Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ThePott wrote: »
    Bring on NXT Takeover: Dublin lads!

Man that would rule

Probably wont happen sadly more chance of maybe Belfast causes it's the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah probably won't happen. Shame though they have some amazing Irish talent under contract right now.

Good god toni storm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't get the appeal of Toni Storm. She's about as boring as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of Toni Storm. She's about as boring as it gets.

I suspect you know exactly what the appeal of Toni Storm is

• Advertisement

Heel finn is such a prick

I love Imperium's Russian hooligan clobber.

Love Imperium's entrance.

The state of the ref, looks like he dipped himself in Ronseal.

A bit of feck up there by fish

Wolfe legit knocked out there.

• Advertisement

Decent event

Surprised Imperium won, Walter could have a great future

Main event went on too long but at least the grown men won.

Only other match I saw was Ripley and Storm. Ripley is the real deal, Storm is a very good seller. Daycent match.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A bit of feck up there by fish
    Wasn't a mistake on Fish's part. Wolfe tucked his chin presumably because of the back chop. The fact he tucked his chin meant that he'd put it exactly where Bobby is meant to kick.

That being said very well handled by all involved and glad to hear Wolfe is okay. You can actually here the ref shout 'Arm' to tell Bobby to put his arm under his shoulder so he couldn't give it the 3 count.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Watched this morning thought it was a really good show for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wasn't able to watch last night due to a family engagement but it seems the nxt wrestles,refs and crew handled a concussion issue better than the main roster did which is good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who only watches NXT, I thought this was a good showcase for what NXT UK offers.
    Good show overall.
    Liked that they actually did something with showing wrestlers in the crowd with that Kai attack. Adds to the "anything can happen" idea.
    The women's match was shorter than I expected which makes me think Rhea was genuinely hurt with that turnbuckle spot.
    Surprised they had Imperium win. Combined with Strong losing his title, could this lead to a UE split?
    I'm sure some didn't enjoy it, but I liked the DIY/Moustache Mountain opening bits. And the match overall. I did find it funny how conveniently Gargano's and Ciampa's logos combine to form the new DIY tshirt image.
    Cool to see Devlin winning the Cruiserweight title though did they have the plates for all 3 challengers

Maybe they've done it before, but this is the first time I noticed they dropped the "Women's" part from the champions. Kay Less Ray was introduced as the "NXT UK Champion" and Rhea was "NXT Champion".

And I agree about Toni Storm. First time seeing her, I though Ashley Massaro 2.0, appearance wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

at least the grown men won.

You know Bobby Fish is 10 years older than anyone in Imperium? And Strong is like 3 years older than them all too

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

You know Bobby Fish is 10 years older than anyone in Imperium? And Strong is like 3 years older than them all too

That doesn't make them any taller and that's the really important part of wrestling. I watch it to see tall people. Forget skill or character. Give me that height and I'm satisfied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

cian68 wrote: »
    That doesn't make them any taller and that's the really important part of wrestling. I watch it to see tall people. Forget skill or character. Give me that height and I'm satisfied

Fair point, I misunderstood what he meant then 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »

Maybe they've done it before, but this is the first time I noticed they dropped the "Women's" part from the champions. Kay Less Ray was introduced as the "NXT UK Champion" and Rhea was "NXT Champion".

And I agree about Toni Storm. First time seeing her, I though Ashley Massaro 2.0, appearance wise.

It's a recent change in nxt so you haven't missed it before. I mean fair enough if that's what they want to do but I can see it causing confusion.

• Advertisement

To be fair, I figured it would be the next step.
    Especially when the women (very rarely) fight the men, having to distinguish seemed pointless.
    Somewhere they would still have to distinguish is on the shop. Though I guess there all they have to do is "NXT Championship (Women)" and "NXT Championship (Men)", but that could make people think it's the target market.

On another note, I was just thinking the women's tag titles seem to have been forgotten for the most part, so I think they need a women's version of the Dusty Rhodes Classic. With the number of women now in NXT and some with nothing to do, this would be a way to see how teams could get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

You must be a Cain Valesquez winning the Royal Rumble fan.

Vanilla Midgets amirite?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will Devlin now move to the States full time?

I think Tyler Bate will be looking for a shot since he beat him at Takeover.
    I'd say that match is part of the reason Jordan got the chance.

On another note, anyone else find it really strange how they use Johnny Saint? Probably hired him with the intentions of using him in the GM role but then for some reason he wasn't great with the mic but didn't want to let him go

Who else can we expect in the Robert Stone brand? I know Riddick Moss was a client but he's now on Raw.

Was thinking with UE getting all the gold, should they have a female member to go for the women's title? Maybe before they lost the North American title, it would've been better.

Aoife Valkyrie gets a fancy hype package...

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1222979095979532294?s=21

Know zero about her but it's cool seeing so many Irish people in WWE.

People may finally know how to pronounce "Aoife".

They were teasing someone or something for next week as well last night

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    People may finally know how to pronounce "Aoife".

I've always maintained that if you spell the name Aoife backwards and sound it out it would be closer to the pronunciation you'd expect. Starts with an ''e'' sounds, has ''f'' in the middle and ends with an ''ah'' sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've always maintained that if you spell the name Aoife backwards and sound it out it would be closer to the pronunciation you'd expect. Starts with an ''e'' sounds, has ''f'' in the middle and ends with an ''ah'' sound!

I lived abroad for awhile and the locals used call a friend of mine from Galway, Fifa as they couldn’t pronounce Aoife correctly

Advertisement