Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That crowd reaction was magical, and you know Dom is going to be insufferable with a title now. I had been wanting him to have gold for a bit, but wasn't sure which title you could justify putting on him.

The NA title is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That was gas tbf...with Wes Lee v Ali lined up I wonder will it be a quick turnaround...would love to see Wes Lee get the win on Raw or maybe even Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dirty Dom is champion

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And the NA title unlike the majority of titles in WWE at the moment is somewhat unique and stands out.

How did Solo have to give up when on SD, Dom is on Raw?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If it wasn't stuck on Theory on Smackdown the US Title was made for someone like Dom, however the NA one is definitely a good choice.

I'm working under the assumption the US title is going to L.A.Knight, YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

well, there goes my idea that they’re just super close platonic friends….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great American Bash this Sunday

• Preshow - Dragon Lee, Nathan Frazer, Yulisa León, and Valentina Feroz vs. The Meta-Four (Oro Mensah, Noam Dar, Lash Legend, and Jakara Jackson) - Eight-person mixed tag team match
    • "Dirty" Dominik Mysterio (c) (with Rhea Ripley) vs. Wes Lee vs. Mustafa Ali - Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship
    • Tiffany Stratton (c) vs. Thea Hail (with Chase University (Andre Chase and Duke Hudson)) - Submission match for the NXT Women's Championship
    • Gallus (Wolfgang and Mark Coffey) (c) (with Joe Coffey) vs. The Family (Tony D'Angelo and Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    • Gable Steveson vs. Baron Corbin - Singles match
    • Roxanne Perez vs. Blair Davenport - Weapons Wild match
    • Carmelo Hayes (c) (with Trick Williams) vs. Ilja Dragunov - Singles match for the NXT Championship

Going by this week's show, it looks like the Creeds aren't done yet.

Expected to see Tiffany training with Dempsey and Gulak.

And seems "Yeah!" is the new "What?"

Wasn't familiar with dragon lee prior to NXT other than knowing of him ...seems to me this move has been a waste thus far! He should at least be hovering around the NA Title

Steveson getting booed and Corbin getting cheered.

Dom getting a good reaction at the end.

I'll admit when I first saw Dragunov in NXT UK, I thought he would be midcarder at most. Now he's having tough 30 minute main event matches. Not sure how he'd do on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't really paid attention to NXT in yonks but saw clips of the PPV on Reddit. Steveson got "You aren't Angle" chants? Brutal. He's dead on arrival. Looks so bland.

Judging just by her entrance, Thea Hail will be a big deal. Big Bliss vibes from her. Only 19 too. The Chase U stuff looks like good craic.

Carmelo Hayes looks cool. Dragunov has the look of a good villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

From the clips I've seen and the positive buzz I've heard lately, I'm wondering if I should start dipping into NXT again tbh.

I ducked out when it became 2.0 but seems like it's found its feet a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tony D and Stacks winning the titles was unexpected I'll admit, thought Gallus would hold onto them for another little while at least.

Enjoyed the Weapons wild match, Davenport is still quite raw but the finish was very good.

Ali is very good in the ring but he gets absolutely no reaction at all, the finish to the match was a bit overbooked too with a Riptide through a table, title belt hit and two finishers needed to get the job done.

I thought Steveson was grand in the ring and bar the ankle lock attempt I didn't get an "Angle" feel off him at all but yeah he's dead in the water with those chants already.

Title match was solid. Strange no Cora Jade or Breakker on the card though.

Wes Lee turn in progress.

Don't know if Thea will turn or she'll get over it or channel it. Maybe she and Duke will team up to get rid of Andre, or she goes back to Gulak and Dempsey.

Not much point having Rey there as an equaliser next week when he won't touch Rhea.

I thought the creeds lost the loser leaves NXT match...so how are they back on TV again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They did leave, they were clearly on a beach somewhere.

• Advertisement

I once again refer to this...pretty much a jobber at this point instead of the future of lucha

Dom retains and someone else after Rhea, maybe Lyra could join Finn and Jordan in an Irish stable

I do like Rhea's hair

Will Becks return to try for the title she never won

The Global Heritage Cup Invitational started this week:

Group A

• Tyler Bate - England
    • Butch - England
    • Charlie Dempsey - USA (I thought he was English)
    • Axiom - Spain

Group B

• Joe Coffey - Scotland
    • Duke Hudson - Australia
    • Nathan Frazer - Jersey
    • Akira Tozawa - Japan

Next week will probably be one of the few times the ref is booed more than any of the competitors, since Dom is special guest referee for Ali vs Dragon Lee.

Becky vs Tiffany for the title next week. Not sure what will happen there.

RIP Von. We barely knew you

Bron is a sadistic beast

I feel Carmelo will drop the title soon to join Lashley's drip business

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Was that spot at the end a botch? Seen photos on Twitter of blood on the steps and Von being stretchered out bleeding, but who knows with that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fairly sure it was fake blood to sell it. If it he botched it and actually connected he would've killed him.

They must be very big into Stratton if they're having her do a feud with Becky on NXT.

WWE posted the video of Von being stretchered out anyway. They cut to black at the right moment and just let commentary react as going off the air.

Must be one of the darker spots they've done recently within the company at least.

As for Becky and Tiffany, I don't think Tiffany is at the point where she should be beating Becky clean. But I don't see Becky taking the title. Though at the same time she hasn't held the title and it might be something they're looking to remedy.

Every now and again they do bits to remind us of the tag division they have. I like that the Creeds are back. Noticed a lack of Schism in that brawl.

Wonder if they're going to do something with Myles Borne or is he just going to be a plot device. Giving him a push will be good for WWE publicity. Not that that should be the only reason.

Thea Hall turning more to the dark side.

Lyra getting involved with her and Jacy Jayne and then Roxanne and Kiana.

• Advertisement

Won't mention the main event just to avoid spoiling for anyone who wants to watch.

Don't think Becky and Aoife would've crossed paths in the ring looking at Aoife's age and when Becky joined WWE. Though I'm sure they've met outside of matches.

Seems Grizzled Young Veterans are done with Schism and maybe NXT?

With the Women's Breakout Tournament, maybe we'll actually see some of these women we always see in the lockerroom and all when others are talking.

Advertisement