Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That chair bump from grimes was ****ing beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 38,475 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That's Kross on his way back

Damien Priest has so much potential but it's so hard to see him being successful on the main roster and could be another Baron Corbin type

Leon Ruff was going to call him Lio Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Leon Ruff is literally the TNA equivalent name for Lio Rush.

Gargano another NA title run for him thanks to Retribution no the army of Ghost faces

• Advertisement

Its Austin Theory

Nice verbal Attitude era throwback from him

Pete Dunnes look is ridiculously silly, like WTH ?

this is great

UE with the win

I wonder what will become of Pat McAfee's gang now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Io and the trashcan was probably the best spot I've seen all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hate seeing people using the ropes for a move. Like jumping from one rope to another before performing a moonsault or whatever. Not because it doesn't look good but because I've seen it go wrong and lead to awkward landings. Same with Priest stepping on the middle rope to flip to the outside. One mistake and he gets caught up in the rope tearing something in his leg.
    I know they've done them loads of times but I keep expecting it to go wrong.

Anyway, thought it was a really good PPV.
    Liked the trashcan spot. Though the next time she was inside one, it seemed they wouldn't be able to get it off her.

Was sure Ruff would keep the title. Not sure where they were going with all the ghost faces. Like nothing will probably come of it apart from Theory, while the others will just disappear, just like all the other Retribution members.

Thought Grimes' strap would be fixed in some way to work to his advantage but was no different than the other strap.

Vic not being up on his cricketing goes for Casey Jones reference. I'm sure a lot more would've got that reference than a cricket reference anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,029 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched some of this live last night and btw another example of pat Mcaffee getting pro wrestling, he’s doing his show today wearing a neck brace. I love that kind of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Really enjoyed that, up there with PPV pf the year in my opinion.

Womans War Games was great and trash can spot was brilliant.

Tatcher v Ciampa excellent, from working the neck to Ciampas comeback.

Strap match was another enjoyable brawl with a very inventive finish

Triple Threat was probably the weakest affair. Ruff heading off for 10 minutes then the cheap ghost face intrusion.

Ue v Mcafee and the boys was another brutal affair, loved it.

Probably the most enjoyable ppv i have seen thsi year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought Grimes' strap would be fixed in some way to work to his advantage but was no different than the other strap.

By Grimes bringing the strap he could garuntee that he would get the jump on Lumis early on. Thats what i gathered from it.

I think Shotzi's new gear looked better on her.
    Bobby fish looked to have put on weight or something.

In the pre preshow interview with HHH, he was saying Leon just got engaged so checked to see if she was in NXT as well. Turns out she's one of the ref, Aja Smith.

Speaking of the preshow, they had some of the superstars and announcers try to mimic Regal's "War Games"
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1335267771291152390

Thought Priest was bald in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

So here's a few ice cold takes days after the show happened.

Opener was very good. Ripley using a sledgehammer in a transitional spot is ridiculous. Clunky in spots, at times contrived but worked hard. ****, the layout and result should tell you about the current pecking order of the Women’s division.

Ciampa/Thatcher just a match, a match you’ve probably already forgotten about. It’s 2020 Ciampa, he’s very much in Just a Guy territory, bumped up the rating for accidental blood. To be fair after Thatcher’s ear started bleeding it did liven up a bit but a match based around Ciampa’s neck was never destined to be very exciting. ***1/4

Lumis/Grimes Wyatt style main roster cringe wrestlecrap feud that has become far too familiar to NXT in 2020. At least this was a match, not something else. “Grimes will have to look into the eyes of Lumis” apparently the Lumis gimmick is that he’s the basilisk from The Chamber of Secrets? Grimes tried to work, he shouted, ran, pulled funny faces, but working with Lumis must be the wrestling equivalent of working with a steel monolith. I swear you could tell me this went 35+ minutes and I’d believe you. **1/4

Fluke champions always get over right? Guaranteed star making stuff. It’s funny cos he’s small and Priest is big. You can give that stuff a pass in a preliminary feud, but not a featured title match involving a guy, in Ruff, who you’d think has the talent in the future to be a player for their company. You’ll get people telling you Ruff is a bigger star because he’s in there with established guys or because he’s had a title reign but this presentation never ever leads to making money drawing stars. This had all the hallmarks of a Gargano Takeover match: contrived melodrama? Check. NXT silliness? Check (ghostfaces galore). The match going at least 5 minutes too long? Check. Throw Austin Theory into the mix and you’ve got some proper “go away” heat. ***

I had no idea Undisputed Era are faces so that’s something. I can do without that UE stand off spot every year. I’m torn on the match. On one hand I can see that everybody worked hard, I like how they present Pat McAfee (and he’s so much better at this than he has any right to be) but I don’t think there’s a WWE style match that lasts as long as that (50 minutes?) that I could enjoy and not be bored through large sections of. A bit too similar to with the amount of weapon spots to the women’s War Game match, and again a few too many contrived spots to ever get into the feeling that this was a fight. A good main event, not a great main event. ***1/2.

It lagged in the middle, but the two Wargame bookends were largely enjoyable. Honestly even though I've been active on social media, I avoided the results of this show which probably says something about the lack of buzz around it. The only clip I saw was of Danny Burch's funny run.

Finn back tonight, prob set up a match with him vs Kross for the Nxt title.

Big Marc Mero/Sable vibes from Kross/Scarlett.

She's the one people pay attention to, for obvious reasons.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Big Marc Mero/Sable vibes from Kross/Scarlett.

She's the one people pay attention to, for obvious reasons.

The new Rusev and Lana ha

Kross does have the look of a main eventer

NXT writer's room:
    "Okay we need a name for this new group. Any suggestions? What does this look like to you?"
    "This is The Way"
    "Okay I like it but I told you before, Mando, you don't work here!"

Didn't realise Bobby was injured and he still did the backstage interviews and all. Explains why he didn't join the others doing the sign.

Are we looking at 2 separate matches for number 1 contender? Priest/Kross and Dunne/O'Reilly with the winners facing off?

Curious where the whole Xia/Boa thing is going. She'll probably come back and lose right away.

• Advertisement

Shame Priest can't donate some of his charisma, and height, to the rest of the NXT main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shame Priest can't donate some of his charisma, and height, to the rest of the NXT main event.

Priest will be the next premature call up.

Priest will be the next premature call up.

He has a bit of a Corbin type guy and hard to see him been a big star on the main roster

The feck are those segments with the Japanese wrestlers.

So will we get a fatal 4 way for the Nxt at the new years evil (stupid name btw) Finn vs Kross vs Dune vs Kyle o reily ?

Priest v Dunne v Kross v O'reilly for No 1 contender spot is what I thought they'll do first.....or break them into a mini tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT India to launch next year.

Get the **** out of it.

I wonder will we see Jinder Mahal go there for a few months

First NXT India Takeover will be legends Khali vs Mahal, even though Mahal is Canadian

CastorTroy wrote: »
    First NXT India Takeover will be legends Khali vs Mahal, even though Mahal is Canadian

Yes but according to his Wiki his name is Yuvraj Singh Dhesi and he speaks Punjabi and Hindi so he has some Indian heritage.

It isn't an Akeem The African Dream situation!

• Advertisement

I said before about Rhea acting like Pete Dunne but was thinking on this week's NXT that she's starting to sound like him as well.

Advertisement