Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for MSI Intel 1151 Godlike Gaming Motherboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why do you want to spend €630 on a motherboard?

Genuinely curious.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Genuinely curious.

I am doing this build - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waeCIt19pSM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That board seems like needless overkill, and I say that as someone who runs an i9 7900 Skylake-X.

There's no need for three gigabit ethernet ports, or three M2 slots. And I'm surprised to see Killer NICs still knocking about or even in business.

Is there some element of it that's really needed?

And that seller is dodgy as hell.

This will be my third build and kinda wanted to go all out with rgb and this is a nice board in that respect.If you could recommend other options that would be great..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My usual personal go to for motherboards is Asus, though I'm sure others will have their own preferences. Their Asus ROG set would provide most of that board, but without the needless aspects, but still providing 4Ghz plus RAM support, dual M2 slots, 802.11ac wifi. Even RGB if you really want that.

But get more opinions and research them first, don't run out and drop cash on just my say so.

• Advertisement

No problem will do some more research first and thanks for the reply :) I have asus boards in my other builds and been solid..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

what about an Asus Maximus X Formula?

Thanks will do some more research tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cheers for the video the more information the better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

BArra wrote: »
    what about an Asus Maximus X Formula?

It's nice but still a €400 board that's kinda a waste unless serious benchmark chasing is the goal.

I'm thinking a Maximus X Hero for an upcoming i7 8700k build is all the bells and whistles I'll need for around €250ish.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why does he spend 23 minutes waffling on when he could easily explain the issue in 2 or 3 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Genuinely curious.

I spent nearly that much - but got a lot more than a few LEDs.

Looking towards Asus Maximus X Formula..Thanks Folks :)

Thought you said it was overkill and the hero model more than enough?

I never said it was overkill...Sorted now anyway..

Venom wrote: »
    It's nice but still a €400 board that's kinda a waste unless serious benchmark chasing is the goal.

I'm thinking a Maximus X Hero for an upcoming i7 8700k build is all the bells and whistles I'll need for around €250ish.

Ah okay mixed up posters! Good luck with it!

Im on the fence myself and the only parts left i need are mobo and gpu

I got the Asrock Z370 Extreme4 for my new coffee lake build and it's working a treat. Great reviews and a good feature set too compared to some mobo's at a much higher price.

Advertisement