Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Will it be part of the BT rights package when it moves there from Sky?

No apparently BT have no interest in it for now they’re prob reluctant to pay out anymore money on WWE until they see how Raw and Smackdown pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

WWE is stale in the UK. Sky didn't bother bidding for the rights due to low ratings, so BT purchased the rights for Raw and Smackdown at a knockdown price. With NXT only doing 33 - 50% of Raw's ratings in America, there's no rush to ad more WWE content to the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

WWE is stale in the UK. Sky didn't bother bidding for the rights due to low ratings, so BT purchased the rights for Raw and Smackdown at a knockdown price. With NXT only doing 33 - 50% of Raw's ratings in America, there's no rush to ad more WWE content to the channel.

It’s not a fair to use the ratings in the uk and Ireland considering the time WWE is on here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s not a fair to use the ratings in the uk and Ireland considering the time WWE is on here.

It’s also repeated on 9pm the next night so the time Really isn’t an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dannocasey

So just curious. Do people see Finn's move as a demotion in anyway? I know people really like NXT and see it somewhat different from Raw and Smackdown but it's hard not to see it more akin to a development territory than anything else. He's probably better off being a big fish in a smaller pool but curious if others (and he) might see it as a smack in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

dannocasey wrote: »
    So just curious. Do people see Finn's move as a demotion in anyway? I know people really like NXT and see it somewhat different from Raw and Smackdown but it's hard not to see it more akin to a development territory than anything else. He's probably better off being a big fish in a smaller pool but curious if others (and he) might see it as a smack in the face

Probably on same contract and might actually have a decent match or two for a change

I can see others going there too also, KO possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only halfway through this week's episode, but I guess this confirms 205 Live is done. First it wasn't on last week and now the title is the "NXT Cruiserweight Championship"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Only halfway through this week's episode, but I guess this confirms 205 Live is done. First it wasn't on last week and now the title is the "NXT Cruiserweight Championship"

i think its going to be on fridays just under nxt brand

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AEW had ads for the debut of there own show on during the breaks.

Is AEW going up against NXT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Cotts72

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is AEW going up against NXT?

Watched a bit of AEW, I like the old school style, it's very much got a wcw V wwe feel to it now. Great for wrestling fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic could fight every week and I'd be cool with that.

Also what a way to close out the show.

What a great ending

sky88 wrote: »
    What a great ending

They’ve finally given Finn some character and an edge to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well **** me pink a heel finn Balor this could be great

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The kick was so fast. Completely caught me off-guard when he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    The kick was so fast. Completely caught me off-guard when he did it.

Same could be said for Johnny Gargano.

Yeah, that's how you do a surprise heel turn. All too often you can tell the attack is coming from someone holding a chair, but that kick was perfectly done.
    Though if joining UE, how does the 'B' fit in their logo? But can't see Finn being a member if he can't be the leader.

Dijakovic has a look Vince would love though can see the name being changed. Probably just to Dominik.
    That suplex/power bomb could've gone very wrong but they recovered okay.

And the NXT women's titles getting defended.
    Seeing Tegan made me remember Ciampa doesn't wear a brace anymore.

Clearly building to Riddle/Goldberg. Jackhammer, Goldberg like Riddle chants, all being pointed out by Mauro and Riddle even saying "You're Next!"

Yeah, that's how you do a surprise heel turn. All too often you can tell the attack is coming from someone holding a chair, but that kick was perfectly done.
    Though if joining UE, how does the 'B' fit in their logo? But can't see Finn being a member if he can't be the leader.

Dijakovic has a look Vince would love though can see the name being changed. Probably just to Dominik.
    That suplex/power bomb could've gone very wrong but they recovered okay.

And the NXT women's titles getting defended.
    Seeing Tegan made me remember Ciampa doesn't wear a brace anymore.

Clearly building to Riddle/Goldberg. Jackhammer, Goldberg like Riddle chants, all being pointed out by Mauro and Riddle even saying "You're Next!"

I don't think it's Finn joining the UE, more along the lines of (obviously) making Ciampa and Gargano think they had an ally in Finn, only for him to Pele kick an unexpecting Gargano.

Either way, for the first time in a long time, consider my interest in whatever they do next with Finn piqued...

I took it as the undisputed era just allowing it happen as opposed to Finn joining the ue

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn needs his own stable or at least a monster standing beside him.

Rouge Finn attacking everyone heel or babyface could work as well.

• Advertisement

I can think of two good brothers who could do with having something to do......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rouge

The Big Red Machine? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Big Red Machine? :pac:

Finn wears plenty of it with his face paint ;)

True, it seemed people were waiting for Finn to do the UE sign, but he did the guns.

So next week we'll have 3 Japanese women who are seemingly all heel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

Pity they didn’t turn Finn heel on the main roster

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Officer999 wrote: »
    Pity they didn’t turn Finn heel on the main roster

Who knows he could appear again someday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Well there's two absolute beasts that have beef with UE in Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic who probably have nothing else to do bar putting on top matches between themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Goldberg needs to go over.

Goldberg needs to go over.

What would he have to gain by beating Matt Riddle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What would he have to gain by beating Matt Riddle?

thatsthejoke.jpg

Advertisement