Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

HHH and Michaels to make a Major announcement on tonight’s show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

HHH and Michaels to make a Major announcement on tonight’s show.

There adopting a child together

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say they'll make some reference to Becky's announcement, unless it's something serious

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Riddle gets on my nerves sometimes

I'd say he's a right pain in the hole to be with

Can't stand Riddle at all.

• Advertisement

NXT 'takeover in your house' June 7th on the wwe network

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NXT 'takeover in your house' June 7th on the wwe network

So much for a major announcement ffs

I assumed Gargano would be facing Lee at Takeover since it showed them both in the promo video before they got to the dinner.

Oh and going forward, maybe turn down the music when making an announcement.

Found it funny when Mauro called Tegan "NXT's Capatin America". Because you can't get more American than Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Gotta love them using old Armageddon theme song this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I assumed Gargano would be facing Lee at Takeover since it showed them both in the promo video before they got to the dinner.

Oh and going forward, maybe turn down the music when making an announcement.

Found it funny when Mauro called Tegan "NXT's Capatin America". Because you can't get more American than Wales

Mauro annoyed me last night....it was the first time I understood the criticism of him.

• Advertisement

He just needs to let the others talk.
    Think it was after a video package he said something like "Are you excited for that Beth? I know I'm excited" then went on for another bit not letting Beth actually answer.

I know I said about that new woman ref getting in the way last week. 2 other refs got in the way this week. It wouldn't be so bad but when they're being hit accidentally by wrestlers and they just carry on, it makes all the times refs get knocked down and out with less impact on other occasions look even more stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The audio was a mess. Mauro seemed like he was a second behind the video, it was like the worst Zoom team meeting you've had in the last couple of months with two voices going over the top of each other. Except that it was Mauro always the one who just keeps shouting. Somebody stop this man!

The edit on the Jake Atlas blood/clean up was hokey and took me out of the match in a big way

Opening match you have a guy turn heel, lose the tag titles, give a silly reason why then have him lose in the main event of the same show? Wow, it's almost like WWE have no belief at all in Thatchers and only signed him for stockpiling purposes...

Watching the entrance this week, Scarlett mouthing the words doesn't look so bad.
    Ciampa comes out to confront Kross after an attack from behind and doesn't lay a finger on him?

Shotzi comes across as someone playing a character. Though not sure what they were at with the tank.

The colours of In Your House just don't seem right. They're too bright for a background for Ciampa/Kross.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Watching the entrance this week, Scarlett mouthing the words doesn't look so bad.
    Ciampa comes out to confront Kross after an attack from behind and doesn't lay a finger on him?

Shotzi comes across as someone playing a character. Though not sure what they were at with the tank.

The colours of In Your House just don't seem right. They're too bright for a background for Ciampa/Kross.

I think the Ciampa scenario comes from one of my big issues with NXT.

Every week it has so many random unprovoked or sometimes provoked attacks.

So Ciampa has to act like he did to not just be another fight or attack breaking out like all the others on the show.

Speaking of a fight breaking out, with the camera cut I think Dream's elbow was edited together

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The whole thing is just weird. Out of all the guys between NXT and 205 Live, why was Drake suddenly given the shot? Not saying he shouldn't have got it but as he said, he was pretty much out of the ring of 3 years. Then he gets this right before his release, which is something that isn't exactly decided overnight

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also i dont understand him getting promo videos and youtube mini documentaries for a guy who was been released. Why didnt someone Lio Rush for example get the same video or anyone who was released in the same batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably being cynical now with the benefit of hindsight but his crying video after being released seemed a bit contrived. I remember he had perfect lighting and all prepared for it.

It's a shít storyline, in my opinion.

Might have been more to the setup than needed but enjoyed that main event. Strange to have a new type of match on a random episode.

Crowd was a bit better than Raw but that might be to do with them personally knowing the competitors better than they know Raw ones. So all just out enjoying it.

Without the tap, shouldn't Kushida have also won by pinfall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Shotzi Blackheart bump looked so bad.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/adnged

Yeah meant to say. Don't think they expected her to jump when doing that. Darby Allin does do it better though, assuming that was an attempted coffin drop

All these high spot across all companies and wrestlers don't know how to catch someone.

Maybe use that state of the art training center to teach how to catch wrestlers while teaching how to do high spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Riddle vs thatcher was probably my favourite match since pandemic started not including cinematic matches

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

That coffin drop off the apron looks dangerous. I already have my reservations about the move when Darby Allin does it off the top rope, but Shotzi's doing it outside the ring could lead to disaster for her. WWE probably won't allow her to do it after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Shotzi seems to crash and burn a lot.....I say that because she shares videos of such spots on Instagram.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The whole thing is just weird. Out of all the guys between NXT and 205 Live, why was Drake suddenly given the shot? Not saying he shouldn't have got it but as he said, he was pretty much out of the ring of 3 years. Then he gets this right before his release, which is something that isn't exactly decided overnight

I'd still reckon this wasn't the original plan, but that the video he posted when the news broke created enough buzz that they've worked it into the story.

If he showed that much emotion that the walked back his sacking, then thats an incredible example of putting yourself out there and it working.

I think the vast majority of people don't give a damn about the vast majority of 205 guys. Drake showed people cared about him, and has been heavily rewarded as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Only caught NXT now. Last few months especially there's not a lot to like about it and I've been considering just hand waving it like I do Raw and Smackdown but man that Fight Pit was great stuff. It looked cool, they didn't over-egg it, the work was stiff, the result was correct. I wasn't mad about how they got to it, but the conclusion was perfect with Thatcher looking like a beast. Great main event.

Loads of stuff I didn't like about the show but honestly with a main event that good it would just be nitpicking.

I thought they would keep Riddles last match for 'in your house'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The whole fight pit was amazing. Great innovation again from wwe. They really are the gold standard when it comes to creativity of matches.

Advertisement