Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imperial Hotel or the Clayton?

Options
  • 04-04-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

As above, am staying on business which is the nicer of the two or are they much the same?

Thanks!

Comments

Imperial is old but nice, Clayton is new but nice.
    Clayton has some rooms with no window to the outside, I don't think the Imperial has but I'm not sure.

I'd stay in the Imperial for the uniqueness, Clayton is similar to any other relatively new, 4 star hotel :)

...... food in the Imperial is great too, Clayton grub not quite as good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Imperial a far superior hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

imperial - has thee best spa too - if you do stay there it would be a shame not to avail of it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 137 ✭✭toyotafan

Clayton 4sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Imperial. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Clayton car park is directly underneath. Imperial’s is across the river. When I’m down in Cork for work I usually stay at the Clayton as it’s just easier. Imperial is nicer for a personal stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

If you like modern and quiet, subdued atmosphere, Clayton is nice. There are nicer rooms with balcony on top floors but most of them are comfortable. Not too keen on the food but the city is so close you have your choice of restaurants.

The Imperial is good if you prefer a more 'homely' atmosphere. The rooms are smaller but quite comfortable. There's less of a business vibe there than Clayton. I like the food in the restaurant there and breakfast is good. Staff are more friendly too.

I've stayed in both places and well, my preference would probably be the Imperial.

Advertisement