Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

ricero wrote: »
    Another home run ppv by wwe during these tough times.

Oh ye, give me more of that good stuff.

Star of the show last night was Beth Phoenix. How she didn't lose her s*** with Mauro I don't know. Deserves her HOF spot purely on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Those three way commentary teams don't work when you have a lead play by play calling all the action and then trying to pass it over to another play by play and colour commentator when the action is non stop and so fast paced these days while also trying to get everything the behind the scenes producer wants the three of them to say as well.

What was the point of Tom or Byron as the third person really?

Beth is there for the colour then you have a producer in Mauro's ear saying ask Beth no ask Tom no ask Byron no call the action no promo the next match.

Saying that Mauro and Excalibur on AEW would be better off calling like Joey Styles did back in the day on there own.

Just like two and half hour ppv's less is more when it comes to commentary/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked how they adapted the John Cena Sucks theme for Gargano Sucks.

I've noticed it a number of times now but when did they stop checking to see if the person is out by letting their hand drop 3 times? Like the ref just tapped Ciampa then checked the arm once.
    Would always remember letting the arm drop twice then the third time they would come back.
    Angle checked the arm 3 times in the pit last week, though he did pretty much lift and throw Riddle's arm down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

mauro is worse than peak vince produced michael cole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

LOL at Ortons NXT 'leg slap' tweet, he's bang on the money too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LOL at Ortons NXT 'leg slap' tweet, he's bang on the money too.

Randy went to headlock school

https://twitter.com/HauntedFletcher/status/1270070250613211138?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

I might be in the minority but I really like Mauro's commentary.
    He's got a passion and knowledge that others don't really bring to commentary. He works well as a play by play. Sure sometimes he reaches a bit with his pop culture references but I find that entertaining most of the time. He has the odd cringe line but I'd rather someone who feels invested in the story and the match than some of the other commentators who it feels are snoozing through it.

I like Mauro but I do agree he needs to tone it down. I skip through all the shows so don't listen closely to commentary, but it seems to work better on Raw than NXT. Everyone seems to get a chance to talk on Raw but with Mauro he seems to take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

sky88 wrote: »
    mauro is worse than peak vince produced michael cole

Mauro is worse than Vince commentating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looks like Kross is being catipulted to the heavyweight title so that leads to interesting er.....crossroads for Cole's WWE career.

That mixed tag was entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Looks like Kross is being catipulted to the heavyweight title so that leads to interesting er.....crossroads for Cole's WWE career.

That mixed tag was entertaining.

Ya, felt early for that when you had Lee there too, and Lee was saying he wanted a shot. You'd imagine if Kross is going straight for it, he's winning and taking the title at the Takeover at Summerslam. Cole moves up then I'd assume, and maybe Finn beats Lee at Summerslam and you've a Lee vs Kross match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Robert Stone's gimmick being a coked-up mess? I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ciampa to cost Kross the title ?

Hope they don't call Lumis up too early. He could be lost in the shuffle on the main roster and be used as a comedy act

UE debuting on the main roster the night the crowds return would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I found it strange that they avoided saying who was Fandango opponent in his first WrestleMania, but it is same person that appeared in Last Ride documentary series recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Nice build to the 4 way. It is great to have two enjoyable wrestling shows a week on TV it is a pity that they are head to head thought on US TV for the rest of the world is it is fine as we rarely watch US TV live anyway.

With all the guys in the fans, you'd think someone would help Drake.

Not a fan of having a double champion on NXT. Defeats the purpose of having the 2 titles. Maybe there'll be shenanigans to prevent it.

I think the next women's tag champs should be NXT but not sure who it would be.

Surprised to see Io come out

"Thank you, Mr Limitless. That's the most action I've had all year."

Keith Lee is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Thank you, Mr Limitless. That's the most action I've had all year."

Keith Lee is brilliant.

Keith lee is money. Hopefully he gets the win in the winner take all match and triple h and the nxt Brain trust book him right because he can be a huge star.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is no way they can fcuk up Kross is there?

• Advertisement

Had to laugh at Strong trying to escape over the barrier and hitting the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Priest suddenly a face now

Kross could be a massive star but needs to be booked right

is Dexter Lumis destined to be a comic relief type if he gets called up (ooh look its a scary guy who stares at people)

Very good main event, Keith Lee could be a great double champion

Probably the biggest win in ratings they’ve had

https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1276245263800324097?s=21

It's all Robert Stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Disappointed with the 3 way main event.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's all Robert Stone.

Chelsea dumped him yet he's had more tv time since than she's had.

Sasha vs io on Wednesday could be an amazing match

https://twitter.com/sashabankswwe/status/1276963079234912257?s=21

NXT is doing the Great American Bash?

Io has to win unless there are shenanigans, which could be possible if they wan Sasha to look good for the Raw title match

I just realised when posting in the AEW thread last night that NXT are doing the Greatest American Bash in response to Fyter Fest. Its even over 2 nights. At least I think Fyter Fest was announced first.

But I thought it was a decent show. Ripley's match was a bit of a mess though.
    I thought the rules for a strap match involved touching 4 corners.

• Advertisement

"Slap the NXT logo over the old one. Be grand."

Eb4QvMZWsAAbf5s?format=jpg&name=large

Advertisement