Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to convert Euros to Dollars?

Options
  • 04-04-2018 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Where's best to go for a reasonable rate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would personally load up a revolut card and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

I usually use number 1 currency. Rates always better than banks/post office and it's commission free if reserved online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Revolut if you are going to the states, buying something from there or sending money to someone that also uses the service. Transferwise is also good for more traditional banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you want to do it over the counter, use whichever of the two main banks is offering the better rate on the day, check their websites. An Post pitches their rate in between the two of them so is never the best, ever. Don't fall for their 'no commission' BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I've spent a fair bit of time travelling in the states over the past few years, but in the past year I did all my transactions using my N26 bank account, you get live FX rates with no spread.

Very similar from what Revolut is offering, only it is a fully fledged bank account including IBAN etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement