Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Expulsions In Midwifery Graduate Programme

Options
  • 04-04-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]I am desperate and shocked as my girlfriend who moved here from Spain to attend the Higher Diploma in Midwifery Graduate Programme just got expelled today by the programme’s director for not being able to present a certificate of qualification in English.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]Since she has been accepted for the course back in October she has tried to get in touch with someone in order to obtain more information regarding the course and requirements. Nevertheless as she has been mostly ignored by the programme and hasn’t received any clear answers she assumed that everything must be okay and that there is nothing to worry about. She has been aware that a qualification in English would be required for completing the course but not that it was required before attending the course. Even after the programme finally got back to her they did no tell her that she would still need to supply the English certificate or that hurry was required.  We know multiple other foreigners that have been studying at Trinity and that needed to do an English exams at the end of their studies as opposed to before.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]So only when she started the course on the 12th of March it was brought to her attention that she would require such a certificate proving her English knowledge. After multiple debates with the programme’s director it was agreed that she and some of the other foreigner in the course who hadn’t been aware of the problem either (as there obviously has been a problem in communication by Trinity’s side) were given one last chance by booking an examination which is this week on the 7th of April. So my girlfriend spent the last two weeks studying hard, payed money for private English teachers and the examination (which all is quiet expensive), just to be told today that the coordinator has changed her mind and that she would immediately be expelled.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]Is the coordinator allowed to do that after an agreement was made, especially only 4 days before the exam? I also don’t understand why the certificate is suddenly so urgently required while as there are foreigners from the previous year who still haven’t done their English exams.  My girlfriend is completely heartbroken, having left her previous job and moved to Ireland just for this course. I thought maybe someone here would be able to help in this matter or at least could let me know who I need to direct this problem to, as it appears to me that my girlfriend has not been treated fair.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif] Thanks Community! Please let me know your thoughts.... [/font][/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Clarc123 wrote: »
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]I am desperate and shocked as my girlfriend who moved here from Spain to attend the Higher Diploma in Midwifery Graduate Programme just got expelled today by the programme’s director for not being able to present a certificate of qualification in English.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]Since she has been accepted for the course back in October she has tried to get in touch with someone in order to obtain more information regarding the course and requirements. Nevertheless as she has been mostly ignored by the programme and hasn’t received any clear answers she assumed that everything must be okay and that there is nothing to worry about. She has been aware that a qualification in English would be required for completing the course but not that it was required before attending the course. Even after the programme finally got back to her they did no tell her that she would still need to supply the English certificate or that hurry was required.  We know multiple other foreigners that have been studying at Trinity and that needed to do an English exams at the end of their studies as opposed to before.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]So only when she started the course on the 12th of March it was brought to her attention that she would require such a certificate proving her English knowledge. After multiple debates with the programme’s director it was agreed that she and some of the other foreigner in the course who hadn’t been aware of the problem either (as there obviously has been a problem in communication by Trinity’s side) were given one last chance by booking an examination which is this week on the 7th of April. So my girlfriend spent the last two weeks studying hard, payed money for private English teachers and the examination (which all is quiet expensive), just to be told today that the coordinator has changed her mind and that she would immediately be expelled.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif]Is the coordinator allowed to do that after an agreement was made, especially only 4 days before the exam? I also don’t understand why the certificate is suddenly so urgently required while as there are foreigners from the previous year who still haven’t done their English exams.  My girlfriend is completely heartbroken, having left her previous job and moved to Ireland just for this course. I thought maybe someone here would be able to help in this matter or at least could let me know who I need to direct this problem to, as it appears to me that my girlfriend has not been treated fair.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Georgia, serif] Thanks Community! Please let me know your thoughts.... [/font][/font]

She needs to immediately contact her tutor, and have them make representation to the Junior Dean. She had a legitimate expectation that she would have an opportunity to gain the necessary certification and made arrangements to do so. It's completely unacceptable that she was expelled without having sat the exam.

Advertisement