Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Barrett made me think how many members of Nexus are still in WWE. Daniel Bryan and Husky Harris are the last 2.
    Though is Otunga still around somewhere?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So Kross basically did a Balor on it separating his shoulder the night he wins the title and then has to give it up on the following WWE episode.

Unlucky.

I'd wonder if he'll be back on NXT tbh.

He looked ready made for the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not to get too Vince about things but those 4 are what, 5'9 and under? And it's all the same faces.

I was hoping they were gonna pull a big swerve and have Barrett take one of them out and insert himself in the match. He's been added to the superstars page so I'm still holding out hope on that.

Is Barrett still active in ring wrestling or in ring retired? Him against Finn or Cole or even Ciampa would be good

I think a Nxt rumble battle royal would be good too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd wonder if he'll be back on NXT tbh.

He looked ready made for the main roster.

Yea id say when he returns it will be on the main roster.

I think they should put the title on Balor since he is more of a tweener as it looks like Ciampa is heel along with Cole/Garganno.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,471 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oh god Ciampa and Gargano in the same ring together again

NXT title could be cursed, how many injuries has happened to people who held it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Barrett still active in ring wrestling or in ring retired?

Commentary for now. Just a quickie look-back, King Barrett left WWE in 2016 and has been doing a couple of acting gigs - notably Eliminators (directed by James Nunn, who did Marine 6 - producer told me Barrett's v professional, showed a lot of promise, got a larger part that way) and 2 "I Am Vengeance" action films; the lastter with Vinnie Jones, i heard it was emotional :P

Wrestling-wise he's popped up all over - WhatCulture/Defiant Wrestling in 2016, one showing in Lucha Underground; doing commentary work for World of Sports relaunch (2018), NWA Powerrr (2019-20) and now back in NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Oh god Ciampa and Gargano in the same ring together again

NXT title could be cursed, how many injuries has happened to people who held it

2 out of 20, not exactly a curse now is it....

hynesie08 wrote: »
    2 out of 20, not exactly a curse now is it....

always thought it was more for some reason, prob mixing up with other titles

always thought it was more for some reason, prob mixing up with other titles

Ciampa and kross, that's it.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Ciampa and kross, that's it.

didn't Drew get injured too against Andrade ?

• Advertisement

didn't Drew get injured too against Andrade ?
    Not sure, he didn't have to give up the belt anyway (cause he lost)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NXT have an issue. All those lads in the championship match need to be on the main roster. They need some new blood but no one is ready yet.

Walter maybe but hes not around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    NXT have an issue. All those lads in the championship match need to be on the main roster. They need some new blood but no one is ready yet.

Walter maybe but hes not around
    Heel Ciampa and a face Balor might get them through a year while feeling fresh, but Johnny and Cole really need to get out of there.

Velveteen Dream is done IMO as a potential star so I don't care what they do with him.

Heel Ciampa and a face Balor might get them through a year while feeling fresh, but Johnny and Cole really need to get out of there.

Velveteen Dream is done IMO as a potential star so I don't care what they do with him.

Ah they all need new challenges. Id root for Balor. Have him take the title and have Walter squash him when he returns.

Walter could easily fit where Kross was positioned.

No one else is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Barrett made me think how many members of Nexus are still in WWE. Daniel Bryan and Husky Harris are the last 2.
    Though is Otunga still around somewhere?

TBF looking back to Series 1, so many of them had a decent run.

Barrett is legit one of the biggest dropped balls by WWE IMHO. Original Nexus was some stellar booking and Barrett was flawless throughout. He needed to beat Cena to garner true main event class.

wished they kept Finn heel longer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

sky88 wrote: »

Thats a pity
    Really like Mauro and hope he is well

raven136 wrote: »
    Thats a pity
    Really like Mauro and hope he is well

I hope he’s well as we all know his troubles and he’s just moving on

But I think he’s been really bad announcer who doesn’t let others contribute and I think this instantly improves NXT

sky88 wrote: »
    I hope he’s well as we all know his troubles and he’s just moving on

But I think he’s been really bad announcer who doesn’t let others contribute and I think this instantly improves NXT

Hes no bland guy, he has personality unlike Tom Phillips and Byrom Saxton.

But I wont miss his OTT calls and show horned pop culture references.

'Hes taking a beating and wont quit...... just like Phil Hogan refused to quit the EU'

• Advertisement

Hes no bland guy, he has personality unlike Tom Phillips and Byrom Saxton.

But I wont miss his OTT calls and show horned pop culture references.

'Hes taking a beating and wont quit...... just like Phil Hogan refused to quit the EU'

id rather the bland guys then his OTT nature and forced references which would often take away from what was happening in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Love Mauro's passion for the sport compared to all the other drones Vince uses and I will miss him.

Love Mauro's passion for the sport compared to all the other drones Vince uses and I will miss him.

Same. While he is not my cup of tea, Id rather him over anyone of Vinces recent drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ThePott

I really like Mauro as a commentator.
    He actually has a personality and good knowledge, he's OTT but he's actually invested in the product even when no one else is. The pop cultural references are shoehorned for sure but that's part of the fun, it's almost a running joke.

I'll take it over whatever awkard buzzwords and hashtags they shove in on a weekly basis.
    I'll miss Mauro, he was one of my faves, I actually took note when he commentated where as half the time now my brain tunes out the commentary because it's so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wade is grand and all but Mauro, even if he isn't at his best for last year or two, and McGuinness are some losses.

Just gets worse for NXT.

Wades got potential. Wade with Mauro could have worked.

Beth is dire, as was Percy Watson. Why did Nigel leave, he was excellent.

Nigel was furloughed by them.

Nigel was furloughed by them.

I missed that.

Why not bring him back instead of Barrett?

Ive no problem with Barrett, but Nigel was very good. Insightful, knowledgeable and easy to listen to.

I missed that.

Why not bring him back instead of Barrett?

Ive no problem with Barrett, but Nigel was very good. Insightful, knowledgeable and easy to listen to.

No idea why.

They also just signed a dozen or so Evolve wrestlers after buying them out and have yet to bring back any of the trainers they Furloughed.

• Advertisement

No idea why.

They also just signed a dozen or so Evolve wrestlers after buying them out and have yet to bring back any of the trainers they Furloughed.

Id say they signed them for next to nothing too.

Advertisement