Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah wasn't the best decision. Seems to only have happened so a face team will be facing Candice and Indi.
    I did like when Raquel and Dakota were leaving as Io was entering, Dakota walked on while Raquel just stayed staring at Io.
    Was Taya there? Think when Ember and Shotzi were coming back I saw the back of her.

So Devlin coming next week to confront the Interim CW champion.

Another example of good framing with the cameras at the end. Though we knew who it would be, having Finn saying "What kept you", followed by the zoom out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

A few takes.

Io/Storm was good. I'm surprised they didn't save it for 1 of the 2 Takeaways given that this has been the best built Women's feud on the brand. But they really like Raquel Gonzalez. This never reached a gear you'd expect though. ***1/4

I preferred the Women's Tag match. Though giving Kai/Gonzalez the belts then losing them the same night made them look like dopes. ***1/2

I swear if you eliminated distraction finishes, half of WWE matches would require new finishes.

Cole/Balor was excellent. Balor is having such a great run as champion, the best he's looked since joining WWE. This was no different and I had this at ****, preferred his defence against O'Reilly but still really good stuff.

Show ending with Kross and Balor's reign probably ending with Kross too. That's the direction they wanted to go in before his injury, I don't see it with him, I never have, but whatever. It's a vehicle to get him to the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to be a lot of WWE Mania week but not complaining

Tag team wrestling is a bit meh to me and didnt care much for the new womens NXT tag team titles

NXT UK must be weak enough roster wise if there losing Jordan Devlin now. I blame the curse of NXT UK Dublin takeover :D

Enjoyed the main event and liked how they just had KOR's return just a beat down of Cole and going by the ending both will be out of the title picture. Excited for Finn vs Kross

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A few takes.

Io/Storm was good. I'm surprised they didn't save it for 1 of the 2 Takeaways given that this has been the best built Women's feud on the brand. But they really like Raquel Gonzalez. This never reached a gear you'd expect though. ***1/4

I preferred the Women's Tag match. Though giving Kai/Gonzalez the belts then losing them the same night made them look like dopes. ***1/2

I swear if you eliminated distraction finishes, half of WWE matches would require new finishes.

Cole/Balor was excellent. Balor is having such a great run as champion, the best he's looked since joining WWE. This was no different and I had this at ****, preferred his defence against O'Reilly but still really good stuff.

Show ending with Kross and Balor's reign probably ending with Kross too. That's the direction they wanted to go in before his injury, I don't see it with him, I never have, but whatever. It's a vehicle to get him to the main roster.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Why bother giving them the titles to have them lose.... just have both teams compete straight up.

Kross does very little for me. I like his entrance, but when the bell rings hes just another Tomko.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pretty much my thoughts.

Why bother giving them the titles to have them lose.... just have both teams compete straight up.

Kross does very little for me. I like his entrance, but when the bell rings hes just another Tomko.

They LOVE him though! If he hadn't gotten injured I'd bet both of my arms that he'd be getting the call up to the main roster post Wrestlemania. As it is, the injury has probably slowed that down a bit but I'd be shocked if we arrive at Wrestlemania next year with him still in NXT.

I don't see it. I don't see it in WWE. I didn't seen it on the indies. He's got a decent look (but, I don't think it's anything special) and a hot girl beside him (who WWE seem intent on making her pull the weirdest faces into the camera) and he throws a decent suplex but without the smoke and mirrors, anything over 10 minutes is a struggle for him.

• Advertisement

They LOVE him though! If he hadn't gotten injured I'd bet both of my arms that he'd be getting the call up to the main roster post Wrestlemania. As it is, the injury has probably slowed that down a bit but I'd be shocked if we arrive at Wrestlemania next year with him still in NXT.

I don't see it. I don't see it in WWE. I didn't seen it on the indies. He's got a decent look (but, I don't think it's anything special) and a hot girl beside him (who WWE seem intent on making her pull the weirdest faces into the camera) and he throws a decent suplex but without the smoke and mirrors, anything over 10 minutes is a struggle for him.

I agree he has the look of someone who is ready made for the main roster, but sure I thought that about EC3 when he was resigned and look how he worked out. There is a huge disconnect with how talent is viewed in NXT compared to the main roster.

Guys like Elias, Otis, Many Rose.... all more successful on the main roster than in NXT.

Dexter Lumas looks way more suited to the main roster than NXT too.

I agree he has the look of someone who is ready made for the main roster, but sure I thought that about EC3 when he was resigned and look how he worked out. There is a huge disconnect with how talent is viewed in NXT compared to the main roster.

Guys like Elias, Otis, Many Rose.... all more successful on the main roster than in NXT.

Dexter Lumas looks way more suited to the main roster than NXT too.

Ye, you can usually tell when they're rushing a guy through NXT to get him to main roster and with Kross it's a lock. At the same time it's like, if they want him on the main roster so bad, why even bother having him go through NXT, just debut him on the main roster!

I swear the only place Dexter Lumis looks suited to is the inside of a bin.

