Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ha! Ciampa, the coward, tried to escape through the window.

If only there was someplace with no one around but a ring. I thinks that the PC fits that description.

It's strange seeing ones coming out and doing their entrance as normal. It's like they're doing it like they're taught. While others are just working to the hard camera.

Practice makes perfect

Hopefully this is the end of Ciampa vs Gargano for a while but possibly not if there hinting in putting Killer Kross into the rivalry

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they seem determined this will be the end of it... until next time.
    I know neither wants to go and fans don't want it either, but the only way to be sure for a while is make it a loser leaves NXT match.

It was strange or funny the way HHH seemed to be saying it would be at Mania but they kept interrupting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'd happily watch them fight all the time. Like I did with HBK and HHH.

Hope Dexter Loomis is earlier seasons Dexter.

And Joaquin Wilde gone to join the Dark Order as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nxt was the better show this week against AEW, been a while since Ive thought that. I actually watched both last weeks and this weeks.

Gargano and Ciampa segment was ok. Both men acting like school kids with Principal Hunter does them no favors.

The Takeover main event was the best empty arena match Ive seen thus far and maybe my expectations were low, but its the first match Ive really enjoyed with no crowd.

Liked Dexter, its fresh but I dunno if it has legs longterm.

The kidnappings remind me too much of the Dark Order but ill wait and see how it plays out.

I like Malcolm Bivens..... more of the former SH please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1247911061640151041

Handy way of getting plenty of taped content and not really needing a storyline for it. Plus once Devlin can return they've already got a storyline waiting with champion Vs interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Current circumstances ? Are the WWE incapable of saying coronavirus or covid-19 ? Stephanie when she introduced the first night of Mania didn't say it either. Saying it isn't wrong but it's the reality.

WWE are freaks, they don't live in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Current circumstances ? Are the WWE incapable of saying coronavirus or covid-19 ? Stephanie when she introduced the first night of Mania didn't say it either. Saying it isn't wrong but it's the reality.

It seems that they are. Or it's come from Vince himself, only refer to what's going on as current world circumstances... Do not call it Coronavirus, or Covid-19 for fear of reprisal.

Strange bubble the company exists in.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It seems that they are. Or it's come from Vince himself, only refer to what's going on as current world circumstances... Do not call it Coronavirus, or Covid-19 for fear of reprisal.

Strange bubble the company exists in.

But sure of course how could I forget vince and his weird WWE centric bubble for the past 36 years at least.

• Advertisement

But sure of course how could I forget vince and his weird WWE centric bubble for the past 36 years at least.

Have they referenced any other historic events/moments in time? the only I can remember would be September 13th 2001.

They also acknowledged Lemmy's passing as well, but that could've been more down to Hunter insisting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I do wonder if it’s all a Vince bubble that everyone has to put up with or is it something that becomes ingrained in you when you work there.

I think I read that gargano vs ciampa is going to be an off site match

Have they referenced any other historic events/moments in time? the only I can remember would be September 13th 2001.

They also acknowledged Lemmy's passing as well, but that could've been more down to Hunter insisting on it.

9/11 is the only one I can remember but given they were the first live TV show on the air other than news two days later they had to mention it.

sky88 wrote: »
    I do wonder if it’s all a Vince bubble that everyone has to put up with or is it something that becomes ingrained in you when you work there.

I think I read that gargano vs ciampa is going to be an off site match

Its probably something that's developed over time and is now something that's part of the mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

9/11 is the only one I can remember but given they were the first live TV show on the air other than news two days later they had to mention it.

Didn’t cena announce osama bin laden was dead on or just after a ppv and the rock said it the next night

It's not like a title has gone undefended for long periods before. Come to think of it have they filmed NXT UK up to the planned Takeover Dublin date?

sky88 wrote: »
    Didn’t cena announce osama bin laden was dead on or just after a ppv and the rock said it the next night

Yup, at Extreme Rules 2011.

It's not like a title has gone undefended for long periods before. Come to think of it have they filmed NXT UK up to the planned Takeover Dublin date?

Whole NXT UK taping schedule is gone to **** and has to be reset

It was takeover Dublin on the 26th April, then TV tapings in Bournemouth the weekend after and then Glasgow tapings in July

Glasgow tapings might go ahead as scheduled and kickoff of the build up to Takeover Dublin in October

Hard to know at this stage what's happening and it could spell trouble for the brand

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yup, at Extreme Rules 2011.

Did that not Happen after the PPV feed ended?

Loughc wrote: »
    Did that not Happen after the PPV feed ended?

Yes it did but I think it's included on the network version in one of those after the show things they've added to some PPVs and raws.

I don't remember the rock mentioning it after that but fair enough if he did.

