Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

J. Marston wrote: »
    Aoife Valkyrie gets a fancy hype package...

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1222979095979532294?s=21

Know zero about her but it's cool seeing so many Irish people in WWE.

First reply to that is some lad calling her British...then claiming he's Irish haha

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

She's going to catch her bleedin' death up there with no clothes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They were teasing someone or something for next week as well last night

Velveteen Dream, the shape the numbers were in is like the triangle glasses he wears

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

reckon Dunne will turn on Riddle down the line but be cool if it was the other way round

Riddle would suite that cocky annoying heel character

• Registered Users Posts: 23,165 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My hype for Rhea dies when she opens her mouth. Complete droid-like promos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was that with the tights at the end?

I'd be interested to see a side by side comparison of Charlotte now and when she was in NXT.

So is there some link between Poppy and WWE/NXT that she does a lot of songs?

Wonder if Matt was meant to be in shot for the Brosermobile coming out.

Seeing Jordan Devlin made me realise we could have 3 Irish stars at Mania. I'd say definitely 4 at Mania weekend with Takeover as well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What was that with the tights at the end?

They were a picture of Velvetten with Roddy's wife and child airbushed onto them. It's a call back to Rick Rude doing the same with Jake Roberts. Dream has had themed pants before. Actually these pants also included a play on a previous pair he wore. They said ''Call Me Up Vince'' wheras last night's was directed at Roderick Strong's wife, Marina Shafir and said ''Call Me Marina''.

Here's the Takeover ones.

velveteen-dream-2342334323.jpg
    I'd be interested to see a side by side comparison of Charlotte now and when she was in NXT.

Loads of results on Google Image. Looks like a different person.

Dream and Lacey have the right idea about special gear. Play it into the feud.

So many wrestlers just do shítty Marvel cosplays for big matches. Serious wrestling pet peeve of mine, can't stand it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So many wrestlers just do shítty Marvel cosplays for big matches. Serious wrestling pet peeve of mine, can't stand it.

Is it? I don’t think you’ve mentioned that before :pac:

Omackeral wrote: »
    They were a picture of Velvetten with Roddy's wife and child airbushed onto them. It's a call back to Rick Rude doing the same with Jake Roberts. Dream has had themed pants before. Actually these pants also included a play on a previous pair he wore. They said ''Call Me Up Vince'' wheras last night's was directed at Roderick Strong's wife, Marina Shafir and said ''Call Me Marina''.

Ah that makes more sense. Was reading it as Maria. Didn't really get a decent shot of the picture or the writing

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it? I don’t think you’ve mentioned that before :pac:

And it won't be the last!

Thankfully WWE signed her and not AEW.

Generally more excited about sundays takeover more than any of the non big 4 main roster ppvs

Seems to be a pretty big NXT next week as well.

The whole thing with Dream makes him comes across as the heel of the feud by bringing the family into it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There was a video package on the WWE pc YouTube channel(superb stuff) and it was part one of what I assume is at last part two of a series about Tegan nox and her come back from mangling her knees. I was looking forward to it already but I can't wait for the Tegan nox vs Dakota Kai street fight. As if Tegan wasn't the baby face already she is now.

Oh man imagine Orton showing up and giving beth an RKO

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Oh man imagine Orton showing up and giving beth an RKO

That would be great if it happened, especially if he turns up in NXT to do it as it might not be as obvious

Think we will see a heel turn for one of dunne and riddle if they lose the title match

Dunne would be the expected one but Riddle could be a good heel

Aoife Valkyrie made her NXT UK debut. Haven't seen her before and hard to judge by the match but could be one to watch. Will see how she does in a quicker match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Dunne and Riddle stuff was a bit of fun that fit well into the balance if the show.

Mark Henry speaking up Lee and Dijak was a great promo piece.

I do find it hard to get into some of the weekly matches. Gargano v Grimes was far too long.

• Advertisement

I'd like if they swerved everyone and had Belair win the title tonight.

Rhea is impressive but she has the personality and promo skills of a dishcloth. Bianca is much more charismatic and no worse than Rhea in-ring.

Make it Belair vs Charlotte at Mania.

I'd like if they swerved everyone and had Belair win the title tonight.

Rhea is impressive but she has the personality and promo skills of a dishcloth. Bianca is much more charismatic and no worse than Rhea in-ring.

Make it Belair vs Charlotte at Mania.

She hasn't got the personality of a dishcloth but she's not a great promo I'll give you that but in ring she is money. I mean belair against charlotte would be an easier match to book with the big man vs small man(or in this case women) a storyline which has worked in wrestling since Moses was a chap.

I don't know if it's gotten worse lately but Bianca's accent is pretty annoying

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I actually dont think Rhea's promos are that bad, tbh id rather listen to her then the likes of Charlotte.

Cant see her dropping the title anytime soon unless they have Charlotte cost her the title. Which would probably lead to another triple threat with Belair taking the fall.

Haven't really kept up NXT lately but def going to stay up and watch Takeover tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think Rhea's promos were a bit better when she was more heelish. Don't think she's that bad though, it's not like Charlotte is amazing on the mic or anything. Regardless given her size and strength I think they can let her actions do the talking more so than the promos.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There was a video package on the WWE pc YouTube channel(superb stuff) and it was part one of what I assume is at last part two of a series about Tegan nox and her come back from mangling her knees. I was looking forward to it already but I can't wait for the Tegan nox vs Dakota Kai street fight. As if Tegan wasn't the baby face already she is now.

Never thought of her as the face in this feud at all. Dakota kicking her ass is justified...

https://twitter.com/DakotaKai_WWE/status/1229104080066236416?s=19

Kai knocked that smirk off her face!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah nice touch from Dakota. I wonder if that was intentional to the establish the storyline or if Tegan just had a brainfart and forgot that they were meant to be best friends. :pac:

Is it a midnight start for the main show?

Edit checked it

23.30- pre show
    Midnight-3am- main show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don’t watch the week.y show but always enjoy the PPV shows and this card looks awesome.

Really hoping Finn and Gargano get a lot of time.

• Advertisement

Yeah nice touch from Dakota. I wonder if that was intentional to the establish the storyline or if Tegan just had a brainfart and forgot that they were meant to be best friends. :pac:

It was and I loved Dakotas entrance video which was a replay of her battering Tegan.

Advertisement