Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

How is everyone doing?
    I’ve been pretty sick with ‘morning’ sickness the past two weeks. It was an all-day horrible queasy feeling and I only vomited a handful of times but not nice at all. I had to keep eating to stop the nauseous feeling even though eating was the last thing on my mind.
    I thought it had eased up a bit today but it struck me again from lunch.
    The tiredness has also caught up with me. Such nice evenings all this week but all I want to do is go straight to bed when I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I’ve been pretty sick with ‘morning’ sickness the past two weeks. It was an all-day horrible queasy feeling and I only vomited a handful of times but not nice at all.

Oh you poor thing, that is horrible. My fatigue has let up a small bit and I feel semi normal. Had a rough few days with bleeding and dropping HcG. I ended up in EPU but all is looking OK now. Being brought back for a check up scan this day two weeks and once there is growth they'll be happy so I'm staying positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Feeling okay but definitely more tired in the evenings now. I was really sick with my last pregnancy so this is a bit strange. Quite crampy though and feeling very bloated at night. Only 7 weeks so I'm hoping all is okay.

Just realized I’ve not been feeling nauseous since Thursday and my boobs have not been as sore the past two nights. Delighted at first but now I’m worried. My appetite has also returned for some old favourite food. Could these symptoms have stopped by week 10? I’m going for first scan on Friday so hopefully all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Oops Dec 2018

I'm in the same boat stellasmurf. Had the same thoughts last night. Hopefully this is just an ease off on sickness. Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I saw a huge change around week 10 girls if that helps. I was really so sick up until then, unrelenting from week 5 and it just stopped more or less . More dramatically than I remember with my other two! I think it’s all to do with the placenta kicking in and hormones settling a bit. I’m just coming up on 13 weeks and all is fine with me.

I hope that is what is going on Digs. Its the most disconcerting feeling ever.
    I'm still exhausted though - going to bed really early and napping at weekends when I can (a luxury in my house).
    I just want the next 3 weeks to pass as fast as is possible so I can just tell people. I had to buy new clothes for work at the weekend as I just couldn't tie my pants and tops weren't as loose as they could have been.

At 8weeks I am only now making an appointment to see GP. Ringing my Obstetrician tomorrow. Is that awful? I can't get my head around this pregnancy at all. Is that normal for number 3?

Nead21 wrote: »
    At 8weeks I am only now making an appointment to see GP. Ringing my Obstetrician tomorrow. Is that awful? I can't get my head around this pregnancy at all. Is that normal for number 3?

13 weeks on #3, haven’t been near the GP yet! I had my booking apt in the hospital the other day so at this stage will just see the GP in 4 weeks as per the schedule. My long finger on this pregnancy has been very long! Assuming it’s normal!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No3 arrived recently here, was just mentally very unprepared all the way through.Got home and had to go searching for breastfeeding bras and the like.I was actually a bit worried about how I felt the last couple of weeks, just like it was some theoretical concept that wasn't going to happen!I was worried how I would cope with the labour.It turned out fine, but I really drifted through the pregnancy in a way.

• Advertisement

Had our first scan today. All looks good, bean is measuring exactly as predicted so must have had a regular cycle the last time! Kind of surreal seeing the him/her wriggling on the screen :)

Sorry to say that I had a miscarriage at the weekend. The midwives and doctor in the hospital were so nice and kind that it made the experience less traumatic.

Really sorry to hear that Nead. Devastating I’m sure, I’m glad to hear you’ve been treated kindly. Mind yourself.

Sorry to hear Nead. I hope you are doing ok.

Last week I had a scare and had to have emergency scan - turns out I have a Hamatoma (ignore spelling). Apparently its common enough in women but Jesus did it scare me.
    My consultant was amazing and honest with me. He is some distance from me so I couldn't get to him for emergency scan. He got the results however and rang me that night and the following morning to reassure me this is normal for women and resolves itself..

It didn't help either that all week I was listening to stories on the TV and Radio about abnormalities in pregnancies etc. I was in bits listening to stories from people all over the country. I actually got really stressed.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Sorry to say that I had a miscarriage at the weekend. The midwives and doctor in the hospital were so nice and kind that it made the experience less traumatic.

So sorry for your loss, hope you're doing ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Winterglow

Hi ladies,how are you all keeping?I had my 12week scan yesterday ,I was expecting to be 12+4 by my dates but measured 13weeks, I am going to MLU so I dont think they will change dates I have my booking in appt on Monday ,the heat is great but the hayfever is a nighmare

Hi girls, this thread seems to be very quiet compared to others. I hope everyone is doing ok. We found out we’re having a boy and are over the moon. I’m doing the domino scheme and have my first appointment next week. Morning sickness has stopped for the most part but the boobs are still a killer every night. I would be quite slim but already my belly is a lot rounder..sort of like I’ve had a big meal. Although I am eating a lot more than usual so probably more food baby than anything! Jeans are no longer comfortable. Is anyone else starting to show? Packed away half my wardrobe as I know it won’t fit me until next year now!

I know and the August 2017 group I was in last time was really quiet too so I was hoping for a busy thread this time. I've found some other similar groups which are very active and it's great to have a chat and get support!

How many weeks are you now? Did you find out the sex through a genetic test? I'm feeling very impatient and can't wait to find out what we are having but it's still too early to see on a scan. A lot is riding on the sex of number two so we are very anxious :(

I'm 14 weeks today and all is well. Can't believe it is the second trimester already!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VickySkywalker

Hi guys! We don't know the sex yet. We're doing the genetic test (that is if we get an answer from the semi-private clinic for this and the 20 weeks scan!) so hopefully we'll find out soon. Is anyone else having theirs at Holles St?

We did T21 test and it came back clear (98.4%) but it doesn't tell us the sex :( Have to wait until we can see on the scan! I'm having mine in Portlaoise :)

• Advertisement

I know and the August 2017 group I was in last time was really quiet too so I was hoping for a busy thread this time. I've found some other similar groups which are very active and it's great to have a chat and get support!

How many weeks are you now? Did you find out the sex through a genetic test? I'm feeling very impatient and can't wait to find out what we are having but it's still too early to see on a scan. A lot is riding on the sex of number two so we are very anxious :(

I'm 14 weeks today and all is well. Can't believe it is the second trimester already!

I’m 13 weeks this weekend. On the domino scheme, I only get one scan at 22 weeks I think so we decided to do a private scan and the harmony test together. The peace of mind since the results came back have been definitely worth the extra expense imo. I’d be lying if I said finding out the sex was not a big draw of the test though. I’m very impatient. This is my first but my partner already has two girls from a prior relationship, finding out we’re having a boy has been wonderful :)

Hello everyone, im somewhere between 12/13 weeks and none of my clothes fit me any more. This is my 3rd so thankfully I have some well used maternity clothes about the place. Had to use then just for comfort this week.
    Have my 3rd scan on Monday so hoping all is still OK with baby. Owing to my hematoma I am kinda scared. Even though doc said all should be OK.
    I cannot atop eating junk also. I just need it like a drug. I'm great for the first part of the day and then boom....afternoon/evening hits and I'm a hound. Its actually disgusting.
    Still really tired also. I could fall asleep anywhere come 3pm each.....not good when im in meeting.
    Haven't told work yet. Waiting until after the scan Monday...I'm actually a tad apprehensive about telling them. I've been out on mat leave in 2015, 2017 and now 2019....I really do feel that it's something that hinders my professional life somewhat...but I never want to look back and say what if in terms of family so onwards I go. Anyone else feel this way?

I see a lot of you mentioned the domino scheme...what is this?

On the domino scheme, I only get one scan at 22 weeks I think so we decided to do a private scan and the harmony test together.

That seems very little to be scanned, do you have nothing after 22 weeks either? Because of my first baby's history I'm being scanned every three weeks so I'm the other extreme!

Oops Dec 18 I know what you mean about work. I'm a teacher and I'll only be back for two months before taking another maternity leave :o My boss was great about it though. Makes such a difference when management are understanding!

My fatigue has lessened and I'm feeling very normal overall, long may it last :)

Oops I think that’s a very natural concern alot of women would have. It’s tough these decisions land at our feet. I worked hard before having my second, studied hard, qualifying for the job I thought I wanted. Decided to stay home with my second and now I’m going for a complete career change, complete 360. I have an interview for a masters this week which I’m very nervous about but it all finally feels right and eventually will work out for the best for my family. Even though I must be mental starting in September but that’s me!!

Congrats to everyone on finding out the sex, it’s a very exciting part of it. We’re going for a surprise this time and I’m driving myself mad with old wives tales. I was certain my second was a girl and she was but really don’t know this time round!

My heartburn is really starting to annoy me, it’s my least favourite bit. Just gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VickySkywalker

I’m 13 weeks this weekend. On the domino scheme, I only get one scan at 22 weeks I think so we decided to do a private scan and the harmony test together. The peace of mind since the results came back have been definitely worth the extra expense imo. I’d be lying if I said finding out the sex was not a big draw of the test though. I’m very impatient. This is my first but my partner already has two girls from a prior relationship, finding out we’re having a boy has been wonderful :)

I'm so glad everything came back fine! :) I'm 14 weeks and I got a 12 week scan (I don't know how many I'll get after that, but I'm going semi-private in Holles St). The lady who did the ultrasound was really nice and said "There's the little nose and I see nothing in the shape of the head or anywhere else in the body that would give me cause for concern" (*Wink wink, nudge nudge*). Still, we're doing the Harmony test in July (because of personal matters we can't afford the €430 this month) a month before our 22 week scan. I wish we could do it sooner, but unfortunately, it won't be possible. For some reason I'm not really worried, my husband is a bit more anxious about it than I am. Still, I think it's a good idea to get peace of mind. And of course, finding the sex of the baby is a nice plus!

Woke up during the night to go the the toilet and it was the usual but then this morning at 8.00 when I got up it hurt so much and ever since I've been having tightening and cramping in my lower stomach. It's pretty bad! I'm couldn't pay im in pain from it but it's very uncomfortable to move. It's hardly a UTI is it? I get them a lot outside of pregnancy but usually have back pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Woke up during the night to go the the toilet and it was the usual but then this morning at 8.00 when I got up it hurt so much and ever since I've been having tightening and cramping in my lower stomach. It's pretty bad! I'm couldn't pay im in pain from it but it's very uncomfortable to move. It's hardly a UTI is it? I get them a lot outside of pregnancy but usually have back pain...

Is it mostly when you’re moving, and okay when you’re still? Probably round ligament pain - google it.

I hope you're ok Unknown. If there's no blood then it's probably nothing to be worried about and it might just be the stomach expanding. I had a few small cramps the other day although nothing too bad. Let us know how you get on.

Unknown, I'm having crampy feelings also, but I think it has to do with what I am eating and the round ligament pains. I am eating all the wrong things right now which can't be helping baby. I also have what I believe is heartburn....never really had it before so not 100% sure. Its like a tightness after I eat. Thought if I got it it would be later in pregnancy.

• Advertisement

It's definitely not round ligament pain, didn't have this discomfort last pregnancy. When I pee now it's like I can't force, it's coming out but trickling. It feels like there is a fist in my lower stomach which keeps tensing and pulsing. I tried to make an appointment with doctor in case it is a UTI but nothing available until Monday :(

Advertisement