Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I love Balor and Dunne, both are awesome in the ring.... but they cant cut a promo. Pete Dunne is so wooden.

And he needs to lay off the fake tan.

Finn and Pete looked star struck as Edge spoke.

But a very solid episode of NXT from an in ring POV. Loved the opener. Loved the UE v Ciampa Thatcher match. Both decent tv bouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone find an answer to why Kross is going for the cruiserweight title ? Is he just going around intimidating every NXT champion .

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone find an answer to why Kross is going for the cruiserweight title ? Is he just going around intimidating every NXT champion .

Hes not challenging for the title....hes just gunna beat your man up for talking about him. Its a filler feud until balor v dunne is done and kross can challenge finn at mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't you just hate it when Scarlett is waiting for you in your office? Mainly because I wonder how she got into my house.

Didn't realise Takeover was this weekend.

And the women's Dusty Cup winners get a future tag title shot. Don't think it said the same for the men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didn't Edge or Finn say previously they'd love to work a match

• Advertisement

NXT is spinning its wheels lately, solid action but mostly hollow in terms of making you invest.

But man, I cant get enough of Cameron Grimes. He just entertains me to no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That whole gamestop thing is strange. Unless he did make money from it it just seems random.
    Maybe going for Beverly Hillbillies type gimmick?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That whole gamestop thing is strange. Unless he did make money from it it just seems random.
    Maybe going for Beverly Hillbillies type gimmick?

Its a hillbilly becomes the Million Dollar Man gimmick. Fish out of water mid card comedy.

Gamestop stock money is just in the news so its a believable and relevant set up.

Jaime Noble had a similar gimmick and Grimes has similar comedic timing. Harmless yet entertaining.

At least Takeover is something to look forward to in this depressing lockdown

ps the NXT UK Dublin takeover event was announced at last year's February Takeover. So sad thinking back about it now, this event may never happen

At least Takeover is something to look forward to in this depressing lockdown

ps the NXT UK Dublin takeover event was announced at last year's February Takeover. So sad thinking back about it now, this event may never happen

This is the first Takeover in a while that I couldnt care less about.

Finn v Dunne will be solid, but Dunne isnt winning and the build has been poor. Neither have got me invested in this match despite how good it may be as a stand alone match. The promos in the build up to this match have been woeful. Both mens delivery is very over rehearsed and comes over like they are reading a memorized script (which may be the case). Their verbal interactions appear soulless, wooden and devoid of any believability. Whether thats down to the WWE creative process or down to the lads inability to perform verbally, or a mix of both, their promos have been so poor.

Gargano v Kushida is fine, but the build is uninspiring. Less shenanigans would have benefited it.

Couldnt care about the Dusty Tag finals. Neither team appeal to me much. Both are talented but Ive no reason to care if Im honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Gargano in a wheelchair for an injured arm and gesturing with it while speaking anyWay is my kind of shenanigans.

Where's Pat McAfee ? No mention of him for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Where's Pat McAfee ? No mention of him for a few weeks

There was talks of some backstage issues recently.. Haven't heard anything since.

Agree with the tag team situation. I've loved rascalz since impact but unless NXT are going to develop their tag division it's pointless. I even just had to google who were the current tag champions.

Have a feeling Pete Dunne is winning the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keep forgetting they've moved away from Saturday PPVs.

23.30- Pre show
    12-2.30- Main show

If I'm reading correctly no members of the UE have a match tonight

More than likely they will be out to help Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Been doing a bit of a speedrun of NXT this weekend to catch up for tonight. It's a really solid show at the moment imo.
    Tonight is the first Takeover without a member of the Undisputed Era since August 2017 which is mental. Tonight would be a really good night to build some new stars for the brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Raquel is how you do a monster in the women's division.

Not Nia.

She's been on a roll. Right decision too. Assuming they stay tag champs too we'll have a Raquel/Nia face-off. They'll probably feed her to Nia :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I know cornette divides opinion, but he's right about 90% of workers not knowing what a hot tag is. Shame as that could have been a really good match, instead of just very good.

J. Marston wrote: »

Not Nia.

Probably be feed to Nia

Raquel wouldn't take any ****e if Nia ****s up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Shouldn't kushida be coming out to the power of love by huey Lewis!

How many matches will end up using the ramp tonight? I think all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

Not Nia.

Yep. Raquel can move and has potential. Nia doesn’t. Johnny gargano is a great wrestler but Jesus is bland. I’ve heard him and candice talk on podcasts and they are great but it doesn’t translate to TV. It’s bland ****e.

I've gone through phases with Gargano. Liked him in his feud with Ciampa. Found him boring and aimless for a good bit after especially as Champ. Didn't like his stuff with Candace until recently, The Way has started to grow on me I'm annoyed to say. I do agree though, I think he's always been better as a performer than as a character. Especially as a face.

This is a great match

Excellent match, feel the wrong person won but I get it.

That was the closest thing to a best of the super juniors final we'll ever see in wwe. Cracker of a match.

Ramp count is 2/2 BTW.

• Advertisement

The Grizzled young Veterens are prerty similar to Burch and Lorcan, I suppose that's tag team wrestling

MSK are the complete token tag team too. The cool smileing guys

Advertisement