big time. How do you sell a show that people can only half watch? It can be used to get more subscribers, but looking at this thread, it's obvious not too many people watch as it is.
    They've had NXT on the schedule for a while now, so why is it only a problem now?
    I was thinking they could cut it to one hour, but then they've already sold them as 2 hour shows.

Now they have to show half episode to people, build up the main events that people can't watch, expect them to come back the next week for the same thing and act the third week like they've done 2 full episodes. And after giving people half episodes, expect them to stick around instead of watching the alternative show that gives full episodes from the start.

So with this week's 205 Live, learned a couple things about NXT:
    Nigel McGuinness is no longer commentating on 205 Live due to the weekly NXT shows.
    Surprisingly, we got the debut of Kushida, who I expected to be on NXT for a while at least

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surprisingly, we got the debut of Kushida, who I expected to be on NXT for a while at least

Seems to be some suggestions that 205 will merge with NXT soon, and have the CW title as a secondary title on NXT's live shows.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seems to be some suggestions that 205 will merge with NXT soon, and have the CW title as a secondary title on NXT's live shows.

With lots of smaller wrestlers on next I'd say it would be better to scrap the cruiserweight title because of the weight limit and have a title open for any weight and both genders even but don't think WWE would do the open gender title.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »

That makes sense. Good way to boost the NXT roster and help fill 2 hours.

Would explain why they're bringing a few guys up these past few weeks. Though they did replace Nigel with Dio Maddin, who I don't recognise.

I wonder will they bring Balor back as the face of NXT.

To be honest, I'd prefer not. The majority of the guys in NXT are ones I'm seeing for the first time and some seem to be reliant on past success instead of making names in NXT. Balor was one of those guys, in my opinion. Guys like Gargano and Cole are doing well with just their NXT runs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I wonder will they bring Balor back as the face of NXT.

I think we may be getting KO back on NXT for the first USA show, having been driven from SD by Shane-o-Mac. Owens could have some great matches with the NXT guys.

Advertisement