Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gargano would be the perfect mystery guy for team Ciampa at war games but he will probably have a match vs Balor

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mia Yim will be sore this morning. I thought she got Joey Mercury'd on first viewing but it luckily wasn't that bad. Then the bump through the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mia Yim will be sore this morning. I thought she got Joey Mercury'd on first viewing but it luckily wasn't that bad. Then the bump through the ladder.

Just saw the Mia Yim ladder spot and normally when someone does that spot the ladder never hits them. I'll have to watch it on the network at the weekend but it looked nasty. I've only seen audience footage of the second one where Mia falls into the ladder but did they show an angle where you see her hit from side on ?

Either way this could be Becky lynch nxt like turning point for Mia Yim who I've always liked.

It was a rough night for the ladies which Alayiah getting kicked straight in the face by Xia li. I hope Xia li doesn't let this get to her as she will be a star.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just saw the Mia Yim ladder spot and normally when someone does that spot the ladder never hits them. I'll have to watch it on the network at the weekend but it looked nasty. I've only seen audience footage of the second one where Mia falls into the ladder but did they show an angle where you see her hit from side on ?

https://www.imgur.com/en49Yiq

Oh that can't have felt nice. Fair dues for taking that bump though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watching that, is it worse to go through the ladder when it's bridging between ring and barrier or when it's leaning against the barrier like it seemed to be there?

Thought it was a good episode overall, bar the injuries.

Saw a picture of Aaliyah's and when watching the video, it doesn't look like she was kicked in the nose. Xia does still seem green. Think it was her last match where she botched a move on the ropes.
    For Mia, there was a lot of blood and I thought she was going to win from how they kept the match going, making Io take her time. But I guess they were thinking more about filling the time.
    The 4th team member was a surprise but cool to see.
    So was Bayley taking everyone out on her own?

For the men, I still think Dream will be the 4th member. Thought I was wrong when the position was filled but they have another space now.
    Thouugh just reading now he could be out a while.
    Tomaso's knee seemed to buckle at one point.1 ot

Scarlett appearance!!

WarGames is now looking like:
    UE vs Dominik/Keith/Tomaso/4th partner in WarGames match
    Shayna/Io/Bianca/Kay vs Rhea/Tegan/Candace/Mia in WarGames match
    Riddle vs Finn
    Dunne vs Priest vs Dain
    1 other match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watching that, is it worse to go through the ladder when it's bridging between ring and barrier or when it's leaning against the barrier like it seemed to be there?

Thought it was a good episode overall, bar the injuries.

Saw a picture of Aaliyah's and when watching the video, it doesn't look like she was kicked in the nose. Xia does still seem green. Think it was her last match where she botched a move on the ropes.
    For Mia, there was a lot of blood and I thought she was going to win from how they kept the match going, making Io take her time. But I guess they were thinking more about filling the time.
    The 4th team member was a surprise but cool to see.
    So was Bayley taking everyone out on her own?

For the men, I still think Dream will be the 4th member. Thought I was wrong when the position was filled but they have another space now.
    Thouugh just reading now he could be out a while.
    Tomaso's knee seemed to buckle at one point.1 ot

Scarlett appearance!!

WarGames is now looking like:
    UE vs Dominik/Keith/Tomaso/4th partner in WarGames match
    Shayna/Io/Bianca/Kay vs Rhea/Tegan/Candace/Mia in WarGames match
    Riddle vs Finn
    Dunne vs Priest vs Dain
    1 other match?

Bayley seems obvious, I wonder is it maybe someone else on the nxt Roster aggrieved at not making the team

Was thinking Dakota, especially since none of Shayna's team was attacked. But Shayna's 2 minions were

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Bayley seems obvious, I wonder is it maybe someone else on the nxt Roster aggrieved at not making the team

That's why I thought they played it off great last night, not showing who was attacking people. It left you thinking was someone here from Raw or Smackdown but then you've got Dakota Kai. Maybe she was attacking people after being overlooked for War Games and Bayley was only there to jump Shayna.

I hope it was more than one person though, due to the number of ones that were apparently knocked out cold at the same time. From what we've seen of Dakota, she couldn't really do that to multiple people so not really believable.
    Cue another mystery attacker storyline with witness interviews and Nikki reappearing to say she knows. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

StuPid bump to take on weekly show if you are going for that kind of bump keep it for a PPV at least.

Yim will be hurting for a while after both those ladder spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

StuPid bump to take on weekly show if you are going for that kind of bump keep it for a PPV at least.

Yim will be hurting for a while after both those ladder spots.

That was idiotic to me also. They need to settle down because the you don't know what will happen next strategy is getting tiring. All that pain for a poxy advantage in War Games.

I was thinking about the women's teams and how it kinda shows they need to get more talent. If they hadn't brought Kay Lee Ray in and didn't want Dakota, who else would could joining Shayna's team that people would be interested in, without going outside the main NXT roster?

Even looking at that possible WarGames lineup they seem to have everyone people are interested in except the injured Gargano and Dream.
    They do seem to be pushing some new blood in Garza, Swerve and Grimes.

Then there's the tag division. At the moment I think we have UE, Breezango and Forgotten Sons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »

If they don't beat AEW with Becky and the supposed load of other main roster wrestlers appearing that would be a giant win for AEW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

If they don't beat AEW with Becky and the supposed load of other main roster wrestlers appearing that would be a giant win for AEW.

WWE employees appearing on a WWE show isn't very interesting so AEW will beat them handily again this week.

Becky is ice cold now anyway so who cares?

randomspud wrote: »
    WWE employees appearing on a WWE show isn't very interesting so AEW will beat them handily again this week.

Becky doesn't give a bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Becky doesn't give a bollocks

No one involved with WWE does.

Go through the motions and collect your paycheck whilst turning a blind eye to all of the heinous **** associated with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Pretty sure Ciampa mouthed “this is my house mother f***r” to Rollins lol

So do we know what the nxt men’s teams fornSS is yet?

We don't even know who Ciampa's 4th man is yet.
    We don't know the Men's or women's teams.
    May just be whoever is still able to move after WarGames.

One thing they were able to do well in this episode was have the invasion angle while not forgetting about the rivalries. Like Ciampa hitting Cole before getting in the ring.
    A lot of those ones who were invading have claimed to be NXT before so seeing them attack NXT wrestlers on behalf of their brands is weird.
    Though finally found the colour coordinated tshirts useful, especially with the women since we had ones like Sarah Logan who I wouldn't know was on Raw.
    Liked the meeting between Kairi and Io. Hope we get something similar on Survivor Series.

Cole had better be getting paid better after going through that match last night, WarGames on Saturday and then a title match on Sunday.
    Trying to think who would be the best opponent to show off NXT on Sunday. Probably Dunne. Hope it's not preshow.
    Though I was thinking having a NXT match on a main PPV shouldn't be a big deal since pretty much anyone who watches the PPVs is likely doing it on the Network so should be familiar with them. But I guess anyone who just discovered NXT on USA may need a reason to subscribe to the network for the NXT match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kevin owens to be the 4th man on ciampa team after the ambush on raw as triple h said it will be a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Nope NXT wins in the overall ratings. 916k v 893k.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

This aged well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

sky88 wrote: »
    Kevin owens to be the 4th man on ciampa team after the ambush on raw as triple h said it will be a surprise

Rumour has it that
    it's the man himself.

Rumour has it that
    it's the man himself.

no doubt he will stick in nose in it

Could it be a new guy like
    John Morrison Or what hes called now
    or even
    Gargano back from injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

PTH2009 wrote: »
    no doubt he will stick in nose in it

Could it be a new guy like
    John Morrison Or what hes called now
    or even
    Gargano back from injury
    More than likely that the only appearance he'd make is a crowd appearance at war games if anything!

I'd say the HHH theory could be nailed on

I could watch the revival and the undisputed era wrestle all week and twice on Sunday.

For the Ciampa partner reveal, it will be nice to be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Really struggling to enjoy NXT lately. First off the build to WarGames. When the women's WarGames match was initially announced it was met by instant delight from the announcers. Not the first time a match that's supposed to be extremely dangerous has been met with such enthusiasm on announcement. But then there's also the fact Shirai and Belair are on the same team as Baszler. Shirai just agreeing to team with Baszler is just so stupid.

This week Adam Cole seemed very happy that he's getting to defend his title at Survivor. So he has to have a ladder match on Wednesday, go through the deadly WarGames on Saturday and yet he's happy that he has to defend his title on Sunday?

First two matches this week had no ending, main event two weeks ago had no ending. Can somebody please just win the damn matches? The Dijakovic v Lee rubber match also just finished with a run in. And now they're just on the same team at WarGames with their issue still unresolved.

About 20 people were left lying on the floor outside the ring this week for an eternity because two lads did suicide dives. And then they just went off the air as Ciampa and Rollins threw comically bad looking punches at one another.

Oh and how many times does Bálor need to mention "this business" in his promos, and talking about laying down for the Fiend. Though I am excited for Bálor v Riddle tbf.

Hopefully I'll start enjoying it more after WarGames and Survivor Series because I've always enjoyed NXT, but this sort of stuff is ruining it for me right now especially when I find Dynamite to be so much better right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balor/Riddle should be very good although I don't get Riddle but there can only be one winner in this an its not Riddle.

Advertisement