Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can the NXT guys now expect a bump in pay now that they going to be a main roster on cable TV and not just a WWE development roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can the NXT guys now expect a bump in pay now that they going to be a main roster on cable TV and not just a WWE development roster?

i think that already happened remeber seeing something think pwinsider reporting it was happening

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So will the NA title match be the first match to be sure it doesn't run over? They'll have to be wary of that as best not to change to the Network during a match.

No mention of when the women's match will be since they only advertised Riddle/Dain for the Network half

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So will the NA title match be the first match to be sure it doesn't run over? They'll have to be wary of that as best not to change to the Network during a match.

No mention of when the women's match will be since they only advertised Riddle/Dain for the Network half

time limit draw which than extends to the network maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tbh wont be much change for us over here unless you currently watch live on the network at 1am

Hard to knw will BT show it live when they take over in Jan 2020 ??. Sky prob wont bother with the remaining months left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd be wondering about the creative freedom aspect. It will be interesting now to see if it still comes across as the same show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The debate over whether nxt is developemental or not is a tricky one. Yes, there are people who wrestle on the "house shows" of nxt around Florida who are developing their in ring talents so you'd have to call them in developmental. The people on nxt tv regularly or even slightly regularly wouldn't be in my mind. So nxt is devolpemental depending on which part of it you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Are they staying in Full Sail for the TV show or will they tour?

Adiboo wrote: »
    Are they staying in Full Sail for the TV show or will they tour?

Staying in full sail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »
    Staying in full sail

Good move imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Haven't watched nxt consistently since sky stopped airing it aside from the takeover shows. Might start doing so again. Any chance of one or two big debuts on tonight's show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Haven't watched nxt consistently since sky stopped airing it aside from the takeover shows. Might start doing so again. Any chance of one or two big debuts on tonight's show?

1 main Roster Star is being heavily linked to a return

1 main Roster Star is being heavily linked to a return

Owens? I reckon Cesaro will go back. Read last night that hiro el fanstasma is debuting who I know nothing about

will be intresting to see the ratings come in as i have no idea what theyll do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

will be intresting to see the ratings come in as i have no idea what theyll do

The fact you can watch it on the Network 24hrs later will probably affect ratings, especially once AEW starts up live. Because if it was me and I had a Network subscription I'd just wait until Thursday to watch it. That way you'd have AEW on the Wednesday, NXT on the Thursday and Smackdown on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The fact you can watch it on the Network 24hrs later will probably affect ratings, especially once AEW starts up live. Because if it was me and I had a Network subscription I'd just wait until Thursday to watch it. That way you'd have AEW on the Wednesday, NXT on the Thursday and Smackdown on the Friday.

With way tv is though you can record it on the tv, though so same difference. Just depends which show is more exciting so you dont want to chance spoilers showing up online!

This is the most active I've seen the NXT thread in a while. :)

So does NXT UK air on the network tonight to clash with NXT?

Sirsok wrote: »
    With way tv is though you can record it on the tv, though so same difference. Just depends which show is more exciting so you dont want to chance spoilers showing up online!

The way things are at the moment with Raw and Smackdown I'm only watching them the next day if there's any good spoilers. Other than that I'll watch YouTube highlights.

Is this a midnight or 1am start our time now that it's live?

1am on USA network and the second hour for this week ans next is live on the WWE network at 2am.

• Advertisement

1am on USA network and the second hour for this week ans next is live on the WWE network at 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW had ads for the debut of there own show on during the breaks.

AEW had ads for the debut of there own show on during the breaks.

They had them for Smackdown too. Think they were only for the Florida region as not everyone saw them, didn't show up on my stream.

Really enjoyable show overall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah great first show, love how NXT UK and 205 both appeared on the show. Gives the feel that anything could happen on the show.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah great first show, love how NXT UK and 205 both appeared on the show. Gives the feel that anything could happen on the show.

Rush and Lorcan put on a really good match. With NXT now live and a 2hr show then surely that makes 205live redundant. They'll have to put Rushs' title match on NXT after last night's showing and once the champion is fighting on NXT you might as well just move the cruiserweights to NXT. Do 205live guys even appear on the main roster shows and 205live shows?

Rush and Lorcan put on a really good match. With NXT now live and a 2hr show then surely that makes 205live redundant. They'll have to put Rushs' title match on NXT after last night's showing and once the champion is fighting on NXT you might as well just move the cruiserweights to NXT. Do 205live guys even appear on the main roster shows and 205live shows?

HHH said last week that 205 was most likely going to be merging with the nxt roster

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cotts72 wrote: »
    HHH said last week that 205 was most likely going to be merging with the nxt roster

Hope its before the 8th Nov dont want to be watching an hour of 205 when I'm seeing the raw and SD tapings in Manchester ha

Was expecting HHH to start singing "In the Air tonight" or "Nothing Compares to You" at the beginning there.

I know WWE has experience and not having to tour is handy, but for a first live episode, I thought it went smoothly.

Felt sorry for Xia and I'm sure she'll be annoyed at herself for that slip, but they both recovered from it.

Surprised Lio won, being away for so long. He was in the bad books, wasn't he?

Now I'm just expecting a running thing where Matt and Killian keep getting their matches thrown out, though don't understand why security separated them. Would've been cool seeing everyone fighting outside while the match continues as normal in the ring. Like a more physical Lumberjack Match.

Shows the confidence HHH has in the brand that apart from him doing that opening, there was no one from the main roster on the show. And the very first live show where they have to hook new viewers, Io is the first out and the women's match opening, followed by a quick match.

Surprised we didn't get a Regal appearance, though maybe that goes with the no big names thing.

• Advertisement

That's great numbers for a first episode.

Advertisement