Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMS 59 to DVI-D Cables

Options
  • 04-04-2018 8:43am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick some up relatively cheaply?

Ideally cables that enable two monitors to be connected via DVI-D with about 30cm slack on each DVI connector

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are there no other connectors on the card?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I was presented with a stack of brand new monitors with HDMI or DVI-D ports, a whole bundle of new DVI-D cables and asked to hook them up to a batch of machines which had graphics cards that could only take DMS 59 connectors.

Somebody was under the impression that all the graphics cards were 2x DVI when in fact they are all 1x DMS 59 or the onboard VGA (which doesn't meet our needs). So I have been tasked with fixing that as the person who ordered them left!

There are some VGA to DMS cables here, but obviously they're no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Have to buy them for corporate use and can't use auction sites by company guidelines - I tried to get them through our usual supplier of IT Equipment but they don't do them.

Other thing, is since those kind of leads all seem to be DMS 59 to 2x DVI-I (which I believe carries digital and analog signal) if I plugged a monitor into that DVI socket, does it go to the graphics card using digital signal or analog?

Since obviously if it's Analog it's not going to be any better than VGA? I've never come across DMS before and honestly to me it looks like a cheap but awkward way of getting two monitors working on low profile graphics cards which only have room for one port?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

This link any help. UK based but have 4 new cables and 2 refurbished
    https://mcscom.co.uk/?s=dms-59&submit=Search&post_type=product

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

devnull wrote: »
    Have to buy them for corporate use and can't use auction sites by company guidelines - I tried to get them through our usual supplier of IT Equipment but they don't do them.

Other thing, is since those kind of leads all seem to be DMS 59 to 2x DVI-I (which I believe carries digital and analog signal) if I plugged a monitor into that DVI socket, does it go to the graphics card using digital signal or analog?

Since obviously if it's Analog it's not going to be any better than VGA? I've never come across DMS before and honestly to me it looks like a cheap but awkward way of getting two monitors working on low profile graphics cards which only have room for one port?

That seller is a company whose info is at the bottom of the page ...
    Business seller information
    The IT Recycling Company
    IT Recycling
    Unit 1 Bearsted Business Centre
    Bearsted
    Maidstone
    Kent
    ME144DF
    United Kingdom
    Phone:08006890185
    Email:carl@itrecycling.uk.com
    VAT number:
    GB 177558852
    I provide invoices with VAT separately displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I've ordered several refurbished workstations from http://www.atlanticit.ie/ that came with DMS59 to 2xDVI adapters; it might be worth a call to see if they'll supply the adapters separately. They supply full VAT invoices.

Advertisement