Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long from making offer to completing sale

Options
  • 04-04-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I know it's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string but can you give me a vague idea? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

First time buyers with no chain; Made offer on 3rd November, offer accepted 9th November, sale closed on 28th March. We were delayed by a sitting tenant but closed sooner than we thought we would in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭windmilllane

Thank you, I actually don't want to vacate house until end August. No offers yet but wouldn't like to be messing buyers around. Sounds like legal stuff can rumble on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

We were 3 months as 1st time buyers.

Felt much longer than 3 months at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We made our offer in early December and closed on 15th Feb. No issues though and we weren't selling so could move quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Offered in june,closed in end September. No delays vacant house and everyone wanted quick sale but holidays of bank solicitor etc delayed things a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

5 months. No issues whatsoever. Solicitoirs couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brother recently had nearly a year. Probate, HSE lien, council covenant for first resale and the slowest vendor solicitor in the world all adding to it

Vendor in a chain is going to cause delays too if you encounter that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

For us it was 1) initial offer in November 2014 2) offer accepted and deposit paid in February 2015 and 3) sale completed in mid July 2015. It was a chain, the sellers of our house delayed a bit looking for their new house, we had to get our solicitor to threaten to pull out in mid May to move things along, not sure if they had another house by the time the sale completed but we were not bluffing, sale would have fallen apart if they kept us waiting any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

The house that we bought, we put the offer in on Christmas Eve, finally sold on the Friday of the June bank holiday.

The house we were selling, potential buyers pulled out after 3 weeks because they wanted to be in by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

hairyslug wrote: »
    The house we were selling, potential buyers pulled out after 3 weeks because they wanted to be in by then.

Wow, I’m assuming they’d never bought a house before. The benefit of this thread is that it gives people realistic expectations.

We’re going through the process at the moment. The delays so far have all been bank related. It’s moving along ok, but the bank are a bit slow and have been asking for information in a piecemeal fashion which has added to the turnaround time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

First time buyers, no chain. 8 months from sale agreed to getting keys. Loads of issues on vendors side. Their solicitor was incompetent, they lied about being in a chain and there was a lien on the house which was discovered just as we were closing which pushed it out further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

First bid in the first week of June last year. 'Sposed to be closing this Friday. I won't really believe it until I get keys.

Advertisement