Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage rallies - has the 'field day' has its day?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

Too many shows on. Every Parish had one there for a while. Plus the crowds went well down attending them due to shows keeping the same attractions every year.

Moynalty used to be good until they started charging exhibitors to pay for Nathen Carter.

Mountbellew was fantastic but weather has that show on its knees at the minute. Not a dry day in 5 years.

The IVETA indoor show is in April this year due to the Equestrian Centre in Cavan hosting a show jumping event in April. Its a good show as its a lads day out not many kids running round it.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

I called a lad last year for a few bits, and he started telling me how much my car WASN'T worth. :rolleyes:

I hope you used that to your advantage, well if the car isn't worth much then the parts can't be either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

conor2469 wrote: »
    I hope you used that to your advantage, well if the car isn't worth much then the parts can't be either!

You know, my ear was so burned by his billsh1t, I left it, and got the bits elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Some people? �� If he had kept his opinions to himself he could have closed a deal with you for some parts!��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭gipi

piplip87 wrote: »
    Too many shows on. Every Parish had one there for a while. Plus the crowds went well down attending them due to shows keeping the same attractions every year.

Moynalty used to be good until they started charging exhibitors to pay for Nathen Carter.

Mountbellew was fantastic but weather has that show on its knees at the minute. Not a dry day in 5 years.

The IVETA indoor show is in April this year due to the Equestrian Centre in Cavan hosting a show jumping event in April. Its a good show as its a lads day out not many kids running round it.

I brought my classic car to Moynalty last year and there was no entry fee. There were so many classics, they had to take over some of the space allocated for parking.

• Advertisement

Silvera wrote: »
    Some people? �� If he had kept his opinions to himself he could have closed a deal with you for some parts!��

Yep. And I would have no problems with that. He really could have closed the deal and told me how he wished me the best with my plans, and was glad to help with my project, but Jaysus, no. The total opposite.

Either way, I'm good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

piplip87 wrote: »

That was the case maybe 10 years ago, just about every pip-squeak village, parish pump and GAA field holding one, on clashing dates.

That was the case maybe 10 years ago, just about every pip-squeak village, parish pump and GAA field holding one, on clashing dates.

Its been a long long long time since I had a car at a show. Is that really the case now?

Advertisement