Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience pack issue

Options
  • 04-04-2018 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

So this is a long one and nobody in eir seems to be able to fix it. 

I've been with eir for 3 years and I have to say I'd had great service in that time. 2 weeks ago I added the experience pack to my tv specifically to get eurosport. Eurosport 1 & 2 in HD are not viewable however. 

Long story short 5 calls later speaking to 9 different people and 3 online chats and everyone tells me the same thing. If you want those you need to also buy the HD pack for an additional monthly cost. I don't want to pay the extra for the HD pack I just want all the channels that I'm supposed to receive as part of my current subscription.

As part of the standard experience pack it states Eurosport 1, 2 & 1HD, 2HD as part of that pack. 

This morning is a partial solution by which they've credited my account with €50 and included the HD pack which covers the cost for the next 10 months. It's a plaster fix but really kicks the can down the street. 

I find it amazing that in a technology company of it's size there is not one person in the entire organisation who can say yes, have the stations that you're entitled due. What put a rear bad taste in my mouth was the constant pressure of selling additional add on's in order to try and fix the issue. I assume this was the simple fix for the agents who didn't want to go looking into things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

gmacww wrote: »

I've been with eir for 3 years and I have to say I'd had great service in that time. 2 weeks ago I added the experience pack to my tv specifically to get eurosport. Eurosport 1 & 2 in HD are not viewable however. 

Long story short 5 calls later speaking to 9 different people and 3 online chats and everyone tells me the same thing. If you want those you need to also buy the HD pack for an additional monthly cost. I don't want to pay the extra for the HD pack I just want all the channels that I'm supposed to receive as part of my current subscription.

As part of the standard experience pack it states Eurosport 1, 2 & 1HD, 2HD as part of that pack. 

This morning is a partial solution by which they've credited my account with €50 and included the HD pack which covers the cost for the next 10 months. It's a plaster fix but really kicks the can down the street. 

I find it amazing that in a technology company of it's size there is not one person in the entire organisation who can say yes, have the stations that you're entitled due. What put a rear bad taste in my mouth was the constant pressure of selling additional add on's in order to try and fix the issue. I assume this was the simple fix for the agents who didn't want to go looking into things.
    I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have the requested channels been activated?

Thanks

Thomas

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have the requested channels been activated?

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

Hi Thomas,

They have but temporarily. Basically they added the HD pack along with a credit on the account to cover the cost until the remainder of the contract. So when my contract is over I either pay the full HD add on cost or I cancel the HD pack bringing me back to the issue at hand which is not being given all teh channels I signed up for.

Hi Thomas,

They have but temporarily. Basically they added the HD pack along with a credit on the account to cover the cost until the remainder of the contract. So when my contract is over I either pay the full HD add on cost or I cancel the HD pack bringing me back to the issue at hand which is not being given all teh channels I signed up for.
    I understand, unfortunately, there is no more I can do to rectify this through this channel.

Thanks 

Thomas 

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

Hi Thomas,

I understand, unfortunately, there is no more I can do to rectify this through this channel.

Thanks 

Thomas 
    Thanks.

Unfortunately completely expected response though. Not one person in eir seems to be able to fix it permanently. The response: our process and procedures. Jesus wept.

• Advertisement

Hi Thomas,

Thanks 

Thomas 
    Thanks.

Unfortunately completely expected response though. Not one person in eir seems to be able to fix it permanently. The response: our process and procedures. Jesus wept.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement