Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love to see NXT do better numbers than Raw or SD on a regular basis just to see Vince's reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Id love to see NXT do better numbers than Raw or SD on a regular basis just to see Vince's reaction

Than vince would take control of it

sky88 wrote: »
    Than vince would take control of it

With the return of the wildcard rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The only worry for NXT is that the roster will be decimated in the draft...and talent completely misused on main rosters

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Triple H losing his marbles already

Have to admit tho he done an amazing job and JR would not of made that much of an impact if he held onto the role longer

Is regal a producer as well as on screen GM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

raven136 wrote: »
    The only worry for NXT is that the roster will be decimated in the draft...and talent completely misused on main rosters

NXT isn't part of the draft apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're still changing the format as they go anyway. The announce team had a new location.

Seeing Cameron Grimes, I remember reading he was the next big thing on the indie scene as Trevor Lee before he joined TNA. And he's only 25. And only one of the newer guys that has appeared both weeks.

Dakota seemed happy to be back anyway. Not sure on Conti. She seems to just be a jobber confused whether she's face or heel. And just who does Team Kick consist of that Dakota is captain?

Just need to watch the main event.

And Mauro referencing Terra Ryzing.

Next week they have 3 title matches planned in their full 2 hours on USA. And they were sure to say they have limited ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »

Next week they have 3 title matches planned in their full 2 hours on USA. And they were sure to say they have limited ads.

Must be something else on next week that the Men's, Women's and Tag Titles are all being defended on live TV with limited commercials :D

Wonder how the limited commercials will work and is it a one off, will there be one commercial per title match giving them lots of air time to have PPV quality matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Week 2 did 1,000,006 viewers, down 15% but still seems a pretty good rating.
    They're still changing the format as they go anyway. The announce team had a new location.

Seeing Cameron Grimes, I remember reading he was the next big thing on the indie scene as Trevor Lee before he joined TNA. And he's only 25. And only one of the newer guys that has appeared both weeks.

Dakota seemed happy to be back anyway. Not sure on Conti. She seems to just be a jobber confused whether she's face or heel. And just who does Team Kick consist of that Dakota is captain?

Tegan Nox is the other member of Team Kick. Ironically both have had devestating leg injuries over the last year.

• Advertisement

Probably try and make the matches commercial free. They don't want people switching over to another station and seeing something there. Could nearly see WWE watching AEW to be sure they air the ads at the same time.

Not sure what way the matches will go. I can see 1 title changing due to the occasion. But none seem likely.

Wargames is still nearly 2 months away as well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Probably try and make the matches commercial free. They don't want people switching over to another station and seeing something there. Could nearly see WWE watching AEW to be sure they air the ads at the same time.

Not sure what way the matches will go. I can see 1 title changing due to the occasion. But none seem likely.

Wargames is still nearly 2 months away as well

In fairness to WWE NXT live is already better than Raw and Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Her and Tegan nox and maybe ruby riott unofficially.

That's what I thought I read. Think they need to stop calling her that on NXT though, especially since they haven't been a team. I know she favours kicks, but really it's like if they kept calling Ohno and/or Cesaro King of Wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Probably the women's title. Candice to pull a shocker and get the win. Don't think anyone from Undisputed Era will be dropping a title for the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

With NXt going to TV is gonna be unable to watch live form here legally?

Probably the women's title. Candice to pull a shocker and get the win. Don't think anyone from Undisputed Era will be dropping a title for the next couple of months.

Maybe with a Rhea Ripley distraction? At least if she drops the title then you can have Ripley/Shayna build up a decent feud and then after have Rhea go after Candice for the title

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bennyl10 wrote: »

It’s on the next day on the network.

Ah darn look I suppose it could be good for him and he might go back on the main roster some day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah darn look I suppose it could be good for him and he might go back on the main roster some day

Guess Vince is done with the “vanilla midget”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

actually going to spoiler that just in case as the show doesnt air till today here
    Finn, dream ( as i expect riddle is raw bound) DIY vs undisputed era war games books itself

Guess Vince is done with the “vanilla midget”

In a way,
    Finn's
    the real winner here, assuming he's getting main roster money for NXT, less travel and only has to hang around Florida.
    sky88 wrote: »
    actually going to spoiler that just in case as the show doesnt air till today here
    Finn, dream ( as i expect riddle is raw bound) DIY vs undisputed era war games books itself

Your idea intrigues me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So is he now on main event money doing the limited NXT schedule of house shows around Florida?

That's a nice handy gig for him if it is getting big money and getting to stay in his own bed every night.

So is he now on main event money doing the limited NXT schedule of house shows around Florida?

That's a nice handy gig for him if it is getting big money and getting to stay in his own bed every night.

I'm just assuming, and we all know what assumptions are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a safe assumption, I think. No-one will take a pay cut with kicking up a major stink.

But never mind him coming back because the other surprise was far better.
    NO-ONE WILL SURVIVE! Fantastic to see him back.

Quite enjoyed that.
    Honestly, not a fan of
    Finn
    coming back. The other return was cool though
    This is the first NXT with Gargano since going live?

I guess Tegan Nox is NXT bound and not just NXT UK.

At least know Damien Priest is heel now. Wasn't too sure before. Doing his own CrossRhodes

I noticed the guy who's usually front row wasn't there. I guess weekly shows would be too expensive to attend.

Also since they're staying in Full Sail, you'd think they would go with padded railings if the area around the ring is going to be so narrow.

I'd love to see Finn go heel down there

He might go back to the main roster sometime. I dont want his run of becoming the first universal champion to be forgotten about

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

When Finn came out my first thought was could they build to a SS match between Undisputed v Finn and the OC/Club? Could that happen as a one off event? Unlikely probably

I'd love to see Finn go heel down there

He might go back to the main roster sometime. I dont want his run of becoming the first universal champion to be forgotten about

I had to YouTube that, damn that was only 3 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Loughc wrote: »
    It’s on the next day on the network.

Will it be part of the BT rights package when it moves there from Sky?

Advertisement