Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sounds like some fans didn't seem too impressed with the Cole/O'Reilly result or finish.

For a brand no one supposedly watches, Ilja seemed pretty over. Was expecting him to win. I won't say it was rushed finish but it did seem to end out of nowhere with Walter tapping right away.

Looked like Cameron took that top rope move on his face. Looked sore anyway.

Overall another good Takeover and no Gargano. Actually looking back at the card, apart from the 2/3 falls match the card was mostly newer guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

And also ethnic diversity as reported a while ago. There was this wwe Las Vegas try out video posted a couple of days ago to YouTube where triple h is giving jobs to people who did a two day try out. Few white women, few black women but for the guys it was mainly black guys with only one white guy.

Now of course it's 2021 things should be diverse but what about the future talent of Pro wrestling?

Say some 19 year old Irish or British kid wants to become a wrestler. So he goes to a local school - so by wwes current mandate he's got that indy stink on him. They won't be interested. Should he be white he's now got less chance? You could argue nxt uk could pick him up down the line if he's any use but is nxt uk going to be a thing in years to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Walter vs Dragunov was the best match i have seen since their 1st match, 2 great wrestlers and put on a pure classic match

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ThePott

Decent Takeover but something just felt off. Maybe it's the outside influence of all the NXT changes apparently looming.

I think a problem was the predictability of the whole thing as well, there wasn't one shock on the card, aside from KLR showing up at the end.

The Million Dollar title match was a fun opener. Thought the women's match was standard at best, still don't see the hype for Raquel if I'm honest. The UK match was a monster, absolutely savage. Glad Ilja won, might try dip into NXT UK a bit more since I'm hoping to take a break from Raw. They beat the hell out of each other. Surprised Walter tapped but loved the style of the match and viciousness of it.

Cole/KOR was a mixed bag. I'd be happy to never see them wrestle again if I'm honest. They just have that 'NXT indie' style that's grown a little stale. As for fans booing the ending. Not surprised, 'Cool' Kyle is incredibly lame and Adam Cole is incredibly over. The ending felt pretty sudden as well which didn't help. Hope Cole leaves to be honest, he'd be wasted on Raw and lost in the shuffle on Smackdown.

The main event was alright, Joe felt a little off. He lacked the viciousness that I love about his character and looked a bit rusty. I know they were telling the story that he'd been away a long time and was diving in the deep end but it still felt somewhat lacklustre. Although bringing back the muscle buster was cool. As happy as I am with the result. Wondering who his first challenger will be.

It wasn't a bad Takeover but just not an overly memorable one and if this is really the end of NXT as we know it, then it wasn't the strongest note to end on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Walter Dragunov match was immense. Their poor chests after that.

The Grimes match was alright too but I don't have much interest in the story. Everything else was meh, Gonzalez isn't that good in the ring, neither is Kross and maybe it was ring rust but Samoa Joe was not close to the performer he was, he was pretty meh. It's not an exciting future (even before we go into everything else) with Joe and Gonzales as the champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

InDex's wedding would be a great place for the return of...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is Barret not able to return to the ring or is he just booked as a commentator aka like Joe and can still wrestle

He could be a decent heel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Any chance of Walter coming to RAW soon and destroying the entire roster? Wasted down in NXT for so long imo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Walter has always said he’ll never move to the main roster as he doesn’t want to do long stints in the states.

• Advertisement

Shocking

NXT was the one brand that kept things rustic with one of those things been proper rock/metal theme songs not this rap poppy shite

• Registered Users Posts: 54,395 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sad to see the black and gold brand officially dead

Guess Poppy is going to be looking for a new gig.

Watching 205 Live, it does seem to be a Heat/Velocity/Superstars type show for NXT. They have a women's match next week which I think may be the first time. Cora Jade vs Amari Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ThePott

Caught up on this week's NXT. It was fine.

Of all of Joe's opponents I can't say any are that exciting, although I think a Pete Dunne feud would be pretty good. Kyle O'Reilly is such a dork and I don't know what they're going for here. Carmello Hayes winning was unexpected but was a pretty solid match. Thatcher and Ridge Holland was good too.

Really enjoyed the end of Ted Biase on NXT, he was a great addition to the brand and like that goodbye with the replica title. Hit Row and Legado Del Fantasma was solid, although the North American title being in this feud feels totally wasted, literally forgot Swerve had the belt. I like the women's tag match, think there's potential there. As a total throwaway I did get a laugh over Gargano and Regal arguing over Bananas.

NXT is in a really strange place right now, where we're all waiting for the thing to shed it's skin and become the 'new' NXT and I don't really know where I lie on that. It sort of feels like right now they're on autopilot. Normally the next PPV is Wargames but who even knows if that will still be the case and it's to early to call what that would look like in general. Right now though because of the sword of Damocles over the brand it's hard to get too excited.

Do you think anyone who has seen the new NXT coming soon ads on Raw and Smackdown has decided "Oh, I must start watching NXT" outside of curiosity?

What do they plan on doing? It's not like the viewing figures for the other shows are anything to write home about.

WWE NXT will be produced by Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

HHH in the bin!

• Advertisement

Vince should just retire

"Welcome to the colour puke brand!"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

WTF haha

• Registered Users Posts: 60,715 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

HHH to Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Maybe TK will throw him a bone, put the youth over on Dark!

• Advertisement

He can be Fuego's first singles victory

Advertisement