Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So TM61 are now known as The Mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ciampa vs Alaister Black oh yes ill take that but can see Gargano costing him the title. I try and watch week to week so avoiding spoilers

Anyone else find War Raiders and heavy machinery similar ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Johnny trys to cost ciampa but ends up costing black and we get a triple threat at a takeover

sky88 wrote: »
    Johnny trys to cost ciampa but ends up costing black and we get a triple threat at a takeover

100 times yes for that match

How come War games in Nov is the Friday night instead of the Sat before survivor series ??

• Advertisement

It's Saturday Nov 17th. Maybe you misheard them saying tickets go on sale this Friday.
    https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-takeover-wargames-tickets?sf193788492=1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New NXT class...

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/keith-lee-io-shirai-wwe-performance-center-class-july-2018

Read Keith Lee is supposed to be great. Only know Io Shirai from hype on Reddit but from this gif, she looks like a class high-flyer. The moonsault Coup de Grace is amazing...

https://i.imgur.com/4JU16df.gifv

Think I've seen Deonna in WWE more often than some of the already signed women.
    Still don't like the line "was inspired to become a sports-entertainer". I'm sure she was inspired to become a Professional Wrestler.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's Saturday Nov 17th. Maybe you misheard them saying tickets go on sale this Friday.
    https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-takeover-wargames-tickets?sf193788492=1

Yeah my bad for some reason I was mixing up dates with Summerslam weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mod: Spoilers are for the TV Tapings last night and thus will not air for a few weeks.
    Tommaso Ciampa defeated Aleister Black to win the NXT Championship at tonight's NXT taping at Full Sail Live in Orlando, Fla.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lith, I just expanded the spoiler warning there in your post, just to be fair, in case people don't want to see it.

Now, my response:
    YIKES!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lith, I just expanded the spoiler warning there in your post, just to be fair, in case people don't want to see it.

Now, my response:
    YIKES!

Fair enough, I just posted that off the phone, don't know how people can post from their phones..

As to your reaction to the spoiler
    YIKES indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fair play for using spoiler tags fellas.

Have to say, the women's division in NXT is great. Clearly defined characters and good grapplers. Girl next door Candice LeRae, psycho Nikki , Kairi Sane's stuff shouldn't work but it bloody does. Then you've the badass MMA champion in Shayna with her meek but likable rival Dakota Kai and others like the very believable Southern Belle Lady in Lacey Evans and up and coming sultry Vanessa Borne. Ultimate athlete and sass queen Bianca Belair is pick of the bunch for me, sorry to hear she was injured.

regards the big news
    Holy **** balls, what a year Ciampia is having and now to have the Title is amazing. I wonder will we see Gargano get involved and we get triple threat at Summerslam Takeover ???.

What date will this episode air ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Omackeral wrote: »
    Have to say, the women's division in NXT is great. Clearly defined characters and good grapplers. Girl next door Candice LeRae, psycho Nikki , Kairi Sane's stuff shouldn't work but it bloody does. Then you've the badass MMA champion in Shayna with her meek but likable rival Dakota Kai and others like the very believable Southern Belle Lady in Lacey Evans and up and coming sultry Vanessa Borne. Ultimate athlete and sass queen Bianca Belair is pick of the bunch for me, sorry to hear she was injured.

I never really watch the TV shows but something I really love about NXT is its so incredibly easy to drop in and out for the reason you said. Not just the women but the men too.

Its why I struggle sometimes with TNA or the likes of NJPW. NXT has a brilliant ability to let you dip in and out as nessecary, and be caught up super quickly/.

Trying not to read those spoilers so hopefully it happens on screen soon. I guess has to happen before Takeover next month anyway.

Have to ask, how many here watch the weekly shows? Just always so quiet in this thread.

Anyway for this week, decent feature on War Raiders, including footage of them with IWGP and ROH titles.

Twice, at least, it cut to a fan in the crowd wearing a Kenny Omega tshirt. Let the conspiracy theories start. :)

I'll spoiler results
    Maybe finally giving Ohno a push? With a heel turn?

I like the Undisputed Era bits. I know they're clearly inspired by previous factions, but they work.

Candice seemed the least over of the 3 women.

Black vs Ciampa next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm in the middle of a 3 months of the Network for €0.99 offer and I love NXT. I guess the very fact that it's just the one hour per week means that stories have a chance to breathe. In a given week, 3 or 4 storylines are advanced via a match, another one via a tweet, and another few via a backstage segment. It's easy to follow, logical and doesn't take a tonne of your time. And of course, no Roman being rammed down our throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Haven't read the spoilers cause want to see it play out. Gonna be in Brooklyn for Takeover so trying to have a stab at what the card might be. Would be interested in thoughts without spoilers of some of the other matches. So normally there's 5 and it's kinda shaping up where you can have a decent guess.

1) Main title match - Gargano/Black/Ciampa. Not sure who'll be champ after next week, could see Gargano getting involved and either costing Ciampa his shot or messing up and resulting in Black losing the title. 3 - way could work though. Nice symmetry too in Black's theme 'No man is ever truly good, no man is ever truly evil'. You have the good and evil of Ciampa/Gargano and Black in the middle. Probably won't be as clear cut as heel/face as before.

2) Women's Title - So it's Kairi vs. Shayna. Could see Kairi winning here and Shayna moving up, maybe work towards that 4 horsewomen match for Survivor Series with Shayna and Ronda.

