Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What are the times tonight ?

Bloody app has white font and can't make it out ha

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What are the times tonight ?

Bloody app has white font and can't make it out ha

1am. Yeah I noticed it as well it’s grand when the background isn’t white but any thing kind of white it’s impossible to read.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    1am. Yeah I noticed it as well it’s grand when the background isn’t white but any thing kind of white it’s impossible to read.
    Cheers

Mental to think we should be heading to the 3Arena next Sunday for the NXT UK takeover. Ah well there will be events in Ireland sometime in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

12:30 preshow though they don't have matches on the preshows. Just interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did a bit of a speed-run to catch up before IYH. NXT definitely isn't as great as it used to be but there is some good stuff going on there.
    This is one of the strangest cards I've ever seen for a Takeover but Takeovers nearly always deliver so I'm still excited for it.

Have found Raquel to be a pretty boring champion overall, same with Kross. Some people definitely are overdue to get onto the main roster at this stage. I do wonder who's even left for Kross if he doesn't lose here. Hope that after this PPV, NXT can be shaken up a bit but we'll have to see.

• Advertisement

Hard to see a shock here

I'm confused from that xia Lee stuff

Reed feels like a funkasaurus like main roster gimmick

Sexy title tbf

What an odd but entertaining match

LA Knight the new million Dollar Champion

• Advertisement

Think LA Knight was the right choice. He seems to embody the role better while Cameron isn't exactly as classy.

Was thinking they're basically paying 3 people for Xia Li so either they have to start using the others or they really have faith in Xia, And then they start using the other 2.

Was wondering why it was taking so long after the main event for the show to end. Hope that's not the end of Regal. Maybe he'll just get an assistant GM. I'm sure they have someone that could take on the role.

The main event felt like a lot of covering for Kross. Seemed he would attack everyone, followed by them all ganging up on him to take him out for a few minutes.
    Good job everyone wasn't as weak as they were a couple weeks ago when Cole managed to take them all out.

Was wondering who could compete for the women's tag titles now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think LA Knight was the right choice. He seems to embody the role better while Cameron isn't exactly as classy.

Was thinking they're basically paying 3 people for Xia Li so either they have to start using the others or they really have faith in Xia, And then they start using the other 2.

Was wondering why it was taking so long after the main event for the show to end. Hope that's not the end of Regal. Maybe he'll just get an assistant GM. I'm sure they have someone that could take on the role.

The main event felt like a lot of covering for Kross. Seemed he would attack everyone, followed by them all ganging up on him to take him out for a few minutes.
    Good job everyone wasn't as weak as they were a couple weeks ago when Cole managed to take them all out.

Was wondering who could compete for the women's tag titles now?

With the rumours of Samoa Joe coming back to next could he be the new GM,push regal onto raw or smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cotts72 wrote: »
    With the rumours of Samoa Joe coming back to next could he be the new GM,push regal onto raw or smackdown

They have Pearce and Deville

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kross might be the most 7/10 wrestler ever. Just kinda decent across the board but won't go above that. He'll live and die by the reaction Scarlett gets for him on the main roster.

Joe as nxt GM could be great

Reckon a load of call ups will happen for the draft after summerslam and you could name who needs it most

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They have Pearce and Deville

It's WWE anything can change daily

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ThePott

Decent Takeover, probably one of the weaker ones imo.
    Hope it doesn't mean the end of Regal as much as having Joe as the GM would be sick, shame he seemingly won't be wrestling though.
    Just to track the trajectory of Joe, the final injury that was the nail in the coffin for him was filming a F'n commercial for WWE with a table bump. That is depressing. Especially cause if I remember the commercial just looked like it was totally green screened anyway.

At least it sounds like they might shake-up NXT a bit which is desperately needed, I do wonder who is even left for Kross at this stage though. Walter?

Regal was great as GM as he had the presence as well as mic skills. (Though don't think he ever learned how to say Umaga's name)
    Joe wouldn't take any sh!t either but how would he be in a position of power?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kross might be the most 7/10 wrestler ever. Just kinda decent across the board but won't go above that. He'll live and die by the reaction Scarlett gets for him on the main roster.

They need to move him up as soon as possible imo. He suits the main roster far more than NXT imo and you could probably just push him into a feud with someone like Sheamus or Drew for Summerslam and then go after Lashley or whoever the champion is after that.

I'm not even sure who can beat him in NXT. They're not going to put the title on Walter so either you bring someone down to NXT for a while or you just have Kross relinquish the belt going I've has enough of this and I'm moving up. The only guys you can put in a program with Kross that he hasnt beaten yet are Reed and Kushida imo.

titan18 wrote: »
    They need to move him up as soon as possible imo. He suits the main roster far more than NXT imo and you could probably just push him into a feud with someone like Sheamus or Drew for Summerslam and then go after Lashley or whoever the champion is after that.

I'm not even sure who can beat him in NXT. They're not going to put the title on Walter so either you bring someone down to NXT for a while or you just have Kross relinquish the belt going I've has enough of this and I'm moving up. The only guys you can put in a program with Kross that he hasnt beaten yet are Reed and Kushida imo.

Demon Finn Balor ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Demon Finn Balor ?

Possibly, but always got the impression Balor didn't have much interest in doing that again. Like the four others in the match of Gargano, Cole, O'Reilly and Dunne, I don't really see the threat any of them have for Kross even though they're all better wrestlers. Moving him on allows those guys to put on excellent matches with each other too for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

probably end up in a three way match and get belt of him that way

Joe is back and already has refreshed NXT

Think he's a Co GM with Regal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If LA Knight continues on this curve he'll be the best thing going in the company.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If LA Knight continues on this curve he'll be the best thing going in the company.

Yeah he's been booked really well. I was worried for him a while back when he was losing to Bronson Reed but it's all worked out quite well. Nice push and exposure for Cameron Grimes here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I get the feeling that Knight has studied The Rock. He has a lot of similar mannerisms, even his stomps look like The Rock's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I watched the Takeover and it was just the most "that's a show" show I've ever seen. The matches were mostly good, the effort of the wrestlers was always high but nothing that happens on this brand matters anymore, nothing feels significant, nothing feels like it resonates in the wider wrestling universe (the polar opposite of what Takeover's used to be) and it seems to exist in its own little bubble which can just be ignored. I dunno, this felt like, if not the worst, but the most insignificant Takeover ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I get the feeling that Knight has studied The Rock. He has a lot of similar mannerisms, even his stomps look like The Rock's.

The first time I've seen him as a clip from last nights show, and I'd actually agree. His mannerisms are very reminiscent of Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Once he doesn’t become a parody of the rock it’s fine, but yes I like him and there’s worse wrestlers to borrow from than the rock.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of Cole's new music. How are we meant to know when the "Boom" comes in?

Advertisement