Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, don't know what that was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What was what about ? Mandy rose ? The way this new layout of the forum, Ted and Dougal found their way out the cave easier.

Yeah, Mandy. Like they don't need her there. Then bringing her in, even though she has a role on Raw, while dropping a Toni Storm storyline/match with Sarray to move her to Raw seems strange.

Had to laugh at the translation for Ikemen's promo when he said "I'll still kick your arse" the subtitles said "I'll still kick your butt"

On another note, for anyone who was looking forward to Dragunov/Walter 2, next week, the rematch has been postponed due to a hand injury to Walter

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1415761188307226630

Yeah but the press conference to open NXT UK this week was great and is part of why I love it as a wrestling tv show. It’s so good.

It may be a legit injury, but does anyone know their taping schedule ? I’m wondering with the UK opening up more or less fully, could they waiting a few more weeks to do this rematch in front of a crowd ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Johnny Gargano and Candice Le Rae would be Raw or SD bound before Tegan Nox

Haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I see comments on that tweet saying the injury is a work to put the match off until they can have it in front of a live crowd

Well it’s not the most bizarre idea ever in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ThePott

Of all the episodee of NXT that was one of them.

If it wasn't for the Joe/Kross stuff I wouldn't have been invested at all. Loved the ending, is this the first time Regal has been attacked in NXT? Trying to think of another time, I'm sure it has happened though. Guessing this is going to lead to Joe/Kross at the next Takeover, the day after Summerslam.

Xia Li got absolutely pasted but is apparently alright. I still don't see the appeal of Raquel Gonzales and don't know who her next opponent is going to be. Looks like the Way might be breaking up or at least Austin Theory could be main roster bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

• Advertisement

That's what I've been saying all along, it just seems like they could do more to set that up. Instead of just having Raquel swatting other challengers. Feels like they could have put some animosity between them when they lost the Women's Tag Title contendership.

It was a Xia Li match where Xia is the one that got injured.

Dakota is showing signs of jealousy. Like someone coming out to challenge Raquel after a Dakota match. She seems to dislike being ignored

Samoa Joe has been cleared, will face Karrion Kross at WWE NXT Take Over

Samoa Joe wins title and Kross to raw permanently?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Vince is no longer counting NXT championships when announcing how many championships a wrestler had.

Charlotte flair is now referred to as a 11 time champion (5 Raw, 5 Smackdown, 1 Divas) completely dismissing her 2 NXT title runs.

also Kross losing on his debut was apparently a message sent to Nxt. Not sure what the message is… don’t work for this company or we will bury you?

Finn Balor is set to be fed to Reigns soon and he’s set to put over talent on Smackdown. Vince is apparently done with him in terms of star potential.

ive said it before and I’ll say it again. This megalomaniac needs to go. I love how HHHs and Co. all stand by and watch Vince ruin any NXT star they’ve spent ages building up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

While I'm still highly sceptical of it happening, could you blame Punk and Bryan for taking the plunge into AEW.

If they want back to WWE I could outline the trajectory that Vince will have carved for them. AEW on the other hand is a world of wonder right now that captures the fan's imagination.

I mean you can clearly see one man is a fan of the business and the other is embarrassed to be associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's a Mark Henry clone in the NXT breakout star competition. Oddessy Jones

Kross vs Joe will be great

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I didnt think they counted NXT runs myself. Regardless of what happens, its always been the third tier in Vince eyes and its always been clear he never knew what was happening down there.

Vince will always be the problem. Hes not who he used to be and as long as he is in control, things wont improve. HHH is not as powerful as people believe.

Kriss who is is known for having long, boring matches vs a past his prime Joe is not what I wanna watch personally.

Dragonov vs Walter.... thats the match I want. Glad its been moved

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This has become of those wrestling myths. She injured one person.

That Mercedes kick was her own fault.

Walter/Dragunov will now take place at Takeover in the US next month

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Seeing that NXT is being advertised as being on SyFy for the next 2 weeks reminds me of ECW's debut on SyFy and the Zombie

Joe back in ring active so Regal back solo boss

Safe to say we saw the Dakota attack coming. Though why didn't anyone else come out when they called for anyone to challenge Raquel?

The return of Ridge Holland. At least he looked at Oney as if he remembered he's the reason for being injured and didn't just ignore it.

Funny cause it’s true

😂

Yeah the Dakota turn was obviously coming but probably could have been executed better. Dakota doesn't really look a believable threat at all but could see her winning and Raquel moving up. Pretty heatless segment and feud ahead for this one I'd say though.

Joe is back, what a strange situation. Fired, then re-hired and sent to NXT. I guess Vince just didn't want him on Main Roster or didn't want him to wrestle anymore. God help me, I like the Cameron Grimes/La Knight stuff especially him beating up Knight and blaming it on the GYV. It's so campy and dumb but it's entertaining me at least.

Takeover 36 is shaping up nicely but wish they actually gave it a name, just a number makes it feel disposable. Would like if it wasn't in the CWC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I can see Dakota enlisting another big woman to make her beating Raquel easier to digest.

No doubt Dakota deserves it though. She's waited long enough, seeing many pass her by on NXT (some undeservedly) and then end up on the Main Roster just to add insult to injury.

Nxt just baffles me.. 2 or 3 yrs ago they dominated survivor series and were shown as a brand not developmental... Yet now its just shat on

I think Vince visited there recently. There was some report anyway. Guess he didn't like what he saw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ridge Holland must be on the Vitamins, great to see him back though. Should he not be pissed off at Oney Lorcan as he was half the reason why he got injured

Joe back in the ring oh yes

Advertisement