Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why did you bother watching it then? You clearly don't like them or their other matches. It's your own fault, what did you expect? That's like me giving out about a Seth Rollins match when I hate the lad. I'd just not watch him. That's what you should of done.

I watch the show practically every week. I went in unspoiled, and then it got going and just wow, like a horrible love child of the Edge/Orton match and the Wyatt/Taker matches. All of the slow, monotony of the former, all of the silly bells and whistles of the latter without the irony. It took itself so seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I watch the show practically every week. I went in unspoiled, and then it got going and just wow, like a horrible love child of the Edge/Orton match and the Wyatt/Taker matches. All of the slow, monotony of the former, all of the silly bells and whistles of the latter without the irony. It took itself so seriously.

You could of just turned it off.

You could of just turned it off.

After the 3rd ad break I should have. But turning off the main event segment of a weekly shoe I catch most weeks is not a great recommendation.

I did check my phone a few times though with the boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

NXT. Won the ratings by a big total of 1k

But still not great ratings for either 693k to 692k but being killed by news

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Now I see why spoilers is included in the title of so many threads on here.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    NXT. Won the ratings by a big total of 1k

But still not great ratings for either 693k to 692k but being killed by news

Both up this week. NXT won total viewers but gave away a big match, and lost the demo again convincingly.

After the 3rd ad break I should have. But turning off the main event segment of a weekly shoe I catch most weeks is not a great recommendation.

I did check my phone a few times though with the boredom.

Yes it is, I hate Lashley, Rollins, lots of lads, I just turn them off, no point watching wrestlers you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a heads up nxt will be available on the WWE network seven days after it airs on USA network which I'm surprised wasn't the deal at the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just a heads up nxt will be available on the WWE network seven days after it airs on USA network which I'm surprised wasn't the deal at the very start.

Yeah I’ll be streaming it elsewhere so, if it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just an update on the nxt upload change it's just the U.K. and presumably us in Ireland who have a week delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The ladies ladder match was brilliant. Maybe Im becoming more accustomed to empty arena matches but this was excellent. Loved the 3 way North American match last week and this was better IMO. All 6 ladies busted their asses. Best empty arena match yet.

Firstly I loved Gargano and Ciampa. Both are excellent and their feud their last feud was amazing.

My thoughts initially was Ive no time for more Gargano v Ciampa when Johnny smashed Blackheart in the mush last Takeover. That said they pulled me in with the feud up until this match, with their face to face 2 weeks back did a good job selling this blowoff match.

That said, I hated this match. It was too long, no atmosphere and at the end of the day it just bored. Me. I was liking the ending at first with Tomasso and Johnny just seemingly happy to apologise, but I didnt like the LaRae heel turn. It wasnt need and will most likely just drag this feud on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not familiar with Tim Thatcher, but I just thought he reminded me of Oney Lorcan with hair.

Wonder why they changed the barriers and all from Raw.

Hope Vince didn't see the cameraman wearing a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Killer Kross is now Karrion Kross.

Sounds like a version of The Passion starting Kenneth Williams and Sid James.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not familiar with Tim Thatcher, but I just thought he reminded me of Oney Lorcan with hair.

Wonder why they changed the barriers and all from Raw.

How Vince didn't see the guy wearing a mask

I saw Thatcher as strong Ambrose and Lumis as strong Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Killer Kross is now Karrion Kross.

I can't see his name without thinking of the Kansas song, Carry On Wayward Son...

Should've gone with Kriss Kross.

He just sneaks up behind people and gives them a fright

Who is Kriss Kross?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Should've gone with Kriss Kross.

He just sneaks up behind people and gives them a fright

Kris Kross is not having anything today

The Mac Dad will make you jump jump
    Daddy Mac will make you jump jump
    Kris Kross will make you jump jump

So Drake's sacking was a work? Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

J. Marston wrote: »
    So Drake's sacking was a work? Ugh.

No he was already announced for the tournament so finishing up after it

Who is Kriss Kross?

https://youtu.be/010KyIQjkTk

Hard to tell what they're doing with Drake. If it's a work then it's in bad taste considering the others. And if not, why fire him before these matches?

Dexter doesn't exactly come across as a face.
    Had to check to see why Kyle O'Reilly has been missing. Seems he's diabetic so high risk.

Kross and Scarlett officially named by commentary.

Charlotte using the "good hand" as an insult.

Commentators are a bit off everywhere it seems. With Josh getting names wrong on Impact and now Tom saying Adam Cole pinned Adam Cole. Maybe it's like how Bret screwed Bret

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Commentators are a bit off everywhere it seems. With Josh getting names wrong on Impact and now Tom saying Adam Cole pinned Adam Cole. Maybe it's like how Bret screwed Bret

More so how Owen kicked Bret's leg out from under his leg. Go to 1:00 and laugh over and over again :pac:

Ah, the highly sought after WW title.

Was thinking during his match, when was the last time we actually got to see Drake in a proper match? Think he had one in 205 Live but otherwise he's been 205 GM and 24/7 comic relief

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Christ they better dial it back a bit with Atlas.They overegged that post match segment with him and Maverick.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is the Drake Maverick thing a work so? He posits an emotional video and now it’s been used for some crap storyline whereby if he wins this tournament he keeps this job? Making a storyline out of this at the same time people have actually lost their jobs is so wwe. Tasteless in the extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That whole drake thing is bizarre

I think Drake deserves criticism for it also if it is a work.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If it is a work then for him to agree to it knowing that some of his colleagues were getting fired isn't a good look on him at all however you do what you need to do to keep your job in these times.

If the crying release video was a shoot and it got him his job back no one will believe it now.

One way or another if he has a job at the end of this he will come off really bad from it in the eyes of a lot of people however will he care as he has a job and did as Vince asked which will keep him in a job till Vince gets bored of him again.

• Advertisement

Yeah even if he was offered his job back for whatever reason, it'll look like he was never fired. But at the end of the day, he had to look after himself over anyone else

Advertisement