Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the ramp shorter or did they move up the seating section behind the commentary tables ??

The 2nd ring seems to be the actual ring

Wait no takeover rumble weekend

Next one is Sunday 16th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wait no takeover rumble weekend
    Next one is Sunday 16th Feb
    They're doing a Worlds Collide even instead the day before.
    More surprised it's a Sunday tbh.

ThePott wrote: »
    They're doing a Worlds Collide even instead the day before.
    More surprised it's a Sunday tbh.

Truly NXT been the "official third brand" is coming to fruition

Heel finn is ok but will take time to get used to his taunt change

The 4th partner will be Gargano I'm guessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That ref looks like he dip dyes himself in ronseal. He looks ridiculous.

He will be just Dominik on the main roster

He will be just Dominik on the main roster
    Dom

The 4th man will be coming out after the last man enters ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Dom

On Main Event.

• Advertisement

Wow didn't expect this

Is he back in NXT full time now ?

Wow didn't expect this
    Is he back in NXT full time now ?
    Was thinking him or Dream. He's wearing an NXT shirt but who knows maybe he'll defect tomorrow.

He tweeted a teaser for NXT a few minutes ago so maybe he is back.

Was thinking him or Dream. He's wearing an NXT shirt but who knows maybe he'll defect tomorrow.

He tweeted a teaser for NXT a few minutes ago so maybe he is back.

Think it might be for the best for a few months anyway

Kind of alternating between here and there on Raw since the draft

That was crazy

Crazy finish.

Britt Baker getting shown and mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great main event, the spot off the top of the cage made me wince.

Keith Lee looks like a star, surprised he hasn't been on a Takeover before.

Dijakovic and Roderick Strong do nothing for me, can't see either going far on the main roster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved that.

Rhea is an absolute star. Credit to Candice too. When it went 4 vs 2, the smark in me was ready to get annoyed that the two could win. And yet, when it was said and done, I was perfectly happy at the babyface come back. Rhea has an awesome look and is going to be massive.

I also wanted to say....for all people say that authority figures are overdone, it's amazing the respect the supposedly snarkiest crowd in the business have for Regal. When Kai (who is half the size of Regal) hit him, the crowd gasp was brilliant. Like, yeah you just destroyed your best friend's leg, but do NOT lay a finger on Regal.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Really enjoyed that.. best Balor match in a long time. He’s far more compelling as a heel and his in ring work is better too i think. The match really elevated Riddle also. The ladies WG match was great and that heel turn wa fantastic. And obviously Rhea came out looking like a star. Possible Rumble winner I reckon. As for the men’s match, it was just class. I love the UE, they’ve been built so well. And that finishing spot? Awesome. What does KOs appearance mean? A one off or is he back with NXT? Is he still going to be on team Raw?

Rhea winning the Rumble would be great but I'm almost certain it's gonna be Sasha. Unfortunately.

She's 0-4 at Mania and they probably had to promise her a Mania moment to stop her whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J. Marston wrote: »
    Crazy finish.

Britt Baker getting shown and mentioned.

If Cole is seen on AEW TV supporting his girlfriend he would be punished big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Rhea winning the Rumble would be great but I'm almost certain it's gonna be Sasha. Unfortunately.

She's 0-4 at Mania and they probably had to promise her a Mania moment to stop her whinging.

Do you think? I think they’ve scuppered her return in a big way.. but you could be right and they’re going to make us try give a damn about Sasha V Bayley at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just went back and watched the Dakota Kai turn and both her and Regal are gold. The look on Regal's face when Dakota pushes him was superb. Poor form on Tegan Nox's part though as Dakota went back to close the cage door and she stopped it with her leg. Very Marty Jannetty like out of Tegan.

I think people are making too big a deal of the Britt Baker stuff. Realistically it means nothing to the people who don't already know her and the people that know her watch AEW already. There's no real drawback from showing her.

As for Rumble Winner, I could see Sasha. I think they're gonna build towards a 4 HW main event at Mania personally.

HHH said showing Britt was an accident and it was just the director looking for a concerned crowd member but I don't buy that. Mauro mentioned her right away. We know how meticulously WWE is produced and orchestrated around those moments. She won't get in trouble anyway so it's not a big deal.

Speaking of Mauro, his pop references can be eye-rolling but his "Oh Jesus no....Oh Jesus NOOOOOO!" during the finish to the men's cage match was some of the best commentary I've heard in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Mauro's twitter is offline now so hopefully he's doing okay.

HHH said showing Britt was an accident and it was just the director looking for a concerned crowd member but I don't buy that. Mauro mentioned her right away. We know how meticulously WWE is produced and orchestrated around those moments. She won't get in trouble anyway so it's not a big deal.

Speaking of Mauro, his pop references can be eye-rolling but his "Oh Jesus no....Oh Jesus NOOOOOO!" during the finish to the men's cage match was some of the best commentary I've heard in years.

Well on the Mauro call aren't the commentators meant to call what they see on the monitors in front of them ? But it was nice that triple h said what he said and I mean when Adam cole took that bump wouldn't the guys fiancé be the most concerned person in the crowd ? Maybe I'm overthinking that but it's not outside of reality.

Dont get the big deal if showing a competitor's star on tv for a few seconds. It happens all the time in other sports

I've rewatched the event even if I watched most of it last night(I missed the balor vs riddle match but watched it earlier.

Superstars who either proved what we already know about them or those that announced themselves after last night
    -Keith lee
    -rhea ripley
    -Kay lee Rae has elevated the nxt U.K. Women's title and division
    - Dominic dijakovic
    - Dakota Kai
    - all three in the triple threat but Damian priest is a star in the making

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Io Shirai is a Goddess

H2e2sDm.gif

Such a pity the WWE just can't seem to use the Asian talent well on the main roster.

• Advertisement

Io Shirai is a Goddess

H2e2sDm.gif

Such a pity the WWE just can't seem to use the Asian talent well on the main roster.

I'm quoting this post for no other reason then it's the truth. Io Shirai is a goddess. Tonight though we get Io, asuka, and kairi in the one ring at the same time.

Advertisement