Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for offer

Options
  • 04-04-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi

So house gone on the market this week with first viewing tomorrow evening.

Just out of curiosity, for people who recently gone sale agreed or sold a house, how long before the first offer?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

jc11 wrote: »
    Hi

So house gone on the market this week with first viewing tomorrow evening.

Just out of curiosity, for people who recently gone sale agreed or sold a house, how long before the first offer?

TIA

How long is a piece of string? We never made an offer on a house without a least 2 viewings.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I viewed a house on Wednesday evening and put an offer in the next day.

Quick question actually, and not the hijack the thread but for people selling - how long do you wait to get all the offers in? When we put ours in the EA said the seller will obviously want to wait a few weeks to get all possible offers in. I guess just not sure what that time frame is? A month? Two?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Really depends on the house and the pricing strategy.

If the house is very attractive and priced low to trigger a bidding war, you’ll get offers within a few days or maybe even the day after the viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

We got offers the next morning after the viewing. We did two viewings, 5 people viewed and 3 of them made offers. We needed a quick sale so went sale agreed withing 10 days. Our property was priced slightly higher than other properties in the area to avoid time wasters and we eventually sold for 10% above asking.

Have the place immaculately clean and clutter free. I didn't bother with baking or any of that lark but did have fresh flowers on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The house we're buying was first listed on 18th Feb and we went Sale Agreed on 23rd March, probably dragged on a little as the agent decided to hold a third viewing and I said I wouldn't be placing any more bids until after that.

• Advertisement

How did it go OP? Getting good offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Bob24 wrote: »
    How did it go OP? Getting good offers?

Nothing yet, good amounts coming to view the house, another viewing this week so fingers crossed.

Noticing lots of cars pulling up and looking around, so hopefully thats a good sign!

Thanks all for replies!

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

I placed an opening bid on a property a few weeks back and it has been stone cold silence since. The house is in Dublin so I was expecting a bidding war but you just never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

sleepily wrote: »
    I placed an opening bid on a property a few weeks back and it has been stone cold silence since. The house is in Dublin so I was expecting a bidding war but you just never know!

Maybe other folks are seeing something you missed? Zero other interest would worry me more than too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

Maybe other folks are seeing something you missed? Zero other interest would worry me more than too much.

Yeah I know there could be something I'm missing but it's a strange one all the same. We went to two of the three open viewings and they were all quiet so not many have even viewed it.

There are a few houses in the area that are all priced slightly cheaper. All need modernizing but on balance this is the one we wanted to go for (has double glazing, south facing garden etc...) Perhaps interest will pick up on this one once the others go sale agreed.

Other than that, it's an executor sale, it's in relatively good nick and has a better energy rating than the others. Is there anything else you can think of that I could look into? Short of a survey obviously!

Advertisement