Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data not working

Options
  • 04-04-2018 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I switched to eir and am currently on the Simply Unlimited Any Net Mins + Texts + 15GB Data €20 offer.  However, since I switched my mobile data hasn't been working.  I've chatted on the eir helpline twice.  The first time, the person checked my account and said there wasn't a problem on my account and to try turning off the phone, removing and replacing the sim card and checking if that worked.  If that failed (which it did) they said to go to an eir shop as I might need a replacement sim card.  I went to the eir shop, where they gave me the replacement sim but wouldn't help me any further than that, they told me to go back online to the helpline.  I went back to the online chat, had my number switched to the replacement sim but my mobile data still wasn't working.  I checked my mobile data settings manually on my phone, it's all set up correctly.  Yesterday I put my husband's eir sim with the same plan into my phone and his mobile data did work so it must be a problem with my account.  I have to say the customer care has been appalling.  This has been dragging on for so long and I've had to repeat all of this so many times. What can you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

AlwaysDoe wrote: »
    Hi,

I switched to eir and am currently on the Simply Unlimited Any Net Mins + Texts + 15GB Data €20 offer.  However, since I switched my mobile data hasn't been working.  I've chatted on the eir helpline twice.  The first time, the person checked my account and said there wasn't a problem on my account and to try turning off the phone, removing and replacing the sim card and checking if that worked.  If that failed (which it did) they said to go to an eir shop as I might need a replacement sim card.  I went to the eir shop, where they gave me the replacement sim but wouldn't help me any further than that, they told me to go back online to the helpline.  I went back to the online chat, had my number switched to the replacement sim but my mobile data still wasn't working.  I checked my mobile data settings manually on my phone, it's all set up correctly.  Yesterday I put my husband's eir sim with the same plan into my phone and his mobile data did work so it must be a problem with my account.  I have to say the customer care has been appalling.  This has been dragging on for so long and I've had to repeat all of this so many times. What can you do?
    Hi AlwaysDoe ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Hi Thomas,

My mobile data still isn't working. I have tried another eir SIM in my phone and the data worked with that SIM. I have got a replacement SIM to rule out problem with my original SIM card. I went to an eir shop today and they confirmed that settings on my phone for mobile data are correct and said they couldn't do anything else for me.

When I log into myeir.ie, under "Usage This Period" it says 'Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e'. Under "My Offer" it says 'You have no active offers.' Could that be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Approaching 3 months now without mobile data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

AlwaysDoe wrote: »
    Approaching 3 months now without mobile data.
    Have you contacted our support team on 1901 to have this investigated?

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement