Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negotiating when buying a house off the plans

Options
  • 04-04-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

We are very interested in a 4 bed detached house to be built in an estate, off the plans. The ea has said there is no wiggle room with the price. We will likely get mortgage approval for costs. There doesn't seem to be any other interested parties. I'm wondering if it is worth trying to negotiate the price or is that generally not a thing with a new build?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

detoxkid wrote: »
    We are very interested in a 4 bed detached house to be built in an estate, off the plans. The ea has said there is no wiggle room with the price. We will likely get mortgage approval for costs. There doesn't seem to be any other interested parties. I'm wondering if it is worth trying to negotiate the price or is that generally not a thing with a new build?

New builds are generally set pricing. You can, of course, make a lower offer but they are not obliged to accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

We're going through the purchase of a house off plan currently. I asked about wiggle room on the price and was told with out a shadow of a doubt there was none as the costs were fixed due to building costs, VAT etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

We're going through the purchase of a house off plan currently. I asked about wiggle room on the price and was told with out a shadow of a doubt there was none as the costs were fixed due to building costs, VAT etc etc etc

And demand. If you don't buy, there's a queue of people willing to buy right behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

detoxkid wrote: »

Does not happen with new builds and the 4 beds always take longer to sell in the new estates than the 3 beds. This is mostly due to them being worth more so less people having the money. But's more a case of them just waiting and they get sold I'm afraid.

Advertisement