Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Expecting Takeover to be quite tame, to be honest. They've got to go again tomorrow night so a lot of people need to be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Expecting Takeover to be quite tame, to be honest. They've got to go again tomorrow night so a lot of people need to be protected.

I think it'll be fine. It's Survivor Series that might suffer more.

They can hardly tell them to hold back in War Games.

I just wish they'd pay the poor ****ers properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just wondering if it was just me but after the interference in the opening match did the gap between the Shayna horsewomen attacking Becky and rhea look awkward ? I got the impression the attack from behind was meant to happen before it did and one of the four missed a cue. For all I know that's exactly how it was meant to go but to me it just looked clumsy.

The Nikki cross bin lid attack looked okay on the outside but in the ring it looked clumsy as it was clear she was trying to hit people on the back but not everyone was in a good position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Think Team Ciampa is winning tonight and the four of them plus Riddle will make up Team NXT at SS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Think Team Ciampa is winning tonight and the four of them plus Riddle will make up Team NXT at SS.

I'd presume whoever isn't too banged up after tonight will make will make up the team along with Hunter.

Doesn't really matter because they aren't going to win anyway.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just wondering if it was just me but after the interference in the opening match did the gap between the Shayna horsewomen attacking Becky and rhea look awkward ? I got the impression the attack from behind was meant to happen before it did and one of the four missed a cue. For all I know that's exactly how it was meant to go but to me it just looked clumsy.

It was awkward. I'm convinced Beebop and Rocksteady were supposed to roll out of the ring after Becky and Rhea beat them down but they stayed there leading to Becky having to awkwardly ignore them to do the staredown spot with Shayna.

Marina and Jessamyn are both utterly terrible and they could spend the next decade in the PC and they'd still be utterly terrible.

Being friends with Ronda doesn't mean you are going to be an even merely competent pro wrestler. They are blessed that Vince is obsessed with signing MMA cast-offs to make WWE more "legitimate".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess whoever doesn't win the number 1 contender triple threat would be eligible to join the team for SS.
    But yeah I think it'll just be team Ciampa with Riddle. Unless someone gets injured. Though with multiple matches involving ones involved in WarGames, I wouldn't mind them selling tonight's effects in their matches tomorrow.

Speaking of Jessy and Mary and spending a long time in developmental, I only found out yesterday that Cameron from the Funkadactyls was there as up to 2016. Thought she was gone long before that. She didn't even know how to pin someone.

Anyway, I'll watch WarGames sometime tomorrow, so hope anyone watching live enjoys it

Mia is out, Dakota is in.

A work or a shoot ? I mean Dakota lost this week on tv and was left out. She could turn heel easily.

• Advertisement

Mia is kind of ****e so that's no great loss. Dakota is much better.

A work or a shoot ? I mean Dakota lost this week on tv and was left out. She could turn heel easily.

I'm guessing Mia is still banged up after the ladder match so this is a way to write her out.

I’ve not watched the last nxt war games because as I’ve said I’m a purist and this isn’t a traditional war games but I’m watching the women’s one and it’s been very good so far. Very nice rope walk spot from Io.

Ah Rhea in tribute to dusty Rhodes is bringing the plunder. Haha great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only tuning in now was there a pre show??? If so anything happen on it

Was it just the womens war games match so far???

I'd say it's a hard enough match to try and follow in person

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only tuning in now was there a pre show??? If so anything happen on it
    Was it just the womens war games match so far???
    I'd say it's a hard enough match to try and follow in person
    Mia Yim was attacked so was ruled out of the match, Dakota Kai taking her place.
    Isaiah Swerve Scott vs. Angel Garza. Angel won.

Pat McAfee ran through the crowd to hype them up like a coked up lunatic, that was the highlight.

Called it. Dakota has turned heel.

Heel turn

NXT does these way better nowadays than the main roster

Yep, not surprised Dakota is heel.
    A lot of people expected it after she got left out of the team and almost immediately the rest of the team showed up injured.
    Well executed though.

G'wan Dakota girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That turn was so great

G'wan Dakota girl.

Sure you could see it coming a mile off J. I said it less than an hour ago. I loved regal dragging Dakota away from Tegan after she went back for seconds.

Love the way the didn't drag out her turning at least.
    Hate when they tease it for months and by the time they do it no one cares.

Sure you could see it coming a mile off J. I said it less than an hour ago. I loved regal dragging Dakota away from Tegan after she went back for seconds.

True but I think it's great storytelling.

Dakota and Tegan were Team Kick and best friends but when Rhea told Dakota "she didn't make the cut" Tegan acted like it was nothing and smirked as soon as Dakota was gone off-screen.

Tegan had it coming!

Hope they dont have all the women of NXT stand strong together at Survivor series

Btw has Finn been helping in the 'invasion' angle ?

Rhea beats the nxt women’s champs after going to a no contest against the raw women’s champion and pinning Charlotte flair on smackdown. Yeah it’s fair to say that wwe see big things in Rhea Ripley and given she is only 23.

Yeah her push is insane.
    She's unreal though, totally fine with it.
    It's just a question of whether they keep her in NXT long enough for her to get the title or she goes to Raw/Smackdown.

Rhea beats the nxt women’s champs after going to a no contest against the raw women’s champion and pinning Charlotte flair on smackdown. Yeah it’s fair to say that wwe see big things in Rhea Ripley and given she is only 23.

She is going to be a massive star

Has a mix of chyna/Beth Phoenix with a little bit of high flying capabilities too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What a match

• Advertisement

When did this title match stipulation come into this match ??

Cole wont be in team NXT then

Advertisement