Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sercomm smart home gateway?

Options
  • 04-04-2018 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with the Sercomm Smart home gateway?
    Model is NA930-ZW-2G

I was part of the EI Smarter Homes Trial but sold my house and EI didn't want the non-hardwired kit back, so I am just wondering if it might be possible to flash it with a non EI firmware and use in my new property or if i'd have to get a new z-wave hub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

I found this post when I was trying to do exactly the same thing for exactly the same reasons.

Did you find anything or have you ended up buying a separate Z-Wave hub? And the next part of the same issue is; would there be a problem when a second Z-Wave controller is added to the same WiFi network?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Haven't done anything with it as other stuff came up. Was surprised there weren't more folk in a similar situation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

OK. I have just been talking to an Electric Ireland Smarter Homes technical engineer who was able to give the required information.

He said that it won't be possible to utilise their system in any way that isn't already covered in the app. So no linking it with IFTTT or Stringify to enable other functions. It appears also that the Sercomm gateway has both hardware and firmware that uses a different frequency to that used by other hubs or gateways, so that should mean that it should be possible to put another Z-Wave hub on the same network without clashes.

On another question that asked regarding the apparent 'going to sleep' of the Aeotec door/window sensors; he said that this was something that they experienced with almost all of the units that they brought in and they were no longer making them available to Electric Ireland customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

where you able to flash that Sercomm unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

irelandjoe wrote: »
    where you able to flash that Sercomm unit?

No, after davidod1s post I didn’t go further with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement