Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This week's episode
    So Candace has turned with Johnny?

Dakota Kai can get around quick, going from NXT UK to NXT US within an hour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Takeover war games is looking ok but nothing speical but expect to eat my words and it will be once again epic

The NXT title match seems rushed. Seems more like a Lars/Dream feud with Ciampa as a spare wheel. Like Ciampa/Gargano/Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

According to Meltzer "An update on Saturday's NXT Takeover show from Los Angeles. The show right now is scheduled for only four matches instead of the usual five because of the length of time all of the matches are expected to get, particularly the War Games match, plus they are doing a two of three fall women's title match with Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane. The Kassius Ohno vs. Matt Riddle match will still take place in Los Angeles, but it will be taped before Takeover starts and will air on the weekly TV show probably on 11/21 if not a later date. They are still taping one television show before Takeover even though they are also doing a television taping on 11/15 in San Jose."

So looks to be a 4 match card for Takeover.

Think the title match is the match I've least interest in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shayna/Kairi should be great again. Kairi is brilliant as the scrappy underdog and Shayna too as just a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Surprised at lack of posts regarding Takeover last night. Yet again, it delivers in buckets.

Gargano, Black, Ciampa, Dream are all made stars at this stage.

Its funny, I don't follow weekly TV anymore but the Takeover shows always keep me captivated and do my best to watch them live. Being on Saturday night also helps.

Its just miles ahead of the main roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Really liked seeing Shirai and Kai come down and even the odds. They looked great.... which just highlighted even more how green the two horse women are. One of them couldn't even throw Sane in the ring while othe other took the worst steps bump I've ever seen. They're a far way off being able to hold their own in any horse women V horse women feud.

Thought Dream was going to do it. Great match all the same. Have no idea what they're going to do with him now. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in NXT to continue the talented youngster who can't focus to get it done arc.... but also wouldn't be surprised if they move him up. I'd be edging towards moving him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'll watch all of it bar the wargames match. It's not out of a dislike for any of the guys in it, it's the way they have messed with the concept of the wargames match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I didn't enjoy the wargames match as much as most people online seemingly did. Thought it was overly long and seemed a bit disjointed.

Ciampa - Dream was fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

NDWC wrote: »
    I didn't enjoy the wargames match as much as most people online seemingly did. Thought it was overly long and seemed a bit disjointed.

Ciampa - Dream was fantastic

Yeah i think the whole concept was a bit mixed up. Maybe they should have started with 2 v 2 then have 1 member of each team come in at intervals afterwards to shorten it down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There should be an elimination element to it , because Undisputed Era had a great game plan and the end there advantage didn't really mean much because for all the beatdown they did on the other 3 Richochet was back up by the time Dunne started whacking people with the cane

For a 2 out of 3 falls match, the women's match seemed to be over pretty quick. Felt it was stupid that the ref saw the blatant outside interference but didn't throw the 2 out.
    But really enjoyed all the matches.
    Pete could've hurt himself because they used the corner steps to get into the ring. Fighting on the steps and he slipped down the gap.

Post show with Triple H

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

THis was the first NXT ppv I’ve watched (i know, I’m a disgrace) and I enjoyed... but it seems to have gotten a mixed reaction online (from what I saw anyway) mainly due to the “spot fest” of the war games match, endless near falls and Ranolos over the top commentary.. harsh criticism I thought, I enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

TimesArrow wrote: »
    THis was the first NXT ppv I’ve watched (i know, I’m a disgrace) and I enjoyed... but it seems to have gotten a mixed reaction online (from what I saw anyway) mainly due to the “spot fest” of the war games match, endless near falls and Ranolos over the top commentary.. harsh criticism I thought, I enjoyed it a lot.

I thought it was a very good show but the weakest takeover of 2018. The others were all stellar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

There should be an elimination element to it , because Undisputed Era had a great game plan and the end there advantage didn't really mean much because for all the beatdown they did on the other 3 Richochet was back up by the time Dunne started whacking people with the cane

Wouldnt really make a difference if no dq though.

Was a good plan, they knew Dunne would eventually get out, just gave them more time with the advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Thought that was a brilliant show. Black v Vanilla was amazing. Probably my favourite of the night.

Ciampa Dream was also insane. Really thought Dream had it.

Never seen a war games before so enjoyed that. The unlocking of the shark cage annoyed me each time though. Some great spots throughout. I really hate Pete Dunne’s face. Can’t argue with his talent thought.

Brilliant show top to bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pete Dunne always reminds me of Tyler Breeze for some reason I think they look very similar with their hair is down.

Duke & Shafir of Ronda's Horse Women are green as grass and dangerous

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Felt the Womens match was prob the weakest of the night especially after loving their previous ones. Agreed the two other horsewomen have a lot to learn.

Loved the other 3 matches although i felt there were too many close calls during the Dream/Chiampa.

Black vs Gargano was brilliant .

War Games was really enjoyable and didnt drag on at all , I thought it would since there was an hour left of the ppv. Some great spots and was good to have Dunne & Ricochet to both pin Cole

Maybe I just don't remember hearing he had signed but was surprised at the debut this week of
    Punishment Martinez
    . No build and put against Matt Riddle for his first match

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Decent show this week , although i still feel Shaynas crew are just dreadful actors so far. Hopefully it will improve

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agreed, they seem very green. Shayna herself is fantastic though in her role.

I think the top of the card with Ciampa, Gargano and Black is savage. I'd like to see deluded tweener Johnny Gargano do a programme with Velveteen Dream next.

Really liking this team of Raul Mendoza and Humberto Carillo, hopefully next year they can break out and earn a few wins. They're better than the Lucha Dragons ever were.

Undisputed Era are still great to watch, both in the ring and on promos. With War Raiders out for a bit, it's hard to see who'll dethrone them at all. I don't see it with Heavy Machinery.

Keith Lee and Matt Riddle have gotten a nice start to their NXT careers.

Interested to see what they do with Ricochet and Pete Dunne going forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Man, Tyler Breeze really feels like a star on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Breeze vs Dream would be great.

Would be so camp and over-the-top but they're both very good in the ring so should not only be lots of fun but also a really good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nick Miller of The Mighty aka TM61 released. Shane Thorne stays on.

I'll count that as 2019. :)
    Looking online it seems he just became a dad and chose to stay in Australia.
    I was never a fan of The Mighty. They just seemed very bland.

DIY back together or was it a brief thing ??

Didn't get a chance to watch it yet

Would be a bad idea to make it a permanent thing. The fans were chanting DIY, so by getting them back together, they'll be cheered even though both are heels.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would be a bad idea to make it a permanent thing. The fans were chanting DIY, so by getting them back together, they'll be cheered even though both are heels.

Would kind of wreck the intense rivalry they had but an mega heel version of the team could work and might even turn the Undisputed era face if they fought against them

• Advertisement

In my opinion, Planning to reunite them would be a bad idea also because it'll be a step back for them. After all this time building their singles runs. If HHH and the writers think they've run their curse in that regard, they should move them to the main roster

Advertisement