Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Gargano loves his cosplay

Don't get me started.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Womens title match is the main event i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did someone call for an Uber lol

Dexter lumis looks German

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was one of the better presented cinematic matches in my opinion. Liked the look of it.
    Don't know what you do with Cole at this stage aside from face Balor.

• Advertisement

Deadly Todd :)

They have done such a great job building Kross as a monster he has to win here to keep up that momentum.

I'm Champa's biggest fan but he gets nothing out of a win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Kross just has main event wrote all over him

I like Kross but that's him, Shayna and Asuka now all with that type of finisher.

You can throw Joe in too if you like.

That is how to build a monster.

However Vince will turn him and Mrs in to Lana and Rusev Mark 2 when he gets called up.

• Advertisement

Think its time for Ciampa too go to the main roster

Ciampa said he doesn't want to go to the main roster about 6 months ago.

Mauro stfu please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Women's match is easily match of the night!

Wasant expecting that

Another handful of weeks as champion for Charlotte and title number 12 is gone now on to winning title number 13 she could beat Ric by the end of the year at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Another handful of weeks as champion for Charlotte and title number 12 is gone now on to winning title number 13 she could beat Ric by the end of the year at this stage.

Shes back to raw now to make up for becky being gone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Enjoyed it for the most part and it was a bit of nostalgia with IYH but I'm sorry but Mauro needs to take some more time off. He drove me nuts last night. I'm all for announcers having emotion and getting into it but he's gone beyond that. He makes Matt striker look like JR. I like tom Phillips and Beth is fine when she gets a word in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ThePott wrote: »
    That was one of the better presented cinematic matches in my opinion. Liked the look of it.
    Don't know what you do with Cole at this stage aside from face Balor.

I think Keith Lee is the best option. Balor doesn't need a title. If they want to push Cole to the main roster at any point, Lee taking the title off him and then sending UE up is the best bet. Can have Kross come after Lee then for the title and have that build.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think Lee would make for a good champion but they need to free up the NA title then, I really don't want a double champ in NXT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ThePott wrote: »
    I think Lee would make for a good champion but they need to free up the NA title then, I really don't want a double champ in NXT

Ya, ideally they should have done that last night with Gargano. Could have Gargano and someone like Dunne/Dream fight for that (not sure who else would be in that picture). Move Lee to face Cole then.

I forgot about Lumis earlier too, as he's been positioned as a challenger too. Not a face though which is I what I think is needed to dethrone Cole and for Kross to set his sights on.

Could do Lumis for a few months, him to lose and Lee to lose the title, and then Lee move on to Cole. But delaying the inevitable Kross title reign, and delays the move of UE up to Raw/Smackdown which I think is needed.

Feels early for me for Balor to turn face again. Feel he needs a big tough loss to someone like Kross or WALTER for him to go back to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

god i love a ppv that goes under 3 hours

felt like no match really had that cold of shaved 10 mins off that like so many matches do now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Another home run ppv by wwe during these tough times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Surprisingly a good show, well paced.

Biggest winners of the night for me though; Code Orange.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ciampa said he doesn't want to go to the main roster about 6 months ago.

I was looking at him and thinking now might be a great time to bring up some people like him though.

There's always a worry when you bring top NXT guys up that the audience won't know or react to them all that well. But without a live crowd, they have so much more leeway to introduce people properly, and not have them worry about zero crowd reaction initially. Give them a proper chance to introduce the psychological side of characters.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show, but not as much as I usually do Takeovers.

Kross and Lee look like legit long term stars. Io is brilliant.

Cinematic match was fine but I've prefered others recently.

Todd Pettengill still got it they need to find a show for him on the Network looking back on the 90's.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was shocked Io won as i thought she was only in the match to take the pin/submission form Charlotte, Anyone notice the ref telling Io to wait to do her spot until they come back from the replay screen.

Really thought Cole was dropping the title to Dream

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Appearance from Eric Bugenhagen in the ads. Haven't seen him in a while, apart from being in the crowd. I know he hasn't been on much as it is, but wonder if Johnny Swinger on Impact affects him in any way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also i think they should have had made more sense for Io to hit the moonsault on Charlotte to get the win, then you can have a rivalry between Io/Rhea and Io saying at least she can beat Charlotte etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really liked Todd last night, he did not feel shoehorned in like they usual do with names from the past.

Advertisement