Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Roubaix 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Icepick wrote: »
    Great ride by Dillier but he didn't stand a chance :)

Felt sorry for him there - after such a mammoth effort and Sagan playing with him. Diller should be proud of his effort today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sagan wins it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭G1032

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Still no word on Michael Goolaerts...

Hoping all is going to work out ok, he got help at the roadside very quickly but there must be concern for him.....

Good news would make it a perfect day.

https://twitter.com/Snipercycling/status/983013865872117761?s=19

That lived up to it's billing, had a surprise visit from my 3 month old niece while we were watching and my 4 year old was busy telling her the finer details of bike racing like how the pro's don't have pink bikes like hers and that they don't cry when they fall off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

RIP
    Terribly sad end to a bike race

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

RIP that's awful news

Jesus :eek:

Words fail me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

RIP So young ..feel very strange now about today's great race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Was it the crash that caused it or was it that caused him to crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That's **** really sorry to hear after a great finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Sounds like he had a heart attack and then crashed. Terribly sad. 23 years old.

TV only showed him lying prone on the side of the road, have a feeling he may have had a heart attack and then crashed but who knows. It looked awful seeing him motionless, didn't look right even at the time. Only 23, just awful

Hard to shake the image of him from the live coverage lying on the deck :(

News sites posting far more I have no appetite so see, don't give them the clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

He was only 23. What a shame. I Hope his family get some comfort from the words of condolences being expressed on social media

447697.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Seems he had cardiac arrest and that caused him to crash.

Awful news to finish the day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Awful news. Such a young guy too. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

He seemed to come down on his own, so maybe the heart attack caused the crash. That being said, that 2nd sector has a downhill in it that sweeps right a bit that nearly caught me out with my novice cobble handling skills.. I doubt it was a factor.

Awful though. Just awful. A young lad yet to hit his prime.

Hard to shake the image of him from the live coverage lying on the deck :(

News sites posting far more I have no appetite so see, don't give them the clicks.

Seeing it live on TV was more than I wanted to see, even though we weren't shown the crash it just looked wrong. He wasn't holding a leg or arm, just motionless. Wonder how quickly a medic got to him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

According to sticky bottle article, medics got there fast and revived him before he was transported to hospital. Which perhaps means he had another after arriving there or on the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus that's horrendous, R.I.P.. I was dreading that news.

He was so young, it's so shocking.

coco0981 wrote: »
    Seeing it live on TV was more than I wanted to see, even though we weren't shown the crash it just looked wrong. He wasn't holding a leg or arm, just motionless. Wonder how quickly a medic got to him

The footage I saw reported spectators were with him within 10-15 seconds and a moto seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

There’s a spectator video showing him crashing and the medics arrived within a very short space of time. The live video of him prone on the ground was awful.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Truly shocking. RIP. You don’t go to work thinking you will die today.

Did not see that part of the race – truly awful for the family if they were watching the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Very sad news. R.I.P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Very sad news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Very sad news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

When I was watching the race live and the group came around the bend I recall thinking jesus he's out cold. Just didn't look right even in the 2 second image on TV. Thankfully now eurosport didn't replay it.

RIP. Such a young age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Terrible news. RIP.

Advertisement