Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you make rice pudding with regular long grain rice?

• 04-04-2018 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭

As in uncle bens that you would have with a curry? I usually make it with the bag of rice pudding you buy for that purpose specifically but is it all the same? Will long grain uncle bens rice do the same job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

As in uncle bens that you would have with a curry? I usually make it with the bag of rice pudding you buy for that purpose specifically but is it all the same? Will long grain uncle bens rice do the same job?

It just won't taste nice at all. It will cook too fast and become mushy without absorbing the milk fast enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It will be fine. I do it all the time;not with the "easy cook "stuff though, but the regular long grain is fine as is basmati .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

Can be done but I don't think it's half as nice as the proper pudding rice, not creamy, more like rice cooked in milk.

Advertisement