Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What qualifications do you need to become a Speech Therapist?

Options
  • 04-04-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently just finished my ECCE Level 5 and I currently do not want to continue my studies as a Childcare Practitioner, but instead, I would like to start doing studies to become a Speech Therapist.

But before doing anything or enrolling anywhere, I was wondering if anyone knew what courses I would need to do to achieve my goal of becoming a Speech Therapist?

Comments

I recently just finished my ECCE Level 5 and I currently do not want to continue my studies as a Childcare Practitioner, but instead, I would like to start doing studies to become a Speech Therapist.

But before doing anything or enrolling anywhere, I was wondering if anyone knew what courses I would need to do to achieve my goal of becoming a Speech Therapist?

A 4 year degree in speech and language. Would you have the leaving cert points to apply via CAO? That would be the route to go if so.

Another new reg I notice how are so many new people posting of recent times?!

Advertisement