Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Really, would have thought the main brand title would go on last but that's WWE for ya!

Regal did call Cole/O’Reilly the co main event so Balor match might be night 2 as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is Takeover going to be over 2 nights?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is Takeover going to be over 2 nights?

Yep, one night on USA (or BT here) and the second night on Peacock (the Network for us)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zoey Stark seems to be getting decent exposure out of the 3 that debuted at the tag tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

LA knight losing in only his 2nd match but he made Bronson Reid look good

Looking forward to Finn vs Kross and Cole vs KOR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    LA knight losing in only his 2nd match but he made Bronson Reid look good

I'm iffy on it but he's the type of talent who will take it and turn it in his favour with a fantastic promo.

Still..... listen, Reed has been around for long enough and it hasn't happened for him yet. I don't get the point of the push.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I mean I think we all knew Knight had a ceiling that doesn't extend very far beyond NXT mid card dude but beating him in his 2nd match (and 1st proper match) is hilarious even by WWE standards. I swear, wrestling should not be this difficult.

I mean I think we all knew Knight had a ceiling that doesn't extend very far beyond NXT mid card dude but beating him in his 2nd match (and 1st proper match) is hilarious even by WWE standards. I swear, wrestling should not be this difficult.

Well I'd disagree there. If Miz can carve out the career he's had then Knight is well capable of following a similar tranjectory. The guy's too much of a good promo not to be on Raw or Smackdown eventually and we all know it's "presentation" that makes Vince sit back and take notice. Knight has that down in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well I'd disagree there. If Miz can carve out the career he's had then Knight is well capable of following a similar tranjectory. The guy's too much of a good promo not to be on Raw or Smackdown eventually and we all know it's "presentation" that makes Vince sit back and take notice. Knight has that down in spades.

But I dont see much in Reed, hes grand in ring but I see very little in him character wise yet to make me care.

I agree regarding Knight/Drake, I could listen to him speak all day, so Id welcome him in a decent upper mid card feud, but having him lose so early is doing him no favors.

Where has Velveteen Dream gone ?

• Advertisement

Where has Velveteen Dream gone ?

Hes doing a reboot of Jim'll Fix It:pac:

Nothing wrong with this week's show and the wrestlers did their job, but I'm not feeling it these days. Half the roster needs to be shifted onto the main roster so they can let NXT be what it's supposed to be again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't take O'Reilly and his early 2000's haircut seriously.

Adam Cole needs to go up to the main roster after Takeover

He had done all he can in NXT imo

No one wanted to touch Lumis.
    They really like portraying Theory as being thick. Feet not touching the ground. Great workaround. Or not.

Io really doesn't back down, does she? Was expecting when she came out at the end it would be to look for a stipulation.

Adam Cole needs to go up to the main roster after Takeover

He had done all he can in NXT imo

You could say that for about 7 of them at least.

Cole, Io, Gargano, Ciampa, Candice, Dakota and Dunne.

The card for the CW match didn't make Jordan look too good, in my opinion.

Tongue out. Eyes squinted

You could say that for about 7 of them at least.

Gargano, Ciampa, Candice.

DIY reunion where they run through Raw or SD but a few months down the line, one turns on the other restarting another mammoth feud but main roster style

DIY reunion where they run through Raw or SD but a few months down the line, one turns on the other restarting another mammoth feud but main roster style

I think they need to harden up and bite the bullet especially Ciampa. They're right to have concerns about the main roster but FFS they should be hungry for it all the same and have confidence in themselves at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think they need to harden up and bite the bullet especially Ciampa. They're right to have concerns about the main roster but FFS they should be hungry for it all the same and have confidence in themselves at this point.

Does Ciampa and Cole not want to move up?

• Advertisement

Think Aoife Valkyrie may be the only undefeated woman in NXT UK outside of Kay Lee Ray?

Takeover kicking off tonight with night 1

Card
    Leon Ruff vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott vs. Bronson Reed vs. Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis vs. LA Knight (Gauntlet match for a North American title shot on Night 2)

NXT Tag Team Championship: MSK vs. Grizzled Young Veterans vs. Legado del Fantasma

NXT United Kingdom Championship: WALTER (c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Women's Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Raquel Gonzalez

Some gems there

Takeover kicking off tonight with night 1

Card
    Leon Ruff vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott vs. Bronson Reed vs. Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis vs. LA Knight (Gauntlet match for a North American title shot on Night 2)

NXT Tag Team Championship: MSK vs. Grizzled Young Veterans vs. Legado del Fantasma

NXT United Kingdom Championship: WALTER (c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Women's Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Raquel Gonzalez

Some gems there

Solid card and no doubt will deliver, but the build has been lacking for me. NXT used to be fresh and a welcome change from WWEs main roster, but they've been scrambling since AEW has come on the scene and the product has suffered more and more in terms of how its presented with the soulless and sterile WWE presenation seeming being much more apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loved that Walter interview where he called wrestling a sport and said he’s a professional wrestler.

Maybe not used to seeing her smile, but looked like Raquel got teeth whitened.

Rare Shawn Michaels hatless appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe not used to seeing her smile, but looked like Raquel got teeth whitened.

Rare Shawn Michaels hatless appearance?

Probably a mania thing if she did. I don’t know if Io is main roster bound soon or if she wants to even go there, but Raquel can be a star.

Zoey Stark doing okay for herself, associated with the women's champ including arriving with her.
    Mickie on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Finn should be losing here and returning to the main roster I imagine ?

• Advertisement

I'm going out on a limb here and predict the Walter/Ciampa match will be hard hitting and may have some moves or slaps that make viewers wince. :)

Advertisement