3) US Title - Ricochet called out Adam Cole, so guessing that's a lock.

4) Tag Titles - War Raiders got hyped up this week but it was just a package so I reckon they're holding off for War Games and trying to build them up, would be way too early to pull the trigger. Not a great established tag team right now IMO. Unless they do a Number 1 contender thing in the next two weeks. Moustache Mountain might get their rematch and maybe Fish will interfere (he should be nearly healed up) and then we get a BSS vs. TUE War Game match in November.

5) 5th Match - EC3 was left off the last card and don't think that will happen again. It was subtle this week but Velveteen copied EC3's pointing to screens in his promo so reckon that's the feud.

Lars is apparently not really injured but don't see where he could fit into any of these matches. Reckon Ohno, Candace, War Raiders will be put on the pre-show or filmed for the following week.

Thoughts?
    Without spoilers, am I close?

The four horsewomen thing is something I'm wondering about. Like they could have one of them debut by helping Shayna win. Or will the other 2 debut on the main roster somehow, skipping NXT? Doesn't seem right but having 3 on NXT and one on the main roster would be strange.

So Ronda is main roster. Shayna will be moved up soon enough, probably once she drops the belt.

The other two Jessamyn and Marina are signed to WWE on a developmental contract.
    Apparently WWE were hot on the Four Horsewomen thing last year, could go a few ways.

Maybe one of the other two 4 horsewomen could be in the Mae Young Classic while the other one could be put in NXT.
    You could have a shoot stable with Shayna with Jessamyn and Marina being enforcers, or even just pair them together and have them come in for back-up.

If they debut as a group or stable it'll be easier for them to hide their flaws anyway when booking a match. Might be nothing but I definitely think WWE will book it at some point down the road and Survivor Series makes the most sense, maybe it could be next year though.

• Advertisement

To lead on from what I was saying, the other two 4 horsewomen are going to debut at NXT house shows this week.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/marina-shafir-jessamyn-duke-make-nxt-ring-debut-week-262371

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Takeover Brooklyn is shaping up to be a cracking card.

Adam Cole v Ricochet
    EC3 v Velveteen Dream
    Kairi v Shayna
    Ciampa v Gargano and/or Aleister Black?
    Undisputed Era v War Raiders and/or Moustache Mountain?

I thought Black v Ciampa was very good. I really enjoy the NXT product - good matches, logical stories, character progression. It's pretty much the only WWE I consume at the minute.

Whoa!

I expected it and was still shocked. I'm guessing Black will ask for his rematch and he'll be put in a triple threat at Brooklyn with Gargano.

I can't stop comparing this feud to The Dark Knight. You have the obvious Joker and Batman in this feud with Black now taking on the role of Harvey Dent. We're now at the darkest possible part of the feud, 'The night is darkest just before the dawn' part. Great storytelling and an amazing match.

Maybe I was wrong about War Raiders not going for the gold at Brooklyn, could be a 3-way tag match, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I thought Black v Ciampa was very good. I really enjoy the NXT product - good matches, logical stories, character progression. It's pretty much the only WWE I consume at the minute.

I've started that myself and it's so much better. Just read the other results but NXT genuinely excites me. Giving up on the rest has freed up me tlme also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've started that myself and it's so much better. Just read the other results but NXT genuinely excites me. Giving up on the rest has freed up me tlme also

The hour long shows help a lot with this makes it an easier watch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Keep telling myself I should get rid of the Network but NXT is mostly the reason I don't, The Weekly show & Takeovers are worth the monthly fee alone even if I admit I only catch about half of the weekly shows, Made damn sure to catch this weeks though. Everything just seems that little bit better. The ref bump for example was probably one of the best done i've seen, on the main roster he would have been down for twice as long without even having the mat removed from the ringside area.

The idea of call ups in NXT gets odder and odder. Long term of course I want these guys (and girls) on the main roster but I dunno if someone like Ciampa could ever get booked as well as he has been. #1 Heel in the business atm

Had the ending spoiled on me. But still cool to see. The confidence they have in Ciampa (or Ciarnpa as his screen says) to get such a negative reaction from the crowd that they don't even give him music shows a lot. It's like if Roman entered without music. :)
    I think the only reason there was a big cheer when he got the pin was simply because they got to see a title change which usually only happens on PPVs. The cheers quickly turned to boos.

Another one proving themselves as a great heel is Shayna. She's just so cocky. I've said a couple times before that I wasn't too sure about her and thought she only got to the Mae Young final because of who she is and who she's friends with. But that changed.
    As for the contract signing, did someone say Regal was ill? He didn't look great.

I do always laugh at how champions act like they decide who they'll fight like Cole with Ricochet. the Undisputed Era's entrance reminds me of now. And as I said before with their backstage promos they clearly had their influence.

Who's your guesses at the post Summerslam Main roster call ups ???

Possibly Black. And then they'll need to start expanding the women's roster but don't know who.

• Advertisement

Hard to call not sure how many call-ups they'll do. They've barely utilised much of their post-Mania call-ups.

I reckon Nicky will officially debut post Summerslam, that's an obvious one.

I could see Shayna possibly moving up and maybe Black. Outside chance of Velveteen maybe. Not sure how many call ups if any we'll get though.

Can anyone refresh my memory to who's been called up post-Summerslam in the past?

Advertisement