Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think it's a given that when Dominik and Lee are called up they'll be more behemoth.

As for Theory I've real no opinion on Ciampa working with him.

The show seems poor lately though there's no question about it. Again I would state my opinion that doing stuff like bringing in Charlotte is actually killing the scope of the show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing they will go with Dream vs Cole for the title in Orlando? Possible UE call up after WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

DM_7 wrote: »
    Why on earth does Ciampa need a competitive bout against Theory?

Why do the big lads need to do so many flips and dives?

Why does every tag bout have to be so long?

Why so many 'attacks'.

They (all of the above) lose their impact when they happen so often.

Theory getting such a match out of Ciampa would be a big deal if comparable guys like Gargano were not in similar scenarios v Grimes.

Dijakovic flying around would be great if he did not do it in every match. Bronson flying through the ropes would be grand if we had not already had Dijakovic wrestling.

Oh look its a tag match, the people may not be the same but the match will be.

Attacks. Oh another one. Sure why bother with matches at all.

I'd rather all that over boring RAW/SD tag matches, or sleeper hold dull ****e like that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'd rather all that over boring RAW/SD tag matches, or sleeper hold dull ****e like that.

Its good in isloation but it loses its power when it is the norm imo.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Its good in isloation but it loses its power when it is the norm imo.

Good point I only watch Takeovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought I'd seen all the finishes a cage match could have but that was clever.

I liked the womens cage finish, it was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this came into my head when Dominik Dijakovic was hit last week by damien priest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Mauro is annoying on commentary with his pop culture references.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watching nxt on bt sports 2 now and so far the cage match between Tegan and Dakota is really good.

• Advertisement

Interesting finish to the cage match with Sonya devilles sister taller deville getting involved.

Btw can I just say that Zack Ryder is a Jamy bastard. I mean Chelsea green is gorgeous and Canadian so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Women's cage match drove me mad. Nox had so much hatred for Kai a couple of weeks ago she needed to inflict more damage before she pinned her, but now Nox keeps trying to win the cage match by escaping the cage. Men's cage match was almost as bad. Two heated feuds and there's people trying to escape the cage and commentators talking about the tactics of it all.
    NXT is all messed up. Nox and Kai have had three matches now and nothing close to a pay off on the feud, Velveteen Dream is apparently a babyface and wants to bang another competitor's wife, and is way too creepy towards Strong's kid. Oh and seemingly I'm supposedly supposed to be on Ciampa's side. The guy who tried to permanently injure his best friend but now I should feel sympathy for Ciampa because he got hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

very underwhelming eposide again

put last weeks down to a TakeOver hangover, dunno about this week

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Women's cage match drove me mad. Nox had so much hatred for Kai a couple of weeks ago she needed to inflict more damage before she pinned her, but now Nox keeps trying to win the cage match by escaping the cage. Men's cage match was almost as bad. Two heated feuds and there's people trying to escape the cage and commentators talking about the tactics of it all.
    NXT is all messed up. Nox and Kai have had three matches now and nothing close to a pay off on the feud, Velveteen Dream is apparently a babyface and wants to bang another competitor's wife, and is way too creepy towards Strong's kid. Oh and seemingly I'm supposedly supposed to be on Ciampa's side. The guy who tried to permanently injure his best friend but now I should feel sympathy for Ciampa because he got hurt.

I'm with you there, the face should never try to escape that's the cowards move and as for Ciampa, feel bad for the guy who terrorised Johnny for months, tried to end his career, remember when he took of his wedding ring and spat on him and flung it into the crowd then tried to murder him? Babyface now. :pac::pac::pac:

mental gargano is brillent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    very underwhelming eposide again

put last weeks down to a TakeOver hangover, dunno about this week

Its severely lacking. Like nothing sucked, but it just didnt feel like it clicked in many instances.

The womens cage was good, both women came off better but I hate the booking of the face trying to escape in such a heated feud.

Theory and Swerve was fine but it lacked heat. Both have great potential though to be big stars.

Not a fan if Shotzi yet, I hate her entrance but granted its original. Green is someone I have high hopes for.

The tag match was fine but lacked heat again. Very skippable. All 3 teams need more character and storyline development.

Loved the Gargano segment but it was too short. I wanted more. Heel Gargano can be so good.

The main event was ok, love the dream character and his matches are decent but he needs to have more character development. Hes very 2 dimensional despite having buckets of charisma. I fear a a Cole feud will fall flat

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Grimes just doing well as a heel or do the crowd hate him? Don't think he's done anything to get go away heat.

Looks like Swerve is being kept busy, pulling double duty this week. Matches on both NXT and 205 Live, ahead of a NXT vs 205 Originals 5v5 elimination match next week on 205 Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Grimes is doing excellent work both character wise and in ring. Any heat with the crowd has been earned.

I said on Thursday that the cage match was good and the finish was inventive, but I just hate the way cage matches have been ****ed around with. It's my favourite gimmick match when done well but this escaping the cage especially through the door lark is ridiculous. I mean the original intention of the cage match from what I can see was that it was the only way to settle a feud by keeping people out, but now it's something they do.

• Advertisement

Well they made use of the PC setting anyway.

Any guesses as to those weird videos?

So Raul Mendoza is joining the Dark Order?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well they made use of the PC setting anyway.

Any guesses as to those weird videos?

Killer kross probably

Seemed to be hinting at a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1238564816735866881
    Full Sail University has shut down due to the coronavirus outbreak, which includes all NXT tapings going forward. Much like this past Wednesday, all NXT events going forward will take place at the #WWE PC.

Boy did that PC turn out to be a good investment for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The first hour was a clip show and talking heads with Ciampa and Johnny.

The second hours was a clip show talking heads on Finn and Ripley.

If there's no Takeover, what are they building to for Gargano/Ciampa and Finn?
    Ended up watching more if the show than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It was actually a really good show this week I enjoyed more than the tv since takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What were the Takeover matches so far? Gargano/Ciampa, Finn/Walter, Dream/Cole and the women's no. 1 contender match?

• Advertisement

Ha! Ciampa, the coward, tried to escape through the window.

If only there was someplace with no one around but a ring. I thinks that the PC fits that description.

It's strange seeing ones coming out and doing their entrance as normal. It's like they're doing it like they're taught. While others are just working to the hard camera.

Advertisement