• Advertisement

I don't know if it's up to when takeover Dublin was planned but I read they had at least two more weeks tapped from a while back. Just thinking if they have only two weeks left is that going to leave them a week short ?

If filmed up to or close to the planned Takeover, then I wonder if they're editing it to remove talk of Takeover and setting matches up for it.
    And while they're carrying on in the US, they probably won't get away with doing recordings in the UK

If filmed up to or close to the planned Takeover, then I wonder if they're editing it to remove talk of Takeover and setting matches up for it.
    And while they're carrying on in the US, they probably won't get away with doing recordings in the UK

could be a pretty different Takeover Dublin card than what was planned. Wait and see i suppose

anyone tuning in for NXT tonight ?

Pretty good production and storytelling for that match and please god let it be the end of this fued

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why does it need to be the end?

I find those calls odd about wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gargano and Ciampa should NEVER feud or wrestle again. I've never been so sick of a feud.

Edit: Corbin/Reigns. I was more sick of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

5 ad breaks, Triple H doing his best Guy Ritchie movie audition, 2 wrestlers who apparently never learned how to punch or kick, camera angles that, even if the strikes did look good, you can't see the strikes land with, garbage wrestling, the awful melodrama that's plagued the feud from the start turned up to like 100, Drake Wuertz silly selling, dialogue that you know these two thought was real clever and nuanced but is so cringe, the bleeping to emphasise just how serious they are, that ridiculous hum in the background, the overwhelming boredom!! SHOOT NAMES!, "Are you happy? I hate my husband! " The stupid finish with a cup and the obvious Candice turn.

This is the worst match of the year. Maybe one of the worst I've ever seen. Anyone who thought Triple H is a good booker has to take an L on that. Shawn Michaels is somehow ruining one of the best WWE legacies ever with his vision of what NXT should be. I saw someone say it's like he has taken that "I'm sorry, I love you" spot on the Ric Flair match and turned it into every big NXT match played out over the course of 30+ tedious minutes. God awful.

5 ad breaks, Triple H doing his best Guy Ritchie movie audition, 2 wrestlers who apparently never learned how to punch or kick, camera angles that, even if the strikes did look good, you can't see the strikes land with, garbage wrestling, the awful melodrama that's plagued the feud from the start turned up to like 100, Drake Wuertz silly selling, dialogue that you know these two thought was real clever and nuanced but is so cringe, the bleeping to emphasise just how serious they are, that ridiculous hum in the background, the overwhelming boredom!! SHOOT NAMES!, "Are you happy? I hate my husband! " The stupid finish with a cup and the obvious Candice turn.

This is the worst match of the year. Maybe one of the worst I've ever seen. Anyone who thought Triple H is a good booker has to take an L on that. Shawn Michaels is somehow ruining one of the best WWE legacies ever with his vision of what NXT should be. I saw someone say it's like he has taken that "I'm sorry, I love you" spot on the Ric Flair match and turned it into every big NXT match played out over the course of 30+ tedious minutes. God awful.

Hahahaha yeah right. This has been one of the best rivalries in the a long time, they've had so many amazing matches over the years and this was good to. I agree the camera work was a bit ****e but the story, aggression and passion behind why they're fighting worked for me. Cool if you didn't get it though. We all like different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Hahahaha yeah right. This has been one of the best rivalries in the a long time, they've had so many amazing matches over the years and this was good to. I agree the camera work was a bit ****e but the story, aggression and passion behind why they're fighting worked for me. Cool if you didn't get it though. We all like different things.

Hahaha I'd say genuinely an 8 year old could "get it." I'm not exaggerating that either, this show is made for an audience that age or close. What is there to get? Gargano and Ciampa quite literally scream out the meaning of everything, no subtlty, no subtext, surface level melodrama. Literally all of their matches have been way too long, way too melodramatic, way too over the top to the point that it's goofy rather than serious. I'd say it has set the standard for the blueprint for big NXT matches for the last 18 months and it's awful. You can't blame this feud solely for NXT's formulaic nature but it's more than played it's part.

• Advertisement

Hahaha I'd say genuinely an 8 year old could "get it." I'm not exaggerating that either, this show is made for an audience that age or close. What is there to get? Gargano and Ciampa quite literally scream out the meaning of everything, no subtlty, no subtext, surface level melodrama. Literally all of their matches have been way too long, way too melodramatic, way too over the top to the point that it's goofy rather than serious. I'd say it has set the standard for the blueprint for big NXT matches for the last 18 months and it's awful. You can't blame this feud solely for NXT's formulaic nature but it's more than played it's part.

Why did you bother watching it then? You clearly don't like them or their other matches. It's your own fault, what did you expect? That's like me giving out about a Seth Rollins match when I hate the lad. I'd just not watch him. That's what you should of done.

Advertisement