Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

In all seriousness I don't get the point of doing it. Is big Bill going to do the job to an NXTer?

Riddle seems like the type of tool who would happily go along with getting beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ordinarily you could say Riddle has a lot to gain from looking good in defeat

But who has ever looked good in defeat against Goldberg, and his short matches don't lend to putting both guys over

Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker 2002 is a great example of someone looking very good in defeat, if done right you can have both coming out better

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe have Goldberg and Riddle in a rumble match together with a big interaction with one eliminating the other

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe have Goldberg and Riddle in a rumble match together with a big interaction with one eliminating the other

Maybe Bill would do the job. They've been working so hard it makes me think they might be mates secretly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Maybe Bill would do the job. They've been working so hard it makes me think they might be mates secretly.

Well Goldberg isn't mill Mascaras so it's a possibility.

Matt riddle's match on nxt this week is the only one I skipped through and didn't fully watch. I just don't get him. Is he trying to be a modern day Kevin Von Erich with the bare feet or is that the MMA stuff ?

Nxt was brilliant this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Matt riddle's match on nxt this week is the only one I skipped through and didn't fully watch. I just don't get him. Is he trying to be a modern day Kevin Von Erich with the bare feet or is that the MMA stuff ?

It's the MMA stuff. Think they mentioned on commentary that he said it helps him move around more freely being barefoot.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Combo of MMA and hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://youtu.be/V4irLgIiJuQ

Heel finn is a delightful ****

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement

I see it reported now that the NXT roster have been told that they won't be getting a pay bump to match being on cable TV.

Finn being on main roster money and the rest being on developmental money will cause a lot of friction long term I would imagine.

cannot wait for this man to get on tv also wil be interesting to see when simine johson wrestles her first match as she is always at and hanging around with the women in NXT

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1189211230965243907?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I see it reported now that the NXT roster have been told that they won't be getting a pay bump to match being on cable TV.

Finn being on main roster money and the rest being on developmental money will cause a lot of friction long term I would imagine.

Wasn't it Finn who said Raw and SD are Hollywood, and NXT is Broadway

Fair comparison, he's getting the best of both though as unfair as it might be, Johnny Wrestling and the likes are unlikely to be NXT for life if the money doesn't improve at some stage

Fair comparison, he's getting the best of both though as unfair as it might be, Johnny Wrestling and the likes are unlikely to be NXT for life if the money doesn't improve at some stage

Those actors who do work Broadway also do TV work during the day in NYC to keep earning a wage as working onBroadway doesn't pay the bills unless you are in the top 5% of actors.

Finn working on NXT then would be like an A list actor doing a run on Broadway while shooting a movie in NYC during the day to try and snag a Tony award.

Luckily for them WWE aren't the only show in town anymore, won't have to move to Raw or Smackdown to get that TV money.

i wonder if they would do a title change tonight with a becky assist as a way to boost ratings a little while also playing into becky vs Askua &Kari just do the old becky shows up in the front row before the ad break gimmick

Woman strongly featured tonight all really good show

sky88 wrote: »
    Woman strongly featured tonight all really good show

And set to feature in the War Games match

Fair play to them for focusing on the women because it's the one place AEW can't compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First ever Women's War Games announced.

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1189871701380739074
    The first-ever women’s War Games has been announced! With:

Io Shirai
    Bianca Belair
    Shayna Baszler
    Jessamyn Duke
    Marina Shafir

Vs

Dakota Kai
    Tegan Nox
    Rhea Ripley
    Candice LeRae
    A fifth partner

• Advertisement

would guess mia yim as the 5th member unless a debut or surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

War Games is always chaotic brilliance.

They should use Babymetal for the Kabuki's theme instead of that lazy mash-up they have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gallows and Anderson are blessed they are AJ's friends. They offer absolutely nothing.

I hope they're going somewhere with Dakota Kai after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »
    would guess mia yim as the 5th member unless a debut or surprise

Wonder would they throw in Becky with Survivor Series in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thought gallows and Anderson might have sided with Balor last night or even set up an angle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wonder would they throw in Becky with Survivor Series in mind.

looks like there going 4 vs 4 with dakota out and hopefully a story building there

Have to laugh at how they presented that. A 23 year old novice telling an experienced 31 year old she was cut. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meanwhile Shayna has 2 she could choose yet she chose neither. Clearly she sees they're not very good as well. Not sure who she'll choose. I would guess she gets Dakota to join.

Dream to be on Ciampa's team, I'm guessing. Or is he actually injured?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meanwhile Shayna has 2 she could choose yet she chose neither. Clearly she sees they're not very good as well. Not sure who she'll choose. I would guess she gets Dakota to join.

Dream to be on Ciampa's team, I'm guessing. Or is he actually injured?

If that's the angle I can understand given those two shouldn't be near a ring never mind War Games. That being said, it's pretty cringey to make Io and Kai stooges of Baszler.

Advertisement