Ye, you can usually tell when they're rushing a guy through NXT to get him to main roster and with Kross it's a lock. At the same time it's like, if they want him on the main roster so bad, why even bother having him go through NXT, just debut him on the main roster!

I swear the only place Dexter Lumis looks suited to is the inside of a bin.

Id say someone in NXT likes Kross enough to think he is valuable against AEW. While he may be ready made for the Main Roster, he may be kept on NXT to combat AEW.

Not that I believe he would be an effective weapon against AEW, at least not at the top of NXTs card.

Hes like a poor versions of Lance Archer.

Id say someone in NXT likes Kross enough to think he is valuable against AEW. While he may be ready made for the Main Roster, he may be kept on NXT to combat AEW.

Not that I believe he would be an effective weapon against AEW, at least not at the top of NXTs card.

Hes like a poor versions of Lance Archer.

Hahaha I think that "someone's" eyes probably light up everytime Kross walks into a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Hahaha I think that "someone's" eyes probably light up everytime Kross walks into a room.

I don't think it was Kross they were interested in at all

• Advertisement

NITRO95 wrote: »
    I don't think it was Kross they were interested in at all

How long before Vince splits them up.

Don't think Karrion and Scarlett were a team until NXT. Last I saw was Kross in Lucha Underground. Scarlett was in TNA/Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think the problem with Kross was summed up by the end of the show where, in response to Balor's well delivered line, he's saying Tik Tok with all the presence of a constipated turnip.

It's very much a smoke and mirrors job with him but you can absolutely see him, and Lumis, being treated like stars on the main roster for however long it lasts.

I actually don't have a particular problem with Lumis other than it's unfortunate that he has to get so much stick because of how he's being positioned. It's the same with LA Knight in that it's not their fault that they hold something that will appeal to the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Walter has the best entrance in wrestling. So simple but so ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Walter has the best entrance in wrestling. So simple but so ominous.

Exactly. There’s no bells and whistles because just by looking at him you get the point.

Wonder if he and Jordan shared a flight.

Looks like Danny Burch was injured in the tag match.
    Nice to see Scarlett can take a bump. Also just nice to see Scarlett. Everyone somehow maintained eye contact when talking to her.

Regal has to be one of the greatest GM's. Takes no crap and isn't afraid to get involved. It helps that he's actually involved in NXT as a whole and isn't just playing a role, so knows all the wrestlers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if he and Jordan shared a flight.

Looks like Danny Burch was injured in the tag match.
    Nice to see Scarlett can take a bump. Also just nice to see Scarlett. Everyone somehow maintained eye contact when talking to her.

Regal has to be one of the greatest GM's. Takes no crap and isn't afraid to get involved. It helps that he's actually involved in NXT as a whole and isn't just playing a role, so knows all the wrestlers

We just have to forget the crazy stuff Regal done like kiss Vince's ass live on television

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We just have to forget the crazy stuff Regal done like kiss Vince's ass live on television

It's been more than 2 weeks ago, it never happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Regal was criminally under-rated during his main roster stint imo. He spent months as Commissioner there as well let's not forget so would have a lot of experience in the GM role before NXT was even a thing.

He had it all, great in the ring, on the mic - a World Title run as a cowardly heel would have worked imo.

Gotta say I loved the showdown between Devlin and Escobar, looking forward to that match, presumably at TakeOver?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Gotta say I loved the showdown between Devlin and Escobar, looking forward to that match, presumably at TakeOver?

It is indeed. Should be a great match.

when Jordan arrived, Vic called him the self proclaimed real Cruiserweight Champion.
    Nothing self proclaimed about it. he won the title and never lost it or was stripped of it. Escobar's title was known as the interim title until they just decided to drop the "interim".
    So we'll see who they run with now.
    I think after him facing Kross, they may try to move Escobar away from the CW title.

Devlin on NXT and then Kross coming out fully as part of the Wuertz club really was a helluva week for the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,395 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've read the NXT Tag Team have been vacated because Burch suffered a separated shoulder

It looked really nasty on TV, is it Kross's fault?

NXT seems cursed with Injuries, hopefully a fast recovery for Burch, Pat McAfee's group is falling apart and prob done & dusted now

Tag team tournament now more likely with the final on one of the takeover nights

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adam Cole is like HBK mixed with Y2J :p intense good promo from him on O' Reilly, should be a decent match, WM worthy

Shawn not so subtly making the CW unification match a ladder match.
    And they've announced what night each match will be on.
    Main event on night 2 to be Cole/O'Reilly, did Regal say?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Shawn not so subtly making the CW unification match a ladder match.
    And they've announced what night each match will be on.
    Main event on night 2 to be Cole/O'Reilly, did Regal say?

Think it's night 1. Balor/Kross main eventing night 2

Necro wrote: »
    Think it's night 1. Balor/Kross main eventing night 2

Cole/O Reilly is night 2 according to WWE socials.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote:
    Cole/O Reilly is night 2 according to WWE socials.

Really, would have thought the main brand title would go on last but that's WWE for ya!

Advertisement