Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling in India, notified bank of this through BOI site, card blocked

Options
  • 04-04-2018 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my issue is as laid out above.

I just tried to take money out of a local CITI atm however the transaction would not go through. I have received an email and text asking if I had attempted this transaction, which I had, but never received the cash.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Birneybau,

Thanks for your message.

Our card security team may still contact you even when you have a travel note in place as your card could still be compromised. Please reply to the email to say you did request the transaction. The ATM should adjust this back on to your account, if it did not dispense the funds.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hi Birneybau,

Thanks for your message.

Our card security team may still contact you even when you have a travel note in place as your card could still be compromised. Please reply to the email to say you did request the transaction. The ATM should adjust this back on to your account, if it did not dispense the funds.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks Tara. I neither received the money nor has it been taken from my account yet. I replied 'Yes' to a text I received from what I hope to be BOI. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement